Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
so who are we going to buy for next season 19:48 - Apr 26 with 6612 viewslibertine

we've save a fortune this year now we must spend.

so who within our price range.

snodgrass
caulker
emnes
borrinni
sidwell

so what must chico be thinking???

so who are we going to buy for next season on 19:50 - Apr 26 with 4289 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Out of all the above, I'd take Caulker and that is it. The rest are not worth the fees in transfer and wages they'd command.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 19:52 - Apr 26 with 4262 viewseddie71

so who are we going to buy for next season on 19:50 - Apr 26 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Out of all the above, I'd take Caulker and that is it. The rest are not worth the fees in transfer and wages they'd command.

I would not have thought Snodgrass wages would be excessive and I think he would offer a lot, I agree on the others.
so who are we going to buy for next season on 19:52 - Apr 26 with 4258 viewsJackoBoostardo

Sure we've already covered this like 5 times.... but I notice you're missing Marshall from your list as he'd be top of mine.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 19:53 - Apr 26 with 4250 viewsTheFranchise

Not sure where we saved a fortune, £12m for Bony and paying Laudrup off.

Caulker is off to Liverpool and apparently Allen is looking to return.
so who are we going to buy for next season on 19:59 - Apr 26 with 4186 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

so who are we going to buy for next season on 19:53 - Apr 26 by TheFranchise

I would welcome Allen back if he is a replacement for Ki.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:02 - Apr 26 with 4168 viewsJackoBoostardo

Liverpool may be happy to get rid of Fabio Borini and I for one would take him. Sell Ki. Job done.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:08 - Apr 26 with 4131 viewsfishman

so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:02 - Apr 26 by JackoBoostardo

Liverpool may be happy to get rid of Fabio Borini and I for one would take him. Sell Ki. Job done.

Suarez for a back up to Wilf
David Silva,Leons not getting any younger
Messi ,for filling in the no 10 role ,when Pablos hammy goes again.
No use going for to many other "fringe" players,
Think that should see us another season ,then we can really push on after that
so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:44 - Apr 26 with 4005 viewslibertine

allen is a much better player now not so much backpass but 15mil would it be a bargain back this way.

we're in the top 50 richest clubs in the world, well thats what the post says

plenty of money don't worry about that one, don't believe the hype
Login to get fewer ads

so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:51 - Apr 26 with 3968 viewskopperburgjack

Caulker and Marshall. And spend the rest on Bonys wages to make sure he stays lol

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:54 - Apr 26 with 3953 viewsoldcob

so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:02 - Apr 26 by JackoBoostardo

Not so sure about Fabio even though he played well for us in the Championship. We had him because he couldn't make it with Chelsea, he left us for Italy and was promptly loaned out again. Liverpool signed him then loaned him to a poor Sunderland side, and he hasn't been an automatic choice for them. He was great for us in our promotion year and outstanding at Wembley so have a little bit of a soft spot for him, but I do wonder.
so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:56 - Apr 26 with 3941 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

A new centre-half is a must, 2 if Ash goes. Not convinced Amat has the physicality to establish himself in the Prem as a regular starter and Chico is, well, Chico.

I'd have Caulker off the scum, or someone of a similar type - strong, good in the air.

A new right-back to challenge Rangel.

A new striker

A new winger.

Those are the priorities for me, other targets would depend on who goes. Vorm's future as automatic number 1 should be questioned as well, not sure he earns his place (and money...) as much as he did when he first arrived.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:57 - Apr 26 with 3935 viewsoldcob

Can Amat play right back?
so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:58 - Apr 26 with 3928 viewsLeonisGod

so who are we going to buy for next season on 19:52 - Apr 26 by eddie71

I would not have thought Snodgrass wages would be excessive and I think he would offer a lot, I agree on the others.

Ditto. If we were linked before, then chances are we'd still be after him. He's a decent player and would add a terrier-like quality (Leon-esque) that we could do with given that our wide men can be a bunch of pansies. Hardly a world beater but he has been a stand-put perfomer for Norwich and we often seem to get more out of players than other teams. So I'd be ok wit him coming here.

I'd like to see us tie down JdG. Anything else is a bonus then. But it all depends who leaves.
so who are we going to buy for next season on 21:08 - Apr 26 with 3898 viewsSwansea93

I would like to see Bartley given a chance, looked good on loan with Birmingham, big and strong.

Vorms position is questionable I would like to see John Ruddy/Fraser Forster for a new keeper to challenge.

A new Right back, Rangel is a good servent for us but I feel this season he has shown that he is slowly declining, losing pace and getting caught out to often.

Canas & Pozuelo, what has happened? These two look like they may well be heading for the exit, with KI to come back I see no position to keep Canas here.

A new winger I think is what we need, Routledge and Dyer are good players no question about it, but I feel we lack that winger who has a good shot and cross, which I feel Dyer and Routledge lack, a Adam Johnson is someone I would like to see down here or maybe Victor Moses.

A decent back up striker is needed, Lita,Ngog and Vasquez will all be gone at the seasons end, although I can Emnes getting a contract he just seems to suit our style nicely, I wluldnt mind us getting Federico Macheda in next season.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 21:43 - Apr 26 with 3808 viewsKennedy

No to Macheda

Macheda is Chico with shit loads of money

Just call me JFK

so who are we going to buy for next season on 21:51 - Apr 26 with 3774 viewsJackoBoostardo

so who are we going to buy for next season on 20:54 - Apr 26 by oldcob

Not so sure about Fabio even though he played well for us in the Championship. We had him because he couldn't make it with Chelsea, he left us for Italy and was promptly loaned out again. Liverpool signed him then loaned him to a poor Sunderland side, and he hasn't been an automatic choice for them. He was great for us in our promotion year and outstanding at Wembley so have a little bit of a soft spot for him, but I do wonder.

That argument could be used for Shelvey and Routledge too - not considered good enough for their parent clubs, they are thriving under Swansea.

so who are we going to buy for next season on 22:07 - Apr 26 with 3750 viewslittleleon

so who are we going to buy for next season on 21:51 - Apr 26 by JackoBoostardo

That argument could be used for Shelvey and Routledge too - not considered good enough for their parent clubs, they are thriving under Swansea.

Needed -
2 x strikers(1 to compete with Bony and cover him during African cup of nations and maybe a younger/different type as an alternative/2nd striker when needed) Borini & 1?
1 x Right Back
1 x Centre back(Caulker?)
1 x Winger(Snodgrass?)

Keep Ki, Ash, Vorm and most of current squad!
Get rid of - Canas, Poz, Loanees, Lita, Tiendalli

Poll: If we can’t get a quality striker in January- would you sign Bony until summer?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 22:09 - Apr 26 with 3736 viewsC_jack

Nobody that will upset the apple-cart.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 22:18 - Apr 26 with 3705 viewsJackTheLad

David Marshall
Sam Byram
Mark Davies
JDG
(Ki will be like a new signing)
Jordan Rhodes
A winger on loan - Job done.

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 22:45 - Apr 26 with 3656 viewsDexterMorgan

Here's my mixed bag of possible purchases/loans:-

Alex McArthy
Fraser Forster
Anders Lindergaard
Joel Ward
Kieran Trippier
Virgil Van Dijk
Jack Cork
Emyr Huws
Nick Powell (loan)
Ryan Gauld
Victor Moses (loan)
Serge Gnabry (loan)
Gylfi Sigurdsson (loan)
Fabio Borini (loan)
Andros Townsend (loan)
Robert Snodgrass

I'd be happy with any 5/6 from that bunch as well as keeping Ki, Emnes & De Guzman.
so who are we going to buy for next season on 22:47 - Apr 26 with 3644 viewsTom1912

We haven't saved a fortune. We spent a decent amount on transfers last summer, wages have gone up and there's been a huge investment in training facilities. And we also need to be planning for a stadium expansion.

We'll have some cash available in the summer, but I don't think we'll spend as much as last year.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2014 22:48]
so who are we going to buy for next season on 22:51 - Apr 26 with 3629 viewsJackfath

Alfred Finnbogason

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

so who are we going to buy for next season on 22:52 - Apr 26 with 3629 viewslatchford

Johnnie Williams from palarse to replace Leon eventually?
so who are we going to buy for next season on 23:00 - Apr 26 with 3615 viewsnyc_swans

so who are we going to buy for next season on 22:51 - Apr 26 by Jackfath

Alfred Finnbogason

great shout.

i'm hoping we end up with players who aren't the same ones that pop up in these threads every week.

it won't happen, but i'd love to see michael bradley from fc toronto. he was very good at roma before going back to the us. he'd be ideal in leon's role.
so who are we going to buy for next season on 23:29 - Apr 26 with 3557 viewsswanduck

Paulinho as a back up for Bony/cover during the African Cup. He's scored a lot for Livorno and they're probably getting relegated this season so might be interested

Van Ginkel on loan would be good, not sure if he is out of favour at Chelsea or just not been fit

Hugo Mallo to replace/challenge Rangel

Think a striker is the most important player we need as we will be without Bony for at least a month next season.

Can't think of any more specifically but think the La Liga is where we can find the best value.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024