Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager 20:48 - Feb 4 with 4647 viewsattila_the_hun

how can giving the managers job to a man who has no managerial experience nevermind premier league management experience be the right thing to do ? l love Monk and the passion he has for the club but surely its time for an old head to come in and take charge. Really hope Garry does well but this seems a crazy decision we are supposed to be a premier league team now :I

"I'm Free"

Manager on 00:04 - Feb 5 with 1387 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

I'm glad a change has been made to try and combat the ever-increasing malaise which is permeating the club, but I do hope that this situation doesn't emerge as a 'jobs for the boyos' sort of affair. Fingers crossed that Monk has been selected more for his commitment and passion for the Swans, than his ability to assuage certain members of the squad/board.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 0:07]

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Manager on 00:14 - Feb 5 with 1359 viewsAdmire

I think that this is far worse than booting ML..

I LOVE monk. He is a fantastic ambassador of the club and still a very decent player. But there has been constant talk about cliques so how does it help to appoint one from one of those groups?
Manager on 00:19 - Feb 5 with 1350 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Manager on 00:14 - Feb 5 by Admire

I think that this is far worse than booting ML..

I LOVE monk. He is a fantastic ambassador of the club and still a very decent player. But there has been constant talk about cliques so how does it help to appoint one from one of those groups?

True. This could either be a masterstroke by the board, or could potentially create a larger and ultimately irreconcilable chasm between our squad. Dangerous territory - let's hope Monk is able to be wholly professional for the good of the club and puts friendships aside (I'm sure he will personally).
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 0:19]

Manager on 00:24 - Feb 5 with 1339 viewsJACKARSE

Manager on 00:19 - Feb 5 by Generation_Terrorist

True. This could either be a masterstroke by the board, or could potentially create a larger and ultimately irreconcilable chasm between our squad. Dangerous territory - let's hope Monk is able to be wholly professional for the good of the club and puts friendships aside (I'm sure he will personally).
[Post edited 5 Feb 2014 0:19]

it's a fvcking big ask ......
Manager on 07:20 - Feb 5 with 1288 viewsattila_the_hun

how come Marcelo Biesla keeps getting mentioned

"I'm Free"

Manager on 07:39 - Feb 5 with 1269 views1983

Manager on 21:06 - Feb 4 by pencoedjack

From Laudrup to Monk and some seem happy

Unbelievable .....

Small club mentality.

Exactly this

Manager on 07:43 - Feb 5 with 1264 viewssomersetsimon

Manager on 20:57 - Feb 4 by Liam12345

Monk will know how important it is for us to beat teams especially Cardiff confident he will have the spark of fire and passion we vitally need. Also lets start up with lining the layers up and giving them a good boot up the arse.

What does the manager/head coach do? Buy players, pick the team, set tactics and motivate players.

The transfer window is closed, so there's nothing we can do there.
We have a small squad, a team of our fit players picks almost picks itself.
With the players we have, our tactics are reasonably well set.
Motivation and work rate? - that's the bit we've been missing, so I'm hoping that Monk can sort this out before the end of the season.

In the meantime we can select a suitable new manager. Hopefully, we can do like we've done before and get someone who can add something extra to what we have already and take us on further.
Manager on 07:56 - Feb 5 with 1254 viewsjacksinceever

Manager on 20:57 - Feb 4 by Dull1Thomas

If we get relegated (more concerned now than any time before but hope I'm wrong) I trust the board do the honourable thing will resign en masse.

Why? I agree that if they see Monk & co as the answer then they are sadly mistaken and they are possibly preparing for life in the Championship under a new manager to be appointed in the summer.
However, deep down I feel that a new appointment is imminent.
Either way to expect the board who got us where we are to walk away is just poppycock
Login to get fewer ads

Manager on 08:02 - Feb 5 with 1245 viewsJACKARSE

Manager on 07:43 - Feb 5 by somersetsimon

What does the manager/head coach do? Buy players, pick the team, set tactics and motivate players.

The transfer window is closed, so there's nothing we can do there.
We have a small squad, a team of our fit players picks almost picks itself.
With the players we have, our tactics are reasonably well set.
Motivation and work rate? - that's the bit we've been missing, so I'm hoping that Monk can sort this out before the end of the season.

In the meantime we can select a suitable new manager. Hopefully, we can do like we've done before and get someone who can add something extra to what we have already and take us on further.

I hope I really am wrong but the new manager will be trying to get us back into the PL with most of our good players gone.
If I was offered the job I would wait until the summer to see if we were in the PL and had funds to spend before I took it with 14 games to go.
Manager on 08:04 - Feb 5 with 1240 viewsjacksinceever

Manager on 08:02 - Feb 5 by JACKARSE

I hope I really am wrong but the new manager will be trying to get us back into the PL with most of our good players gone.
If I was offered the job I would wait until the summer to see if we were in the PL and had funds to spend before I took it with 14 games to go.

Any out of work manager or lower league manager would jump at it
Manager on 08:17 - Feb 5 with 1217 views1jack

Manager on 07:39 - Feb 5 by 1983

Exactly this

What a load of old bo11ocks.
Manager on 09:25 - Feb 5 with 1169 viewsRobRecordeFan

Is Monk really officially new manager? Wouldn't he need dispensations as he hasnt got a pro license, does he even have the A license?
Manager on 09:39 - Feb 5 with 1157 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Manager on 09:25 - Feb 5 by RobRecordeFan

Is Monk really officially new manager? Wouldn't he need dispensations as he hasnt got a pro license, does he even have the A license?

Hence the reason his title is 'head coach' I think. Same with Sherwood at Spurs.

Manager on 09:48 - Feb 5 with 1151 viewsClinton

Manager on 21:06 - Feb 4 by pencoedjack

From Laudrup to Monk and some seem happy

Unbelievable .....

Small club mentality.

Well we ain't exactly Real Madrid are we?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Manager on 09:50 - Feb 5 with 1145 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Phone in on radio cardiff atm, Hoddle to be interviewed nxt week according to a reporter on their.
Manager on 19:31 - Feb 5 with 1072 viewsattila_the_hun

Manager on 09:50 - Feb 5 by blaenaugwentjack

Phone in on radio cardiff atm, Hoddle to be interviewed nxt week according to a reporter on their.

great stuff

"I'm Free"

Manager on 20:25 - Feb 5 with 1031 viewsYr_Arglwydd_Rhys

Manager on 20:57 - Feb 4 by Dull1Thomas

If we get relegated (more concerned now than any time before but hope I'm wrong) I trust the board do the honourable thing will resign en masse.

And how, exactly, would that help? Are you assuming that the board did not think long and hard about sacking a world-renowned manager who won us our first ever major English silverware? They clearly thought that the sack was the best thing for the future of Swansea City. I'm happy with that.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024