Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
evening post article ofgem probe 01:00 - Mar 29 with 2113 viewssingalongajack

i've tried to post this on the evening post forum but it wouldn't let me.
apparently ofgem is instigating an enquiry into the "big 6" energy companies, to see how come their profit has skyrocketted from £233m in 2009 to £1.1m in 2012.
well, i'll tell you.
the facts i'm about to tell you are very difficult to find on the internet nowadays, for some reason

the bbc put this out at the end of 2009, before the global ban on commercially available light bulbs over 60w.,...
"there are about 20,000,000 households in brittain.
each household is said to have, on average, 25 bulbs.
lets work it out on the minimum bulb strength we used to use, 60w
that's 30,000,000,000 watts.
since the global ban on 60/100 watt bulbs in 2010 we can now get energy saving bulbs. the top end brightness of these wind up twts is about <20watts.
the national wattage of these bulbs would be 10,000,000,000 watts. thats 20 american billion less watts in britain alone.
and yet the electricity bills keep going up, making them a billion profit, by all accounts.
so, we should be saving 20 billion watts of electricity by using these bulbs, in britain.
how much less electricity must not be being used globally, and yet the bills keep going up.
who actually runs the show.
is making 1.1billion pounds profit ethical in your book?
oh, by the way, all the worlds' governments are in on it.
either they are just massively rich cnts wanting to have complete control over all of us, or david ike is right and the brighter lights hurt the aliens eyes as they harvest us and steal our gold
evening post article ofgem probe on 01:13 - Mar 29 with 2105 viewssingalongajack

pissed twt that i am
this is serious.
globally we're burning a huge amount of electricity LESS, but we're paying more and more for it.
whoever runs the electricity insists they make a massive percentage profit regardless how much energy has been spent.
there needs to be a major rethink on energy.
gravity control and zero point energy are the future of power.
these things already exist(gravity is an easy force to overcome and has been done many times) but, all the tech is swallowed up by the petrochems and won't be released until they stop making massive profit out of burning things, or peoples mood change and they move with it.
the world is run by people who don't care about us at all.
politics and all that shit was designed to keep stupid people feeling involved.
but you're not involved.
you just do what you're told
evening post article ofgem probe on 07:56 - Mar 29 with 2060 viewsShaky

The problem with your calculation is you fail to take into account how many light bulbs are in use at the same time, and more importantly how long they are on for (in kw hours).

The reason electricity prices are so expensive in the UK is that when Thatcher deregulated wholesale electricity markets, everybody rushed out and built gas-fired power generation plants, that were easier to receive permits for than say coal or nuclear plants but above wall were cheap in up front capital expenditure costs.

At the time they were also fairly cheap in operating costs using North Sea gas that had previously largely been flared off on the rigs because there was so much of it.

Now the production fields are seriously in decline and wholesale natural gas prices have gone through the roof, which is why energy prices have ballooned across the board.

Who is responsible for the monumental strategic planning failure? The market did it. (Plus Thatcher, Keith Joseph, etc).

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

evening post article ofgem probe on 08:00 - Mar 29 with 2057 viewsLord_Bony

This is what the energy companies try to keep hidden from us.

It is easy for us all to have FREE ENERGY!

Research yourselves.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

evening post article ofgem probe on 08:11 - Mar 29 with 2042 viewsShaky

evening post article ofgem probe on 08:00 - Mar 29 by Lord_Bony

This is what the energy companies try to keep hidden from us.

It is easy for us all to have FREE ENERGY!

Research yourselves.

Well I have done a lot of advisory work over the years for both power engineering companies and utilities, and have never heard anything remotely related to the suppression of free energy technologies.

However, that video of some rods and gears twirling around has instantly convinced me that a grand conspiracy must be the reason for that.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

evening post article ofgem probe on 08:12 - Mar 29 with 2041 viewsdgt73

We've been ripped off, that's old news and we will continued to be ripped off as long as the status quo remains. I.e cons/ lib dem/ labour in power.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024