Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help the NHS 21:09 - Mar 14 with 881 viewspansypants

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Amnesty-1million-worth-walking-sticks-cr

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Help the NHS on 13:14 - Mar 17 with 824 viewsCatullus

It'll take a lot more than that to help the NHS. We could start by not treating foreigners unless they can pay in advance. NHS tourism is costing hundreds of millions. We could then stop all non essential elective surgery. If you want a boob job, nose job or liposuction etc, pay for it yourself.

They could also sack staff who are not up to the job and us cost hundreds of thousands a year in compensation claims.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Help the NHS on 19:04 - Mar 17 with 806 viewsquiff

Help the NHS on 13:14 - Mar 17 by Catullus

It'll take a lot more than that to help the NHS. We could start by not treating foreigners unless they can pay in advance. NHS tourism is costing hundreds of millions. We could then stop all non essential elective surgery. If you want a boob job, nose job or liposuction etc, pay for it yourself.

They could also sack staff who are not up to the job and us cost hundreds of thousands a year in compensation claims.

Got any proof of this millions spent on health tourists??

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Help the NHS on 19:14 - Mar 17 with 800 viewsexiledclaseboy

Help the NHS on 19:04 - Mar 17 by quiff

Got any proof of this millions spent on health tourists??

Of course not. It' s just fact innit. "Health tourism" is one of those trite phrases that are thrown about regularly and gets lumped in with foreign nationals who are here legitimately having NHS treatment.

Poll: Tory leader

Help the NHS on 22:17 - Mar 17 with 758 viewslovejuicejack

Help the NHS on 13:14 - Mar 17 by Catullus

Could try sacking the MP who wasted millions on a computer system that does not work, just an idea like.
Help the NHS on 23:06 - Mar 17 with 746 viewssingalongajack

the nhs pumped loads of money into employing managers a good while ago.
this now needs to be reversed and the money ploughed into the actual hands on stuff.
the waiting list for almost everything is huge,
hospitals are filthy.
the old style hospital ward, run by the revered matron, had respect, discipline and extreme cleanliness.
i don't know what the answer is, but it's moving towards pricing for care
Help the NHS on 13:00 - Mar 18 with 723 viewsCatullus

Help the NHS on 19:14 - Mar 17 by exiledclaseboy

Of course not. It' s just fact innit. "Health tourism" is one of those trite phrases that are thrown about regularly and gets lumped in with foreign nationals who are here legitimately having NHS treatment.

If I could be bothered I could get the figures for the number of people who came here, had treatment and then left the country without paying.
Health tourism is not a trite phrase that is just bandied about. The fact is that most hospitals have no mechanism for trying to claim back unpaid bills from foreign patients so they just forget about it. It's not their money so they don't care.
And if you look a bit deeper, many foreign nationals are having legitimate treatment here. But when British citizens are abroad in the EU, they have trouble getting their "legitimate" treatment without paying up front.
That's the financial crisis for you.
And ECB, you glibly dismiss many things. But I can guarantee you that even here in Swansea, there are unpaid medical bills run up by non EU nationals.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Help the NHS on 13:04 - Mar 18 with 721 viewsCatullus

Help the NHS on 22:17 - Mar 17 by lovejuicejack

Could try sacking the MP who wasted millions on a computer system that does not work, just an idea like.

That wasn't an MP though, was it? It was an entire government department.
And it was 500 million wasn't it?

If anyone in a normal job wasted that percentage of budget, orr made a mistake and caused huge losses, they would lose their job. It's always different in government.

Help the NHS on 19:24 - Mar 18 with 703 viewsquiff

Help the NHS on 13:00 - Mar 18 by Catullus

If I could be bothered I could get the figures for the number of people who came here, had treatment and then left the country without paying.
Health tourism is not a trite phrase that is just bandied about. The fact is that most hospitals have no mechanism for trying to claim back unpaid bills from foreign patients so they just forget about it. It's not their money so they don't care.
And if you look a bit deeper, many foreign nationals are having legitimate treatment here. But when British citizens are abroad in the EU, they have trouble getting their "legitimate" treatment without paying up front.
That's the financial crisis for you.
And ECB, you glibly dismiss many things. But I can guarantee you that even here in Swansea, there are unpaid medical bills run up by non EU nationals.

Still no proof then..

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Help the NHS on 19:45 - Mar 18 with 684 viewsCatullus

Help the NHS on 19:24 - Mar 18 by quiff

Still no proof then..

Believe it or not, makes no difference to me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024