Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our board is becoming a joke 09:03 - Jan 22 with 4917 viewsmagicdaps10

David Ngog and Rhy Williams, that sums up their ambition! Are they getting ready for championship football or what!?

Thanks for saving the club and all that but thats history. The fans pay the prices and buy the merchandise and dont deserve these type of signings.

Hull and others are showing ambition and this is what we show.I would rather us bring in some quality for a few months to add to the starting line up rather than this junk wich will add very little to the squad.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our board is becoming a joke on 14:04 - Jan 22 with 1364 viewsjohnlangy

Our board is becoming a joke on 13:36 - Jan 22 by perchrockjack

Well we ll see. It will be dreadful off it comes off and if it does you wont be too bothered and come on here with the same old mundane shuite.
Creaming myself? Go feck yourself .Sorry
Pity you couldn't have a word with my missus who ll advise you wehat its like in our house at the moment.

People who don't expect us to get a result at any club are simply beyond me.
We have got results against these type of clubs

I don't expect to but I HOPE we get points against the top 6 or 7 clubs perch. We've beaten most of them in the past in a one off but I don't expect to get anything when we play them.

Now I do expect to get points from the games coming up. If we don't get a decent return from the next 4, bearing in mind the opposition and with injured players coming back, then I really will be worried.

I hope (not expect ) 7 points maybe more. Then we'll see where we are.
Our board is becoming a joke on 14:04 - Jan 22 with 1364 viewsshandyjack

Our board is becoming a joke on 13:36 - Jan 22 by perchrockjack

Well we ll see. It will be dreadful off it comes off and if it does you wont be too bothered and come on here with the same old mundane shuite.
Creaming myself? Go feck yourself .Sorry
Pity you couldn't have a word with my missus who ll advise you wehat its like in our house at the moment.

People who don't expect us to get a result at any club are simply beyond me.
We have got results against these type of clubs

so you EXPECT rather than HOPE to get a result against teams that spent close to 100m in the summer on their squad.

What a stupid person you are. It would take investment of some nature before we can EXPECT to beat these big clubs

Poll: Expectation for the season

Our board is becoming a joke on 14:05 - Jan 22 with 1361 viewsperchrockjack

Our board is becoming a joke on 14:00 - Jan 22 by monmouth

LMAO. Excellent

Not so really as the bathroom- we only have one- is on the same floor as my Study. There is an electric toothbruth which was bought as a present by some pr1ck. I m trying to cut my electric bills but the PC has to stay on so I can help people but its not working
Hopefully there be a new dawn and Hamlet will leave us with happy memories

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our board is becoming a joke on 14:11 - Jan 22 with 1348 viewsCatullus

Our board is becoming a joke on 09:18 - Jan 22 by RogueTrooper

Exactly,

Its not as if we have no form for buying unfancied players and integrating them nicely into our system

Agreed, spending silly money in January could just cause other problems. We need the right players not just expensive players.
You look at our first choice eleven, why have none of them been poached? Because other teams think our players aren't good enough? Would Leon get a game at most other Premier clubs?
Our strength is in our system, in having players who adapt to it and do it properly. We all know our players are better than other clubs give them credit (well some of them are!!) and there's no reason we can't fetch in more unfancied players and improve them too.
For the record, I think our problems lay more in our rotation system (too many changes too often) Some of our players lacking motivation or the spirit for a fight and of course our long injury list.
I also think Laudrup has made more mistakes this season. Team selection, tactics and substitutions have been a worry to me. Players played out of position, certain players not playing regularly and then getting stick for not performing (Bony had this but now he's a starter he's playing better) and certain players (JDG and Hernandez) being guaranteed starters even when their form doesn't justify it.
That's my rant, my reasoning whether right or wrong.

Also for the record, I'm not so keen on Ngog but he would get exactly the same chance to prove himself as everyone else. Not that I believe he's coming.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our board is becoming a joke on 15:02 - Jan 22 with 1297 viewsperchrockjack

Our board is becoming a joke on 14:11 - Jan 22 by Catullus

Agreed, spending silly money in January could just cause other problems. We need the right players not just expensive players.
You look at our first choice eleven, why have none of them been poached? Because other teams think our players aren't good enough? Would Leon get a game at most other Premier clubs?
Our strength is in our system, in having players who adapt to it and do it properly. We all know our players are better than other clubs give them credit (well some of them are!!) and there's no reason we can't fetch in more unfancied players and improve them too.
For the record, I think our problems lay more in our rotation system (too many changes too often) Some of our players lacking motivation or the spirit for a fight and of course our long injury list.
I also think Laudrup has made more mistakes this season. Team selection, tactics and substitutions have been a worry to me. Players played out of position, certain players not playing regularly and then getting stick for not performing (Bony had this but now he's a starter he's playing better) and certain players (JDG and Hernandez) being guaranteed starters even when their form doesn't justify it.
That's my rant, my reasoning whether right or wrong.

Also for the record, I'm not so keen on Ngog but he would get exactly the same chance to prove himself as everyone else. Not that I believe he's coming.

Lets not forget that Bony has been subbed and Vasquez brought on as a straight swop.Ive not seen anyone yet defend this criminal waste of talent.
Hernandez has been hailed our most creative player yet one who is unable to play much at all.

Our board is becoming a joke on 15:07 - Jan 22 with 1289 viewsBloodyhills

We have board who run the club well. We have no debt (not many clubs in the Premier can say that). I wouldn't swap our board for anyone else's. I trust the board to keep running the club in a financially sustainable way. If we go down, and I think we will stay up, we will be OK. If our closest rivals go down they will be in serious shit financially and could tumble a long way down.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Our board is becoming a joke on 15:45 - Jan 22 with 1248 viewsbermudajack

Our board is becoming a joke on 15:07 - Jan 22 by Bloodyhills

We have board who run the club well. We have no debt (not many clubs in the Premier can say that). I wouldn't swap our board for anyone else's. I trust the board to keep running the club in a financially sustainable way. If we go down, and I think we will stay up, we will be OK. If our closest rivals go down they will be in serious shit financially and could tumble a long way down.

Does anyone else suspect that last summer's spat between ML & HJ is still running? That report on SSN today and the recent spat between CF & GM sums it up for me...

HJ wants more British players, ML doesn't rate them & believes he can get better value abroad. HJ is worried about a Spanish/ British divide in the squad. It wouldn't surprise me if they blame each other for the Ki debacle...

The next purchase the club makes in this transfer window will be a clear indicator of who is running the show... The fans and board are losing confidence with ML based on our picarious league position, a couple of wins and a draw in out next 3 games will relieve the pressure, failure will result in a quick "Roberto de Matteo... what brings you to Rossi's" ???

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Our board is becoming a joke on 17:30 - Jan 22 with 1203 viewsNOTRAC

We were late into the transfer market in the summer,and we are now paying the price.There never seems to be much planning involved,only reactionary buying.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Login to get fewer ads

Our board is becoming a joke on 17:43 - Jan 22 with 1190 viewsOldjack

Scouts should be searching the globe all the year round for talent ,have we got any ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Our board is becoming a joke on 17:53 - Jan 22 with 1165 viewslonglostjack

Our board is becoming a joke on 15:45 - Jan 22 by bermudajack

Does anyone else suspect that last summer's spat between ML & HJ is still running? That report on SSN today and the recent spat between CF & GM sums it up for me...

HJ wants more British players, ML doesn't rate them & believes he can get better value abroad. HJ is worried about a Spanish/ British divide in the squad. It wouldn't surprise me if they blame each other for the Ki debacle...

The next purchase the club makes in this transfer window will be a clear indicator of who is running the show... The fans and board are losing confidence with ML based on our picarious league position, a couple of wins and a draw in out next 3 games will relieve the pressure, failure will result in a quick "Roberto de Matteo... what brings you to Rossi's" ???

Looking at what we'd get if we were to sell Michu Pozuelo Amat and Chico compared to what we paid for them, I can't believe that Huw will be losing too much sleep about ML briging in another Spanish player if he thinks there's better value there.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Our board is becoming a joke on 18:04 - Jan 22 with 1135 viewsNewhousemustscore

All the transfer rumours appear to be permanent signings. A loan player can freshen things up for a few months until we get players back fit. After all lukaku and Barry have certainly added something to evertons squad this season. I wouldn't want to fill my team up with loans (like Watford have done) but laudrup must have contacts with some big clubs looking to send some underused players out for game time.
Our board is becoming a joke on 19:38 - Jan 22 with 1072 viewsSwanfan1

how are you going to argue against Bolton fans
calling Ngog the worst striker they ever seen and how he is shit....
yet this is what they going for..

good luck board seem to have a dream of playing in championship

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Our board is becoming a joke on 20:02 - Jan 22 with 1041 viewsmax936

Our board is becoming a joke on 17:43 - Jan 22 by Oldjack

Scouts should be searching the globe all the year round for talent ,have we got any ?

Well, if all their efforts have produced recommendations for the likes of mediocre Championship players such as Ngog and the injury prone Williams, they deserve a big bonus.

Their P45's

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Our board is becoming a joke on 20:28 - Jan 22 with 1004 viewsDavillin

Our board is becoming a joke on 13:54 - Jan 22 by perchrockjack

I thought initially the OP was about our Football board.

Got me! When I first read your post, I thought you were being serious.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Our board is becoming a joke on 20:32 - Jan 22 with 995 viewsC_jack

Ngog had potential at Liverpool, he's only 24, seems like he's been around for years.

Too much too young.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Our board is becoming a joke on 20:40 - Jan 22 with 972 viewsDavillin

Observations:

There was a brief moment or two when this thread made some sense.

Our board is NOT 'becoming a joke,' not even remotely,, and never has been. Except perhaps to posters who think bringing in new players is just a trip to the Football Players Supermarket, pushing a shopping cart down the "Midfielders" aisle, then up the "Strikers" aisle, etc., and pulling one off the shelf, going to the registers, and paying for him.

I have never played Football Manager, but I imagine some of the posters who are damning the board think that their job in finding players is like playing Football Manager.

It ain't neither!

Finally, please stop insulting those who do not agree with you. It's unpleasant and counterproductive.

Our board is becoming a joke on 20:59 - Jan 22 with 945 viewsexiledclaseboy

Has the Evening Post every been right about one of our "targets"? Ever?

Poll: Tory leader

Our board is becoming a joke on 21:29 - Jan 22 with 904 viewsDavillin

Our board is becoming a joke on 20:59 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

Has the Evening Post every been right about one of our "targets"? Ever?

Good question.

I wonder how many other PlanetSwans posters can say that they have never looked at the "Official Transfer Thread" [or whatever it's called]. I make it a matter of preserving my peace of mind to not look at it.

My question, which is not only rhetorical but cannot be answered, is what percentage of players with whom we are linked in the media ever come here. I'm certain that the further away from the present, the lower the percentage, and that only those reported after it is common knowledge can be relatively certain of coming here.

Our board is becoming a joke on 10:35 - Jan 23 with 800 viewsperchrockjack

Our board is becoming a joke on 20:28 - Jan 22 by Davillin

Got me! When I first read your post, I thought you were being serious.

Never trust the Welsh Tone...

Our board is becoming a joke on 11:36 - Jan 23 with 752 viewsBackHeel

Our board is becoming a joke on 09:11 - Jan 22 by Clinton

Clubs like Hull, Reds, Southampton have backers with hundreds of millions of pounds.
We can't compete with that kind of purchasing power however many woolly hats we buy.
Start overpaying and the club goes bust again. Look at problems of Portsmouth, Bolton, Blackburn, etc.

exactly, we need to remian prudent
Our board is becoming a joke on 12:19 - Jan 23 with 734 viewsItchySphincter

I don't think we are going down even if we don't make a signing. I was amongst the first to raise concerns over performances and duly took a battering for it but that is still the key to it - I've barely missed a home game and imo performance levels are on an upward curve and getting the likes of Michu, Vorm, Shelvey, Canas, Dyer, Britton, Bony, etc fully fit for the run will be worth far more than an emergency January signing, results will follow.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024