Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season 14:49 - Apr 7 with 7241 viewsJokeren1943

The effect of sacking you manager in Premier League this season (so far)

[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 14:51]
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:51 - Apr 8 with 1570 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 09:03 - Apr 8 by JackSomething

In summation: They shouldn't have sacked the man I love.

Really? Not asking someone to justify something they present as blind fact? That is a mighty big carpet you are sweeping everything under.

You seemed to have missed the following key points
- Why did we even embark on this season at all with Laudrup if relationships were bad
- Why not wait to the end of the season
- Of course it is the Boards decision but they should resolve issues in a timely manner and execute their decisions with forethought and professionalism
- They should also not be gambling with the future of our PL club at a critical time by bringing in an unqualified and massively inexperienced manager

So perhaps better summarised as the board should be acting with professionalism, not be p1ssing milliions up the wall with kneejerk reactions to situations they have allowed to fester and should bring in suitable management as it is essential to the teams ongoing development.

As you well know these are reasonable questions of the Board which many share
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:55 - Apr 8 with 1562 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:51 - Apr 8 by Joe_bradshaw

Scooby Doo?

From what I recall he definitely had his bitches
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:56 - Apr 8 with 1559 viewsDarran

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:51 - Apr 8 by Spratty

Really? Not asking someone to justify something they present as blind fact? That is a mighty big carpet you are sweeping everything under.

- Why did we even embark on this season at all with Laudrup if relationships were bad
- Of course it is the Boards decision but they should resolve issues in a timely manner and execute their decisions with forethought and professionalism
- They should also not be gambling with the future of our PL club at a critical time by bringing in an unqualified and massively inexperienced manager

So perhaps better summarised as the board should be acting with professionalism, not be p1ssing milliions up the wall with kneejerk reactions to situations they have allowed to fester and should bring in suitable management as it is essential to the teams ongoing development.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:00 - Apr 8 with 1552 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:56 - Apr 8 by Darran

Move on Darran he is gone and not coming back.

It is good you loved him though, many others did too they used to sing about it

The important thing is we move forward and learn from our mistakes, rather that covering them up.
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:17 - Apr 8 with 1532 viewsmikl0s

It's sad when mods try to derail an otherwise rational discussion because the facts doesn't fit their world view.

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:17 - Apr 8 with 1529 viewsDarran

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:17 - Apr 8 by mikl0s

It's sad when mods try to derail an otherwise rational discussion because the facts doesn't fit their world view.

Who did that then?

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:18 - Apr 8 with 1528 viewsJackSomething

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:51 - Apr 8 by Spratty

Your key points:

1 - Perhaps the situation wasn't that bad when the season started? A lot can happen in 6 months after all.

2 - I would imagine because, rightly or wrongly, the board felt we could get relegated if they didn't make a change. Not acting in that case would be a greater failure.

3 - Sounds lovely, but doesn't happen a lot in real life. Look at the manager situations just this season at Cardiff, Fulham and Spurs. They hardly smack of professionalism and forethought.

4 - Your opinion. It doesn't really matter to anyone except yourself. If the people in charge of running our club thought Monk was more likely to keep us up than Laudrup, then that's all that matters.

For what it's worth, I don't think we were going to get relegated under ML, but performances (if not results) have certainly improved since the change of manager. I'm not convinced at all that Monk should be in charge next season or that he was the right man to replace Laudrup, but it seems obvious to me that ML wasn't willing/able to motivate this team any longer and had to go.

Let's be fair Spratty, you're about as far from objective on this issue as it's possible to be. I certainly am not in the camp that believe we should blindly back the board in every decision they make and they need to improve in some areas, but you're so far in Laudrup's corner that it's almost a parody.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:19 - Apr 8 with 1521 viewsJackSomething

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:17 - Apr 8 by mikl0s

If you're talking about Darran's post, he merely copied what I had already posted (in jest) and I'm certainly not a mod.

It's more sad when people are so set in their views on a subject/person that they can't be rational about it/them.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:27 - Apr 8 with 1505 viewswaynekerr55

As said a million and one times, as soon as his agent started kicking off we should have found a replacement.

An agent does not act for his employee without direction, anyone who thinks otherwise is naive/ignorant/high on crystal meth (delete as appropriate).

Neither side has come out of this with any dignity or professionalism. Let's hope both parties learn from this, although I shant hold my breath given the relative ego's of both

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:31 - Apr 8 with 1501 viewsDarran

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:19 - Apr 8 by JackSomething

If you're talking about Darran's post, he merely copied what I had already posted (in jest) and I'm certainly not a mod.

It's more sad when people are so set in their views on a subject/person that they can't be rational about it/them.

Plus the fact he's not a Swans fan just a whinging Dane.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:37 - Apr 8 with 1489 viewswaynekerr55

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:31 - Apr 8 by Darran

Plus the fact he's not a Swans fan just a whinging Dane.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:44 - Apr 8 with 1479 viewsmikl0s

Then you are a complete mug Darran :)
[Post edited 8 Apr 2014 11:44]

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:49 - Apr 8 with 1472 viewsItchySphincter

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:27 - Apr 8 by waynekerr55

As said a million and one times, as soon as his agent started kicking off we should have found a replacement.

An agent does not act for his employee without direction, anyone who thinks otherwise is naive/ignorant/high on crystal meth (delete as appropriate).

Neither side has come out of this with any dignity or professionalism. Let's hope both parties learn from this, although I shant hold my breath given the relative ego's of both

I agree. Easy in hindsight but it did cross my mind back in the summer why we persevered when the jungle drums were talking about the likes of Barca and Real and the whole agent situation. Obviously absurd as he has done nothing to prove he is cut out for that level, in fact probably the opposite and it seemed that he had given us the obligatory two thirds of a season that seems to be his signature before it all goes a bit Pete Tong.

I just wish Spurs would have a look at him as he obviously loves them due to his reluctance to put a side out to compete against them. Maybe they can take him and Sproutty off our hands.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:03 - Apr 8 with 1404 viewsShaky

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 11:18 - Apr 8 by JackSomething

Your key points:

1 - Perhaps the situation wasn't that bad when the season started? A lot can happen in 6 months after all.

2 - I would imagine because, rightly or wrongly, the board felt we could get relegated if they didn't make a change. Not acting in that case would be a greater failure.

3 - Sounds lovely, but doesn't happen a lot in real life. Look at the manager situations just this season at Cardiff, Fulham and Spurs. They hardly smack of professionalism and forethought.

4 - Your opinion. It doesn't really matter to anyone except yourself. If the people in charge of running our club thought Monk was more likely to keep us up than Laudrup, then that's all that matters.

For what it's worth, I don't think we were going to get relegated under ML, but performances (if not results) have certainly improved since the change of manager. I'm not convinced at all that Monk should be in charge next season or that he was the right man to replace Laudrup, but it seems obvious to me that ML wasn't willing/able to motivate this team any longer and had to go.

Let's be fair Spratty, you're about as far from objective on this issue as it's possible to be. I certainly am not in the camp that believe we should blindly back the board in every decision they make and they need to improve in some areas, but you're so far in Laudrup's corner that it's almost a parody.

I'll grant you there is some truth to the claim that performances have improved following Laudrup's sacking, but I think it is at least equally plausible this has been due to the injury list substantially clearing up and considerably fewer fixtures following our ignoble exit from a couple of cup competitions, rather than any Monk affect.

In my view people also completely fail to grasp that getting the large influx of new personnel this year to gel is something that takes time, especially when integrating a new star striker.

However, the point I want to make is this; in my view sacking Laudrup was a highly questionable decision but it was at least debatable. Something that reasonable people can disagree on.

But appointing Monk was objectively speaking f* cking nuts, given widespread jitters about prem survival and his total lack of any experience whatsoever -- Sheer madness as far as I can see.

Now a a substantial number of people are espousing the view that it's time to move on and back the club, which is all very well but I believe people should be held accountable for their actions where possible, and looking at the major decisions I have witnessed during the relatively brief time I have supported Swansea I am not impressed.

Sponsorship deal last summer - Cock-up
Stadium expansion - fail
Ki recall terms - farcical and embarrassing
Ticketing blunder - numerous
Manager appointment - WTF?

Can anybody think of anything positive off-field that has been achieved in the last 18 months? Anybody?

Clearly the board has done a lot for the club since they took control, but as a quid pro quo do people really propose to allow them unlimited leeway in cocking up without starting to ask hard questions?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:26 - Apr 8 with 1380 viewsDarran

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:03 - Apr 8 by Shaky

I'll grant you there is some truth to the claim that performances have improved following Laudrup's sacking, but I think it is at least equally plausible this has been due to the injury list substantially clearing up and considerably fewer fixtures following our ignoble exit from a couple of cup competitions, rather than any Monk affect.

In my view people also completely fail to grasp that getting the large influx of new personnel this year to gel is something that takes time, especially when integrating a new star striker.

However, the point I want to make is this; in my view sacking Laudrup was a highly questionable decision but it was at least debatable. Something that reasonable people can disagree on.

But appointing Monk was objectively speaking f* cking nuts, given widespread jitters about prem survival and his total lack of any experience whatsoever -- Sheer madness as far as I can see.

Now a a substantial number of people are espousing the view that it's time to move on and back the club, which is all very well but I believe people should be held accountable for their actions where possible, and looking at the major decisions I have witnessed during the relatively brief time I have supported Swansea I am not impressed.

Stadium expansion - fail

Can anybody think of anything positive off-field that has been achieved in the last 18 months? Anybody?

Clearly the board has done a lot for the club since they took control, but as a quid pro quo do people really propose to allow them unlimited leeway in cocking up without starting to ask hard questions?

Are you a member of the Trust?

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:47 - Apr 8 with 1166 viewsShaky

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:26 - Apr 8 by Darran

Are you a member of the Trust?

You have asked me that before, Darran. The answer is still no ;-)

Misology -- It's a bitch

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:51 - Apr 8 with 1161 viewsDarran

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:47 - Apr 8 by Shaky

You have asked me that before, Darran. The answer is still no ;-)

And you don't go to games either.

Strange it's just that I've noticed over the last month or so the people with the most to say ( apart from Sprout) rarely set foot inside the Liberty.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 19:02 - Apr 8 with 1152 viewsShaky

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:51 - Apr 8 by Darran

And you don't go to games either.

Strange it's just that I've noticed over the last month or so the people with the most to say ( apart from Sprout) rarely set foot inside the Liberty.

A little detachment almost always allows you to see things more clearly.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 19:04 - Apr 8 with 1147 viewsDrizzle

That must mean you can see reality extremely clearly.
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 19:07 - Apr 8 with 1141 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm starting to know how Phil Connors of Punxsutawney felt.

Poll: Tory leader

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 19:11 - Apr 8 with 1134 viewsDarran

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 19:07 - Apr 8 by exiledclaseboy

I'm starting to know how Phil Connors of Punxsutawney felt.

Laudhog Day.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 19:17 - Apr 8 with 1122 viewswaynekerr55

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 18:03 - Apr 8 by Shaky

Stadium expansion - fail

You forgot to add that the club made "8 out of 10 cats" as they were selling out of date pate in the first year of the PL

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 20:00 - Apr 8 with 1105 viewsUxbridge

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 19:17 - Apr 8 by waynekerr55

You forgot to add that the club made "8 out of 10 cats" as they were selling out of date pate in the first year of the PL

How did I miss this? Brilliant!

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 20:06 - Apr 8 with 1103 viewswaynekerr55

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 20:00 - Apr 8 by Uxbridge

How did I miss this? Brilliant!

It was a while back. Jon Richardson did a cracking Welsh accent

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 02:54 - Apr 9 with 1048 viewsCatullus

So the club allowed the situation to fester? Spratty, are you saying we should've sacked Laudrup sooner?
And being pragmatic, our performances were getting worse and our manager kept talking us down. I'd long since had enough of his negativity.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024