Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When are we getting a bigger stadium 21:50 - Apr 4 with 6818 viewsjack_lord

Let's not beat around the bush.

When are we going to do something, anything to increase the size of the capacity.

Directors tell us what the plan is and stick to it.

Stop mugging us off and give us answers.

We will fail as a club if nothing is done.

(I was sick when I drove passed the back of CCS and saw the new stand increasing their capacity going up - and those feckers haven't been in the premier two minutes and are going back down).

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 10:16 - Apr 5 with 3670 viewsItchySphincter

Agree it does rankle a bit to seem them adding that new section. I think we're stuck with the Liberty as it is, at least from the outside. It was built without expansion in mind so the footprint is not likely to increase. More likely to build another stadium. Hopefully we'll take a look a Cardiff and Southampton and consider doing away with the concourse and the upper and lower tiers, that should add a good few thousand. Also find a way of utilising the whole stadium,as I believe the full seating capacity is 22,500, possibly a little more since they added a few seats around the pitch.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 10:25 - Apr 5 with 3656 viewsDDCH

It is something that divides opinions but as far as I am concerned we desperately need more seats.

I know before I was slated by some for suggesting that people want to sit together....but lots do. Also a lot of people will never be able to afford a season ticket, so we really need to have some sort of walk up capacity.

I know the demographic of the football fan has been changed and it is no longer seen by some as the working mans game, and capacity and lack of walk up is a contributing factor in my humble opinion. I know two brothers who I used to see on the North Bank as a youngster who are labourers. They get their money in cash at the end of the week by their boss and it's gone by the end of the weekend. If there was a walk up option then they may consider going to a game, but they will never save enough or get credit for a £500+ season ticket

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 11:14 - Apr 5 with 3611 viewsjacksinceever

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 10:25 - Apr 5 by DDCH

It is something that divides opinions but as far as I am concerned we desperately need more seats.

I know before I was slated by some for suggesting that people want to sit together....but lots do. Also a lot of people will never be able to afford a season ticket, so we really need to have some sort of walk up capacity.

I know the demographic of the football fan has been changed and it is no longer seen by some as the working mans game, and capacity and lack of walk up is a contributing factor in my humble opinion. I know two brothers who I used to see on the North Bank as a youngster who are labourers. They get their money in cash at the end of the week by their boss and it's gone by the end of the weekend. If there was a walk up option then they may consider going to a game, but they will never save enough or get credit for a £500+ season ticket

I know times are hard. I just don't buy this "I cant save to pay for ST"
If I couldn't afford it as a one-off but still wanted it I would open a savings account and put aside £10 a week from January. By October I'd have enough.

TBH lots of same people spend far more than £10 on booze, smoking, drugs, Sky, gambling whatever as is their right - just don't complain then that they can't budget for an ST !
It's the same as all those who panic a week before Christmas about the cost - it's not a f*****n surprise! Christmas happens every year
When are we getting a bigger stadium on 11:48 - Apr 5 with 3574 viewsDDCH

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 11:14 - Apr 5 by jacksinceever

If I couldn't afford it as a one-off but still wanted it I would open a savings account and put aside £10 a week from January. By October I'd have enough.

TBH lots of same people spend far more than £10 on booze, smoking, drugs, Sky, gambling whatever as is their right - just don't complain then that they can't budget for an ST !
It's the same as all those who panic a week before Christmas about the cost - it's not a f*****n surprise! Christmas happens every year

It's nice to have such self control. A lot of people don't.

As I said in my last post, a lot of fans who are people who don't get a monthly wedge transferred into their bank live by the day and rightly or wrongly will enjoy their hard earned cash on their days off. The ability to walk up and pay to watch the Swans may be attractive to them rather than giving it to Ladbrokes.

We are not all the same and don't earn the same money, so one mans view on £500 is a lot different to someone elses.

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 12:04 - Apr 5 with 3543 viewsmarchamjack

The bottom line is (as far as the board are concerend clearly it seems) is that we are not going to get a stadium expansion until (if) we are in a financial position where we can both decide to pay out £15 million or so in transfer fees AND be able to outlay that sort of money on a ground increase, in the same financial year.

One imapcacts the other (and by implication our possible PL survival) and that is basically it far as I can make out. Like it or not, that's where we are.

Course if we flogged off Michu for £20 million or the like then the situation might change overnight, but again, that's another possible price to pay to get the stadium expansion.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 12:11 - Apr 5 with 3527 viewsDDCH

Also we tend to look at it from a fans point of view. I would like to see us have a huge stadium with cheaper tickets. I am sure the directors are quite happy charging as much as they can per seat with no outlay.

I was once told by the partner of one of the directors that the people of Swansea think they own the club and it is a privately owned business. At the time I just assumed she was didn't understand the passion of the fan owners, but as time goes on I am thinking that attitude is a little more ingrained in the club than we all like to think.

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 13:13 - Apr 5 with 3464 viewsBrynmill_Jack

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 12:11 - Apr 5 by DDCH

Also we tend to look at it from a fans point of view. I would like to see us have a huge stadium with cheaper tickets. I am sure the directors are quite happy charging as much as they can per seat with no outlay.

I was once told by the partner of one of the directors that the people of Swansea think they own the club and it is a privately owned business. At the time I just assumed she was didn't understand the passion of the fan owners, but as time goes on I am thinking that attitude is a little more ingrained in the club than we all like to think.

Revolution time muthafukkas

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 14:07 - Apr 5 with 3402 viewsjacksinceever

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 11:48 - Apr 5 by DDCH

It's nice to have such self control. A lot of people don't.

As I said in my last post, a lot of fans who are people who don't get a monthly wedge transferred into their bank live by the day and rightly or wrongly will enjoy their hard earned cash on their days off. The ability to walk up and pay to watch the Swans may be attractive to them rather than giving it to Ladbrokes.

We are not all the same and don't earn the same money, so one mans view on £500 is a lot different to someone elses.

I 100% agree and £500 is a lot of money even in this day and age.
I was made redundant several years ago and suddenly after years of excellent wages, found myself with a big mortgage and several maxed-out credit cards.
After getting a job (not the one I would have chosen, but needed an income) I did what all the advisors say. I did away with all unnecessary niceties we were paying for, paid off all my CC bills ASAP, then got a mortgage that allowed me to make overpayments and got that paid off ASAP.
Since then I have made sure I have a decent amount in savings for a rainy day.
The lesson of self-control came as a rude awakening for me, but it could have been a lot worse had I lost my house, etc.
So I value the fact that I can buy my ST without worrying, but certainly I never take it for granted
Login to get fewer ads

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 14:27 - Apr 5 with 3367 viewsRancid

DDCH spot on here imo.
When are we getting a bigger stadium on 00:47 - Apr 6 with 3269 viewsjack_lord

A lot of decent points above but why are the club burying their heads in the sand?

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 09:16 - Apr 6 with 3181 viewsEdmundo

Maybe the outlay is too big against the need to buy the odd player of the ilk of Bony.

Maybe the only increase possible now is using the concourse.
That'll probably take us to 23000 ish anyway, whilst planning for a major costly change (5-10M).

I,m dissapointed we haven't moved quicker to sort this out.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 09:20 - Apr 6 with 3169 viewsJackfath

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 09:16 - Apr 6 by Edmundo

Maybe the outlay is too big against the need to buy the odd player of the ilk of Bony.

Maybe the only increase possible now is using the concourse.
That'll probably take us to 23000 ish anyway, whilst planning for a major costly change (5-10M).

I,m dissapointed we haven't moved quicker to sort this out.

As I have said fro the start, the concourse makes no sense whatsoever. A complete waste of space in side the stadium. Fill it as much as is possible with seats.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 09:34 - Apr 6 with 3147 viewsexiledclaseboy

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 09:20 - Apr 6 by Jackfath

As I have said fro the start, the concourse makes no sense whatsoever. A complete waste of space in side the stadium. Fill it as much as is possible with seats.

If we did that where would people stand to watch the last five minutes of games?

Poll: Tory leader

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 09:35 - Apr 6 with 3143 viewsJackfath

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 09:34 - Apr 6 by exiledclaseboy

If we did that where would people stand to watch the last five minutes of games?

I catch your drift man.

Many problems solved with smaller expense.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 3025 viewsGixerJack

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 11:14 - Apr 5 by jacksinceever

Kids, mortgage, car, poll tax, water rates etc.. I know what you mean people like me just waste all their cash... Anyway to my point, I've followed the Swans for years but due to my job have never been able to go to all the games but have always been able to get tickets to the games I could go to until we got to the PL, by which time my son had started to come with me.

The problem? Trying to get two tickets sitting together, and I know lots of dads who would take their sons to a few games a season but like me wouldn't even consider sending a child to sit on his own amongst total strangers.

At the beginning of this season I had a bit of a rant with a woman in the ticket office who couldn't understand that the reason I didn't have more points was because I couldn't get tickets the season before because they were sold out.. Only to be told the only two games that were sold out the year before was the two manc sides which really didn't make things better.

Anyway managed to get a season ticket now so it's no longer a problem for me but I still think that as a club we're losing future supporters because dads aren't able to introduce the kids when they're at the right age.

Rant over....
When are we getting a bigger stadium on 14:38 - Apr 6 with 3003 viewsNOTRAC

An extra 5000 seats would bring in income of about £150,000 per game ,or about £3m a season.The cost of the extension would probably be about £20m.
It would take us therefore about six years to get our money back, and that is if we continue to fill the stadium and remain in the Premiership.
Not an easy decision therefore from a financial viewpoint.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 17:45 - Apr 6 with 2915 viewsStarsky

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 14:38 - Apr 6 by NOTRAC

An extra 5000 seats would bring in income of about £150,000 per game ,or about £3m a season.The cost of the extension would probably be about £20m.
It would take us therefore about six years to get our money back, and that is if we continue to fill the stadium and remain in the Premiership.

I don't think stadium expansion will ever be about financial payback.
The gate money is miniscule compared to the Sky money.
It's about continuing to grow as a club, to increase the younger fanbase etc.
It's somrthing that the likes of Jacksinceforever (sic) will never understand. They are too insular.

It's just the internet, init.

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 18:03 - Apr 6 with 2873 viewsjohnlangy

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 14:38 - Apr 6 by NOTRAC

The first phase extension will cost something like £8 m (HJ is quoted as saying that extending 3 sides would be about £15 m) so it would take maybe 3 years to be repaid.
When are we getting a bigger stadium on 18:09 - Apr 6 with 2854 viewsDDCH

The stadia improvement should not be measured in a 'how quick can we recoup that cost' way. The expansion is there to ensure we have enough capacity for our hopefully ever increasing fan base.

It's the McDonalds model......get them as children, have them for life.

I know it is very easy for the blinkers to be focused on the huge PL TV cheques, but if the shit hits the fan, it will be the fanbase chucking coins in a bucket and having events to raise money for the club.

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 18:11 - Apr 6 with 2850 viewsEdmundo

Yeh fath, and stop people leaving their seats early, for the sharp exit for morriston

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 18:38 - Apr 6 with 2813 viewsjack_lord

As has been said, the first phase will cost approximately 7 million or less. The club as an entity in the competitive sense cannot afford not to go ahead quickly. We have to compete with all the top flight teams for a relatively small group of quality players. The demands of these men and not just financed by TV deals as the wages increase with the deals. Clubs have to have money and as we will see this season, every position below our finish last year is 800k less for next season. As the other clubs have more revenue coming in through the gates we are struggling to match other teams offers and of course missing the very important generation gap. It would be tragic that some fans could end up watching that crap up the road as they can get tickets and get "hooked".
Please speak up Swansea City.

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 18:58 - Apr 6 with 2767 viewsjohnlangy

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 18:09 - Apr 6 by DDCH

The stadia improvement should not be measured in a 'how quick can we recoup that cost' way. The expansion is there to ensure we have enough capacity for our hopefully ever increasing fan base.

It's the McDonalds model......get them as children, have them for life.

I know it is very easy for the blinkers to be focused on the huge PL TV cheques, but if the shit hits the fan, it will be the fanbase chucking coins in a bucket and having events to raise money for the club.

Exactly. If one youngster becomes a real supporter ie supports for the rest of their life they will spend maybe £30,000 on season tickets over that time (60 * £500 at todays prices). Catch 1000 and that's £30 m easily making the investment in extending worthwhile.

But they'll only be converted if they can get tickets.
When are we getting a bigger stadium on 19:20 - Apr 6 with 2748 viewsWxmJax

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 18:58 - Apr 6 by johnlangy

Exactly. If one youngster becomes a real supporter ie supports for the rest of their life they will spend maybe £30,000 on season tickets over that time (60 * £500 at todays prices). Catch 1000 and that's £30 m easily making the investment in extending worthwhile.

But they'll only be converted if they can get tickets.

60 years ? really ? I don't think so.

There is an argument for extending one side of the ground by around 5,000 but I would leave it at that. I don't believe the fan base is that big. If the ground continues to sell out then look at further expansion.
Cardiff had that many blue seats empty yesterday that at first I thought they were fans objecting to Tan. One of their most important games of the season and they still cannot get the support and will be lumbered with a lot of empty seats next season.
There were also a lot of empties at The Etihad as well and they're going for the title. The Man City site says it was a sell out but all those vacant blue seats beg to differ, unless they are reserved for students in Salford and Manchester and weren't taken up. Both clubs are expanding their grounds though.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 19:25 - Apr 6 with 2738 viewsPhil_S

The reason the club ism't proceeding with the expansion is due to the travel plan. Until all the red tape is crossed on that front then there will be no stadium expansion

if only people had the foresight to build a stadium that had easy processes to expand
When are we getting a bigger stadium on 19:47 - Apr 6 with 2700 viewsBrynmill_Jack

When are we getting a bigger stadium on 19:25 - Apr 6 by Phil_S

The reason the club ism't proceeding with the expansion is due to the travel plan. Until all the red tape is crossed on that front then there will be no stadium expansion

if only people had the foresight to build a stadium that had easy processes to expand

And I expect the travel plans have hit gridlock, eh ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024