Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! 00:31 - Feb 16 with 50321 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 13:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:58 - Feb 16 with 1509 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:56 - Feb 16 by WarwickHunt

Do you really think the starting 11 and leaving Wilf on the bench for the second half/last 30 was a team picked to win?

Do you think it was a team picked to lose? I think that Monk has prioritised the FA Cup as third on his list for this week's games. That much was clear in the team selection today. But to suggest we deliberately tried not to win in ludicrous.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:58 - Feb 16 with 1509 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:56 - Feb 16 by WarwickHunt

Do you really think the starting 11 and leaving Wilf on the bench for the second half/last 30 was a team picked to win?

If the team was picked to lose there is something rotten in Swansea.
The fans who travelled and put their hands in their pockets were cheated directly, other fans indirectly.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:58 - Feb 16 with 1507 viewsquiff

We have three games in a week people! one is a European game of our dreams (that we're very unlikley to play in any time soon) the other is a game at anfield 3 days later with us still looking over our shoulders, Monk used common sense mun!

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:01 - Feb 16 with 1468 viewsTom1912

Do we really think we'll get much from Anfield?

Would have been this priority for me, personally:

FA Cup
Europa League
Liverpool
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 16:05]
The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:02 - Feb 16 with 1459 viewsSpratty

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:53 - Feb 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Absolutely gutted. Especially when Everton WERE there for the taking. I would have loved to be in that draw tonight and it's a double whammy as we could have beaten them for the first time to boot.
Winning breeds confidence and there's nothing as quite gives the spine a tingle to be closing in on a cup semi. I feel we've binned the chance of silverware and in my opinion there was no need to. For a club of our stature it's a little hard to take.

Exactly how I feel
The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:02 - Feb 16 with 1458 viewsJackSomething

I appreciate we're all disappointed to lose, but some of you are fantasists. Had we won today, our run of games in the competition would have been:

Man U - Away
Everton - Away
Arsenal or Liverpool - Away

I would guess that if someone offered us 3 points from those three games in the league, most of us would take it. So why do some think we'd be likely to win all three in the cup, first team or not?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:05 - Feb 16 with 1444 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:01 - Feb 16 by Tom1912

FA Cup
Europa League
Liverpool

Agree.
As far as I can see the Liverpool game will be a case of protecting our better goal difference.
Today was winnable
Napoli - unlikely to win but need to stay in the tie for the away game.

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:06 - Feb 16 with 1427 viewsTom1912

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:02 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

I appreciate we're all disappointed to lose, but some of you are fantasists. Had we won today, our run of games in the competition would have been:

Man U - Away
Everton - Away

I would guess that if someone offered us 3 points from those three games in the league, most of us would take it. So why do some think we'd be likely to win all three in the cup, first team or not?

We'd already beaten United, had a good opportunity to take the game to Everton second half and the draw for the next round hadn't been made before so that game's irrelevant.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:07 - Feb 16 with 1420 viewsJackSomething

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:58 - Feb 16 by exiledclaseboy

Do you think it was a team picked to lose? I think that Monk has prioritised the FA Cup as third on his list for this week's games. That much was clear in the team selection today. But to suggest we deliberately tried not to win in ludicrous.

It's obvious that Monk rated this as third priority and I have no problem with that.

The people moaning about the selection are the same people who would have crucified him if he played the first team and someone got injured.

I will say though that to see an obviously not good enough for us player like Lita (with his lack of football) look so much better than Vasquez was depressing.

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:07 - Feb 16 with 1419 viewsmonmouth

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:01 - Feb 16 by Tom1912

FA Cup
Europa League
Liverpool

"Do we really think we'll get much from Anfield. "

No I don't. Nor the emirates. That's why I'm even less concerned about losing that game than I was an hour ago.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:07 - Feb 16 with 1419 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:58 - Feb 16 by exiledclaseboy

Semantics.

It sure as f*ck wasn't a team picked to win. They were there for the taking in the second half and we leave our matchwinner on the bench and Nathan should have come on for Lamah, not Routs.
The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:08 - Feb 16 with 1407 viewsRobRecordeFan

Rolling over in the round before the quarters in the FA = competing with the best.
mkay.
The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:08 - Feb 16 with 1404 viewsSTEVE1

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:02 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

Man U - Away
Everton - Away

Did we not have a reserve back 4 at man utd
The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:11 - Feb 16 with 1379 viewsblaine_scfc

We have played 40 games this season, we are still in Uefa Cup, and nowhere near safe in the league. If we had picked up injuries to big players today Monk would have been slaughtered and rightly so. We give it a good go but the mistake for second goal killed us, it happens.
The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:11 - Feb 16 with 1371 viewsJackSomething

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:06 - Feb 16 by Tom1912

We'd already beaten United, had a good opportunity to take the game to Everton second half and the draw for the next round hadn't been made before so that game's irrelevant.

So we could have played a better team and got a win or a replay (not something we need). We'd then have a more tired team for a more important game on Thursday and an even more important game on the weekend. Our reward for all that would be a trip to Arsenal or Liverpool. Colour me 5 shades of not giving a f*ck that Monk rotated the team.

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:12 - Feb 16 with 1357 viewsDull1Thomas

Then the management should have said well in advance, 'We're not bothering to turn up, we advise the fans not to waste their money either.'

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:13 - Feb 16 with 1355 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:11 - Feb 16 by blaine_scfc

We have played 40 games this season, we are still in Uefa Cup, and nowhere near safe in the league. If we had picked up injuries to big players today Monk would have been slaughtered and rightly so. We give it a good go but the mistake for second goal killed us, it happens.

Sensible post.
We played well ,monk had faith in the players he picked couple of mistakes cost us .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:14 - Feb 16 with 1343 viewsJackSomething

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:08 - Feb 16 by STEVE1

Did we not have a reserve back 4 at man utd

Just checked. We played Tiendelli, Taylor, Chico, Amat. For whatever that's worth.

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:17 - Feb 16 with 1325 viewsJackSomething

The toys being thrown out of the pram here remind me very much of when we lost to Wigan in the League Cup. I don't know about anyone else, but that is hardly what I think of first when I think back to that season. ..

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:18 - Feb 16 with 1319 viewsSTEVE1

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:14 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

Just checked. We played Tiendelli, Taylor, Chico, Amat. For whatever that's worth.

That is not far off a second sting back line but nobody said anything then I wonder is it because we won
The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:22 - Feb 16 with 1293 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 15:55 - Feb 16 by blaine_scfc

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Roy Keane rumbling on about "Shame on Swansea". Didn't the club he play for not even enter the FA Cup one season? T*sser

The Neanderthal doesn't like us one bit

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:23 - Feb 16 with 1279 viewsJackSomething

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:18 - Feb 16 by STEVE1

That is not far off a second sting back line but nobody said anything then I wonder is it because we won

Good point.

It's a little like the ITV 'pundits':

Before the game - disappointing team selection from Swansea.

Half-time with us drawing - Swansea have proved us wrong

Full-time having lost due to 2 individual mistakes - shame on Swansea.

Some people see a result and nothing else.

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:28 - Feb 16 with 1255 viewsepaul

A team picked to not win........unbelieveable, I'm sure every manager wants to win every game. Do managers send out teams to deliberately lose....... ffs. You couldnt make it up

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:29 - Feb 16 with 1247 viewsJackfath

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:28 - Feb 16 by epaul

A team picked to not win........unbelieveable, I'm sure every manager wants to win every game. Do managers send out teams to deliberately lose....... ffs. You couldnt make it up

Some people are drama queens me old mate.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:34 - Feb 16 with 1220 viewsSpratty

The Official Everton FC v Swansea City Reserves Matchday Thread! on 16:18 - Feb 16 by STEVE1

Wouldn't you say this is more of a balance of experience and 2nd string than we had today?

Also had Bony on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024