Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB : OFFICIAL 14:33 - Feb 4 with 10065 views_Kieran

Garry Monk will take up the reigns as head coach alongside current first team coach Alan Curtis for the foreseeable future.

“It is a decision we have taken reluctantly,’’ confirmed Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins. “But it’s a decision made in the best interests of Swansea City Football Club and our supporters.

The Swansea chairman concluded: “I hope all our supporters can fully understand how difficult this period has been for us and I would urge everyone connected to the football club to get behind Garry Monk, the staff and players.’’

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ml-leaves-1340293.aspx

[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 20:14]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Garry Monk lands Swans job on 14:34 - Feb 4 with 6305 views_Kieran

Sky sources are reporting that Garry Monk is to become part of the coaching set-up at Swansea.

The news comes in the wake of speculation that manager Michael Laudrup's future at the club may be in doubt, Saturday's loss at West Ham having left the Swans just two points outside the relegation zone.

Laudrup is 4/7 favourite in Sky Bet's 'Next Premier League boss to leave' market and Monk's price to be the next manager of the club has been trimmed dramatically.

The 34-year-old defender is now 6/4 favourite with Paddy Power to be the next man to take charge at the Welsh side, following the news that he is set for a coaching role.

More to follow ...

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Garry Monk lands Swans job on 14:53 - Feb 4 with 6029 viewsorion3016

Garry Monk lands Swans job on 14:34 - Feb 4 by _Kieran

Sky sources are reporting that Garry Monk is to become part of the coaching set-up at Swansea.

The news comes in the wake of speculation that manager Michael Laudrup's future at the club may be in doubt, Saturday's loss at West Ham having left the Swans just two points outside the relegation zone.

Laudrup is 4/7 favourite in Sky Bet's 'Next Premier League boss to leave' market and Monk's price to be the next manager of the club has been trimmed dramatically.

The 34-year-old defender is now 6/4 favourite with Paddy Power to be the next man to take charge at the Welsh side, following the news that he is set for a coaching role.

More to follow ...

Hopefully will give us a boost for Saturday
It's all about survival now, there'll inevitably be issues in the dressing room but it's a short term fix we need

Be over there now after

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:01 - Feb 4 with 5882 viewsJethroJack

If its true, BRILLIANT NEWS
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:01 - Feb 4 with 5882 viewsDull1Thomas

Injured stalwart at the end of his career is given a coaching job.

headline OK

Speculation he is taking over from the boss - get a life.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:03 - Feb 4 with 5848 viewsJACKARSE

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:01 - Feb 4 by Dull1Thomas

Injured stalwart at the end of his career is given a coaching job.

headline OK

Speculation he is taking over from the boss - get a life.

Bringing Monk into the training regime was a gimme anyway as club captain and something I am sure ML expected and would have endorsed. What's with all this cloak and daggers stuff get a pro PR man and present a united front FFS.
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:04 - Feb 4 with 5822 viewsDull1Thomas

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:03 - Feb 4 by JACKARSE

Bringing Monk into the training regime was a gimme anyway as club captain and something I am sure ML expected and would have endorsed. What's with all this cloak and daggers stuff get a pro PR man and present a united front FFS.

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:09 - Feb 4 with 5747 views_Kieran

... Sky Sports reporter Graham Thomas said: "Sources have suggested to me that Garry Monk will be joining the Swansea City coaching team to work underneath Michael Laudrup.

"I think this decision has come from the board, led by chairman Huw Jenkins.

"Monk is one of the longest-serving players in the Swansea squad, he's been at the club for most of the past decade.

"He has hardly played this season because he has lost his place to Chico Flores and he has also suffered injuries but the concern among the Swansea boardroom is that the team have been allowed to drift in recent weeks.

"Michael Laudrup has cut a rather distant, withdrawn figure and Monk, who is a very well-respected voice of authority within that dressing-room, is seen as the ideal figure to get things back on course.

"I managed to get a brief word with Michael Laudrup earlier and, when I asked if he was staying at the club, he replied 'Well, why wouldn't I?'

"At the moment, Garry Monk is coming in to work alongside Michael Laudrup."

Cardiff are 19th in the Premier League table but lie just three points behind Swansea in 12th and Laudrup's team play host to their rivals in a critical South Wales derby on Saturday evening.

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:10 - Feb 4 with 5735 viewsshandyjack

so he is just an addition to the coaching set up then. No big deal as of yet then, lets see how he gets on

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:13 - Feb 4 with 5649 viewsDull1Thomas

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:10 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

so he is just an addition to the coaching set up then. No big deal as of yet then, lets see how he gets on

and it would have had to be a board decision.
Suggestions that Monk would join the coaching staff when he retired as a player were being made two seasons ago.
Job done.

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:13 - Feb 4 with 5649 viewslonglostjack

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:03 - Feb 4 by JACKARSE

Sensible post

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:15 - Feb 4 with 5618 viewsJACKARSE

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:10 - Feb 4 by shandyjack

Yeah he might be shite, Bobby Charlton tried it and he was shite at it Preston
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:17 - Feb 4 with 5569 viewsrob

Really weird time to do it. The more cynical, may come to conclusion that the club are trying to make ML jump ship.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 15:29]
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:21 - Feb 4 with 5504 viewsicecoldjack

All the cloak and dagger stuff with negative feed back for this ?? why couldnt the club make this a massive positive instead ?

So am i right in saying its curtis,monk,weighorst and Laudrup

4 coaches ? hope one of them can organise a defence !
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:22 - Feb 4 with 5478 viewsgyrjack

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:17 - Feb 4 by rob

Really weird time to do it. The more cynical, may come to conclusion that the club are trying to make ML jump ship.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 15:29]

Nah, its been on the cards for a while and I recon its happened now, before the scumdiff game, to inject a bit of passion into the players and hopefully Monk will now have the authority to shake some of them out of their apparent apathy.
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:24 - Feb 4 with 5444 viewsDull1Thomas

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:21 - Feb 4 by icecoldjack

All the cloak and dagger stuff with negative feed back for this ?? why couldnt the club make this a massive positive instead ?

So am i right in saying its curtis,monk,weighorst and Laudrup

4 coaches ? hope one of them can organise a defence !

Putting a player on the coaching team does the following
1) shows loyalty
2) frees up a place on the senior squad
3) gives him experience and prepares him for his next phase in football
4) shares workload
5) ensures continuity

Win, win , win.

Garry Monk lands Swans job on 15:31 - Feb 4 with 5324 viewsLiberty

Garry Monk lands Swans job on 14:34 - Feb 4 by _Kieran

More to follow ...

I am waiting for next Sky exclusive that Doris from Townhill has joined the catering staff.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:39 - Feb 4 with 5217 viewsGriffting

If anyone can organise a defence, its Gary Monk..
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:40 - Feb 4 with 5210 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Dont really know what to read into this, but hopefully this will give the players a shake up on saturday. A big figure in size and standing within the club that monk is, maybe a few loud choice words and some blood and guts will get things going for us. Its all well and good playing great flowing football but, if your not hurting your opponents then its pointless, yes play the game the right way but first, you need , determination, organisation and the will to give 110%.
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:46 - Feb 4 with 5149 viewsplasmarljack

"cometh the hour" ... cometh the man" Attitude and heart, very potent qualities!
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:46 - Feb 4 with 5149 viewsDull1Thomas

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:40 - Feb 4 by blaenaugwentjack

Dont really know what to read into this, but hopefully this will give the players a shake up on saturday. A big figure in size and standing within the club that monk is, maybe a few loud choice words and some blood and guts will get things going for us. Its all well and good playing great flowing football but, if your not hurting your opponents then its pointless, yes play the game the right way but first, you need , determination, organisation and the will to give 110%.

Thing is when we beat Cardiff it will be …

Gary Monk coaches Swansea to success. Laudrup on his way out.

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 16:24 - Feb 4 with 4903 viewsSwansforever

Garry Monk's fiance has said its not true. Shes got no reason to lie.
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 16:31 - Feb 4 with 4841 viewsJACKARSE

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 16:24 - Feb 4 by Swansforever

Garry Monk's fiance has said its not true. Shes got no reason to lie.

Yeah she once tweeted ....

'I hate living in Swansea. I'd do anything for Garry to get a move.'
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 16:37 - Feb 4 with 4775 viewsAl_Bundy

Adding KOL to the coaching staff has been a rip roaring success...

I'll get my coat ..
GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 16:43 - Feb 4 with 4680 viewsQuakerJack

Ok, so let's say Laudrup is going in the summer. And we're then bringing in a manager who is going to want to bring his own staff with him, when laudrup got here he was told he would have to work with Curt, fair enough in my view. But now the new manager will be told he has to work with curt and monk.

How many coaches are we going to need exactly. I mean unless wieghorst goes before or becomes manager, then I think he'll go with laudrup, so can we assume that the next man is either monk or someone else like the academy coach and this new coaching structure is being sorted now ready for next season? Otherwise Mr new manager may not want all these coaches we've bestowed upon him.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 19:05 - Feb 4 with 4203 viewsymaohyd

GARRY MONK LANDS SWANS JOB - BREAKING NEWS (SKY SPORTS) on 15:01 - Feb 4 by JethroJack

If its true, BRILLIANT NEWS

I agree x

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024