Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy 14:41 - May 16 with 3417 viewsSweyns_Eye

Apologies if a Ferdy but:

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/dave-adams-appointment-1554980.aspx

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:46 - May 16 with 2306 viewsTheFranchise

This guy is a big loss to the FAW's coach education system.
New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:48 - May 16 with 2299 viewsUxbridge

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:46 - May 16 by TheFranchise

This guy is a big loss to the FAW's coach education system.

Good news for Swans?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:50 - May 16 with 2283 viewswaynekerr55

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:48 - May 16 by Uxbridge

Good news for Swans?

If he's given the full backing to do the job you'd think so.

First job - ensure a coherent structure to coaching which does not involve pretty coloured cones and coach centred practices which bear no resemblance to the game

Second job - not to have players running around on 3 cliffs bay and use the fantastic facilities for football specific practice.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:52 - May 16 with 2263 viewsUxbridge

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:50 - May 16 by waynekerr55

If he's given the full backing to do the job you'd think so.

First job - ensure a coherent structure to coaching which does not involve pretty coloured cones and coach centred practices which bear no resemblance to the game

Second job - not to have players running around on 3 cliffs bay and use the fantastic facilities for football specific practice.

Do you doubt the former?

If we're going after Cat 1 status then it makes a lot of sense to hire someone who knows the detail of what it'll take to get there.

Know nothing of this chap though, so would be good to get some thoughts on his suitability.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:55 - May 16 with 2252 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Who's the academy manager Nigel Rees ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:56 - May 16 with 2251 viewswaynekerr55

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:52 - May 16 by Uxbridge

Do you doubt the former?

If we're going after Cat 1 status then it makes a lot of sense to hire someone who knows the detail of what it'll take to get there.

Know nothing of this chap though, so would be good to get some thoughts on his suitability.

It's a difficult one. The problem is as Swansea is a small place people generally know board members/rank and file at the club. This leads to problems when the blue eyed boy doesn't meet the standards.

I know he's highly thought of. He did fail one of my colleagues on his 1st assessment for his A licence and couldn't explain the reasons why when challenged

Interesting times. I know that he'll have a job on his hands changing the coaching culture, but that's not a problem unique to our club. Academy coaching is a crock of sh*t most places. Pay peanuts - get monkeys

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:58 - May 16 with 2238 viewsStarsky

I am excited about this appointment.

Sounds like were Premier league in youth development... at last.

It's just the internet, init.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:59 - May 16 with 2226 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:58 - May 16 by Starsky

I am excited about this appointment.

Sounds like were Premier league in youth development... at last.

Not yet. Not until we are successfully running a Category 1 academy.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:02 - May 16 with 2205 viewsStarsky

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:59 - May 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not yet. Not until we are successfully running a Category 1 academy.

Won't be long. Then we can use Cardiff as a feeder club.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:14 - May 16 with 2160 viewsUxbridge

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:56 - May 16 by waynekerr55

It's a difficult one. The problem is as Swansea is a small place people generally know board members/rank and file at the club. This leads to problems when the blue eyed boy doesn't meet the standards.

I know he's highly thought of. He did fail one of my colleagues on his 1st assessment for his A licence and couldn't explain the reasons why when challenged

Interesting times. I know that he'll have a job on his hands changing the coaching culture, but that's not a problem unique to our club. Academy coaching is a crock of sh*t most places. Pay peanuts - get monkeys

Isn't that more an issue of making sure the processes he implements are followed rather than implementing the processes themselves?

The clubs seems to be starting to put together a cabal of well-qualified and highly thought of young coaches down there. Good to see.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:29 - May 16 with 2105 viewsDarran

What Nigel Rees is that mentioned?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:31 - May 16 with 2086 viewsStarsky

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:29 - May 16 by Darran

That would make more sense with a comma, Darran.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:33 - May 16 with 2080 viewsDarran

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:31 - May 16 by Starsky

That would make more sense with a comma, Darran.

Who are you the grammar police?

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:34 - May 16 with 2062 viewsC_jack

Great appointment and fully deserved. Man knows his onions.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:34 - May 16 with 2064 viewsStarsky

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:33 - May 16 by Darran

Who are you the grammar police?

I'm one of a select team of grammar mods. I report to Warwick.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:36 - May 16 with 2053 viewsLiberty

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 14:55 - May 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

Who's the academy manager Nigel Rees ?

Jackfath probably know him, was a headmaster and local football coach until he took this on full time.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 17:49 - May 16 with 1845 viewsLM10

Great appointment, this guy was the youngest pro licence holder in wales and by far the best coach I've had the pleasure to work with.

If anyone has any doubts about our ambition for the academy, then this reiterates how far we want to go. Quality coach

Old JA.net user.... Back to see what the fuss is! Once a Jack..Always a jack

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 17:52 - May 16 with 1834 viewsUxbridge

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 17:49 - May 16 by LM10

Great appointment, this guy was the youngest pro licence holder in wales and by far the best coach I've had the pleasure to work with.

If anyone has any doubts about our ambition for the academy, then this reiterates how far we want to go. Quality coach

This is the sort of thing I wanted to see. First hand experience of the man. Good stuff.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:35 - May 16 with 1739 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 15:29 - May 16 by Darran

Is that my old manager Darran?

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:37 - May 16 with 1733 viewsDarran

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:35 - May 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

Is that my old manager Darran?

I don't know Spiderman that's what I wondered.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:39 - May 16 with 1726 viewsDevz00

"At the moment we are governed by a 90-minute rule, whereas Category One clubs can recruit from anywhere"

We can't have anyone in our academy that lives more than 90 minutes away?

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:40 - May 16 with 1722 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:37 - May 16 by Darran

I don't know Spiderman that's what I wondered.

He's been coaching down there a bit , maybe !

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:45 - May 16 with 1701 viewsDarran

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:40 - May 16 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's been coaching down there a bit , maybe !

Maybe,nice man.

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:47 - May 16 with 1690 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:45 - May 16 by Darran

Maybe,nice man.

Indeed ,cracking guy .
I'll find out

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:49 - May 16 with 1683 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New Head of Coaching Appointed at the Academy on 18:45 - May 16 by Darran

Maybe,nice man.

Nah it's not him .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024