Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
strange seaon 23:22 - Jan 30 with 2895 viewsjackforever

Just come off our worst ever PL run but on the other hand we haven't lost a PL game against a side outside the top 7 since the scum at the beginning of nov. Which for a side like us can't be bad. Take into account the amount of games we have played and injuries which may now work to our advantage as so many players have had a rest, then I am positive for the rest of the season.
strange seaon on 23:33 - Jan 30 with 2854 viewsLiam12345

the biggest effect on us is that teams around us have doe just as well as us this season and that's because we have missed potential opportunitys, however those missed chances have been against teams who you can say are massively better than us such as Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City and Tottenham 3 of which we have now played twice and now have teams who we can certainly beat so out of the remaining games we should get about 8 wins and maybe 1 - 2 draws against teams in our neck of the woods which obviously means we take points away from those around us giving us the opportunity to get slightly further away from those teams also of course teams around us losing and drawing would be lovely haha.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

strange seaon on 23:57 - Jan 30 with 2797 viewsSwansNZ

We have done very well in games that are not against the top 7.
If I'm correct, we've Played 13, Won 6, Drawn 5 and Lost just 2, for 23 points.

Pity we have not picked up anything against the top 7 (except the draw with loserpool), but these games against the bottom 12 teams are the vital ones.

The BBC preview of our game against West Ham - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25892174 ...

"Swansea
They have only only earned two points from five away matches since beating Fulham 2-1 in November. Michael Laudrup's side have scored just twice during this run. "

They fail to mention, the 3 away games we lost were against Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

strange seaon on 00:05 - Jan 31 with 2773 viewsLiam12345

strange seaon on 23:57 - Jan 30 by SwansNZ

Pity we have not picked up anything against the top 7 (except the draw with loserpool), but these games against the bottom 12 teams are the vital ones.

The BBC preview of our game against West Ham - http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25892174 ...

"Swansea
They have only only earned two points from five away matches since beating Fulham 2-1 in November. Michael Laudrup's side have scored just twice during this run. "

They fail to mention, the 3 away games we lost were against Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd.

and when we played Man City and Chelsea away i thought we looked pretty good just that they could make something out of nothing with their sheer class.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

strange seaon on 00:57 - Jan 31 with 2723 viewsJJJack

strange seaon on 23:57 - Jan 30 by SwansNZ

"Swansea

As the OP quite correctly says, it's been a strange season indeed. But the failure by many to accept that we had a ridiculously tough run playing City twice, Utd , Chelsea and Spurs in quick succession meant we were in falsely low position. That record of P13 W6 D5 L2 against "the rest" just goes to show how good a side we actually are. And of thise defeats one was Saints away which is hardly a disgrace! I forget who the other one was...

It's not inconceivable that we could repeat that 23pt haul in the remaining games against these teams and end up with a very respectable tally.
strange seaon on 01:26 - Jan 31 with 2691 viewsSwansNZ

strange seaon on 00:57 - Jan 31 by JJJack

As the OP quite correctly says, it's been a strange season indeed. But the failure by many to accept that we had a ridiculously tough run playing City twice, Utd , Chelsea and Spurs in quick succession meant we were in falsely low position. That record of P13 W6 D5 L2 against "the rest" just goes to show how good a side we actually are. And of thise defeats one was Saints away which is hardly a disgrace! I forget who the other one was...

It's not inconceivable that we could repeat that 23pt haul in the remaining games against these teams and end up with a very respectable tally.

I think if you compare the points total against the teams we have played (substituting the relegated with promoted teams), we have just 1 point fewer that last season.

So, it's not inconceivable that we will get somewhere around the 47 or 46 points we have had in our first 2 seasons in the PL.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

strange seaon on 07:48 - Jan 31 with 2559 viewsMrSwerve

Well we tonked Newcastle and they were top 7 at the time...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024