Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio - Not WC 22:50 - Jun 23 with 18619 viewsIrishR

Its the Mail but looks like it could be happening. If its a massive wage drop like it says then its not a bad signing i think but would like to hear the actual wage first. Thoughts?

This line doesnt scream hungry however :(

‘He told me the couple of years he had at Chelsea were some of the most enjoyable of his career because there wasn’t at that time the pressure of trying to win trophies.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2666339/EXCLUSIVE-Rio-Ferdinan
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Rio - Not WC on 09:59 - Jun 24 with 2009 viewsDiscodroid

come september, when rio's back is finally put out of its misery ,we will have to find him a role in the community of vibrant young talent in acton, .shepherds bush etc etc among the congolese/afghan/chad/somalian community.

pay him 90 grand a week to reach out to the estranged youth too play a game of soccer in front of that gormless cu nt dan walker on football focus once a year.
i can just see it know.

"and now down to loftus road where a recently retired from playing rio ferdinand has been commissioned by qpr to team up with jason roberts and paul elliot to launch an extraordinary urban initiative to find the first premiership player from eirtrea among the post gangs of hounslow".
[Post edited 24 Jun 2014 10:00]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Rio - Not WC on 10:05 - Jun 24 with 1992 viewsIrishR

Dont see what all the negativity is about. Last year our two long term signings were Austin and Phillips both young.

Rio is old and a short term solution but will bring experience to the team and leadership we will lose in Hill on the pitch. There is a long way to go in the transfer window and we are apparently looking at Ince, Augrier, Bryson etc who are not over the hill and ones for the future. Keep calm and get behind them.
Rio - Not WC on 10:08 - Jun 24 with 1980 viewstoboboly

Rio - Not WC on 10:05 - Jun 24 by IrishR

Dont see what all the negativity is about. Last year our two long term signings were Austin and Phillips both young.

Rio is old and a short term solution but will bring experience to the team and leadership we will lose in Hill on the pitch. There is a long way to go in the transfer window and we are apparently looking at Ince, Augrier, Bryson etc who are not over the hill and ones for the future. Keep calm and get behind them.

If we are considering playing Dunne and Ferdinand at the back we will be in trouble.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rio - Not WC on 10:21 - Jun 24 with 1929 viewsrosseeles

If its a 1 year deal not on silly money ive no issue with it, no transfer fee, so who could we get for free thats better?
Rio - Not WC on 10:21 - Jun 24 with 1928 viewspaulparker

at least it adds more spice to the Chelsea Game
then again 2 weeks of are they gonna shake hands etc will most likely drive me to Lunacy

in pure QPR tradition he will pull his back in the 1st game and thus wont play 10 games all season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rio - Not WC on 10:24 - Jun 24 with 1909 viewsconnell10

GOD HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!! HAVE WE LEARNT NOTHING????? NO MORE FOCKING OLD HAS BEENS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Rio - Not WC on 10:26 - Jun 24 with 1902 viewsElHoop

Rio - Not WC on 10:08 - Jun 24 by toboboly

If we are considering playing Dunne and Ferdinand at the back we will be in trouble.

It must be 33/1 that they'll be fit at the same time for more than 10 games a season. I wouldn't want them playing together though. But to have one of them fit at any point in time must surely be an advantage in the Premier League? They could both end up injured, yes it's a gamble, but what's the alternative?
Rio - Not WC on 10:35 - Jun 24 with 1870 viewsTHEBUSH

Whoever signs for us, they get my support until, they don't try, slag us off, turn up piss ed for training, etc,, etc..

Anyway, we need Rio, to bring our younger centre backs along, i.e. Dunne & Clint
Login to get fewer ads

Rio - Not WC on 10:36 - Jun 24 with 1866 viewsGloucs_R

Quality defenders are hard to find.

We invested £10m on a player who should have been mustard, he fitted the profile but we had to pay him loads to get him here. - Samba - complete fail.

We invested a small amount money into a younger player who hasnt made it and is likely to be released - Magri - Fail

We have taken another young player form lower leagues but he is nowhere near ready for the Prem yet - Donaldson - tbc

We moaned loads when we brought in an old has been, hardly playing for Spurs. He went in to be a solid CB - Nelsen

Onouha - up and down few years, on a big wedge of money and cost a fair bit too - lets see if this is his season.

So what do we do now? Someone like Caulker or Williams will only come here for the money, we are already in debt, do we need to take more on?

Foreign defenders are a massive risk

Other Prem clubs arent going to sell us their first team players unless its for silly money or we are paying big wages.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rio - Not WC on 10:38 - Jun 24 with 1860 viewstoboboly

Rio - Not WC on 10:26 - Jun 24 by ElHoop

It must be 33/1 that they'll be fit at the same time for more than 10 games a season. I wouldn't want them playing together though. But to have one of them fit at any point in time must surely be an advantage in the Premier League? They could both end up injured, yes it's a gamble, but what's the alternative?

Alternative could be to use what we have or use the money to get some lower/non league young players in and go from there. A 35 year old injury prone CB on his last legs is not the be all and end all of football.

And we wonder why young players never get an opportunity.

Rio - Not WC on 10:40 - Jun 24 with 1856 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Is this still just a rumour, or is there any substance to it?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rio - Not WC on 10:43 - Jun 24 with 1839 viewstoboboly

Rio - Not WC on 10:40 - Jun 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Is this still just a rumour, or is there any substance to it?

Been confirmed on Sky.

Rio - Not WC on 10:44 - Jun 24 with 1837 viewsAntti_Heinola

'We moaned loads when we brought in an old has been, hardly playing for Spurs. He went in to be a solid CB - Nelsen '

But Gloucs, this is the point is it not? Nelsen did play well (although not half as well as he got credit for IMO - everyone just blamed Ferdinand for goals even when they were blatantly Nelsen's fault - Man U away being a prime example) but lasted 4 months before leaving. Our ENTIRE problem for years and years has been short term thinking. Yes, Rio may well be ok for a year. Then what? Oh, we have to buy another CB. He's expensive, Man U already had to play him sparingly to spare his legs, he's another big name who won't enjoy the massive change in culture etc etc. Even if it works for one year, we'll be back at this point next season, looking to make another overhaul of our squad, as we do every bloody summer and every bloody January.

Bare bones.

Rio - Not WC on 10:46 - Jun 24 with 1830 viewsElHoop

Rio - Not WC on 10:38 - Jun 24 by toboboly

Alternative could be to use what we have or use the money to get some lower/non league young players in and go from there. A 35 year old injury prone CB on his last legs is not the be all and end all of football.

And we wonder why young players never get an opportunity.

Well we've already got Ehmer - I haven't seen either of them but Ehmer sounds a bit more promising than Donaldson. Nedum isn't the best either from an injuries angle. We probably need four plus Ehmer - what are we going to do with Hill? If we sign Rio then we don't really want Hill in the 25 as well do we? We still need another CB with some pace.
Rio - Not WC on 10:49 - Jun 24 with 1812 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rio - Not WC on 10:43 - Jun 24 by toboboly

Been confirmed on Sky.

Thanks. Sigh....

Rio - Not WC on 10:50 - Jun 24 with 1807 viewstoboboly

Rio - Not WC on 10:46 - Jun 24 by ElHoop

Well we've already got Ehmer - I haven't seen either of them but Ehmer sounds a bit more promising than Donaldson. Nedum isn't the best either from an injuries angle. We probably need four plus Ehmer - what are we going to do with Hill? If we sign Rio then we don't really want Hill in the 25 as well do we? We still need another CB with some pace.

So Rio doesn't fit the bill is what you are saying? I think we need more depth at CB but I would rather we had a look at players who would be coming to QPR to improve their careers rather than a last pay check.

Rio - Not WC on 10:53 - Jun 24 with 1792 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rio - Not WC on 10:44 - Jun 24 by Antti_Heinola

'We moaned loads when we brought in an old has been, hardly playing for Spurs. He went in to be a solid CB - Nelsen '

But Gloucs, this is the point is it not? Nelsen did play well (although not half as well as he got credit for IMO - everyone just blamed Ferdinand for goals even when they were blatantly Nelsen's fault - Man U away being a prime example) but lasted 4 months before leaving. Our ENTIRE problem for years and years has been short term thinking. Yes, Rio may well be ok for a year. Then what? Oh, we have to buy another CB. He's expensive, Man U already had to play him sparingly to spare his legs, he's another big name who won't enjoy the massive change in culture etc etc. Even if it works for one year, we'll be back at this point next season, looking to make another overhaul of our squad, as we do every bloody summer and every bloody January.

Agree completely.

Will wait and see what our total transfer activity amounts to before getting too depressed, but if you're a supporter who likes squad-building, improving players by coaching, mid-to-long-term planning, low wages, squad equality and resale value then this is a signing that will have you shaking your head. Again.

Rio - Not WC on 10:54 - Jun 24 with 1789 viewsTHEBUSH

I'm undecided regarding the Rio Ferdinand thing, but if he buys us time to sort out our defence, long term, it could be a positive signing !!

I'm old enough to have seen Frank Mclintock and Dave Webb play for us and as far as I remember, Mclintock played for us when he was 37.
Rio - Not WC on 11:00 - Jun 24 with 1768 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rio - Not WC on 10:54 - Jun 24 by THEBUSH

I'm undecided regarding the Rio Ferdinand thing, but if he buys us time to sort out our defence, long term, it could be a positive signing !!

I'm old enough to have seen Frank Mclintock and Dave Webb play for us and as far as I remember, Mclintock played for us when he was 37.

McLintock was superb. But that was in the 70s and the game is quite different now isn't it? A lot faster - very rare for a player to be that old and still performing at the levels he managed. Obviously there are exceptions. My real concern is that it's very, very different playing for a big club with decent players all around you (even if man u were mid table last season!) compared to a relegation battle with players of a much lower quality. We've seen that time and again. Brown and O'Shea don't look half the players at Sunderland, Champ League winner Bosingwa looked dreadful, Butt's career faded away reasonably quickly etc etc. Let's hope it works - it's not the player, it's the short term thinking that i don't like, but i suspect Harry just wants to get through this season without relegation then he's off, so his motivation isn't to look three years down the line sadly.

Bare bones.

Rio - Not WC on 11:04 - Jun 24 with 1750 viewsGloucs_R

I am not defending the signing, but will reserve judgement.

I'd like us to buy the lad at Sheff Utd. Cant remember his name.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rio - Not WC on 11:06 - Jun 24 with 1741 viewsingeminate

Rio - Not WC on 11:00 - Jun 24 by Antti_Heinola

McLintock was superb. But that was in the 70s and the game is quite different now isn't it? A lot faster - very rare for a player to be that old and still performing at the levels he managed. Obviously there are exceptions. My real concern is that it's very, very different playing for a big club with decent players all around you (even if man u were mid table last season!) compared to a relegation battle with players of a much lower quality. We've seen that time and again. Brown and O'Shea don't look half the players at Sunderland, Champ League winner Bosingwa looked dreadful, Butt's career faded away reasonably quickly etc etc. Let's hope it works - it's not the player, it's the short term thinking that i don't like, but i suspect Harry just wants to get through this season without relegation then he's off, so his motivation isn't to look three years down the line sadly.

Great signing IMO - if he stays fit we don't go down.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Rio - Not WC on 11:07 - Jun 24 with 1739 viewssimmo

Ultimately it's a chance to sell more '5' caps and magazine subscriptions. He's been more concerned with transitioning to his post football career than what he does on the pitch week in week out. As has been said a million times we need players who

a) have a point to prove
b) see QPR as a step up and a bridge to bigger and better things

Ferdinand COULD perhaps fall into the former, except he's won everything, captained his country and was once considered one of the best CB's in the world. What exactly is he going to prove by coming to QPR for a year? Even if he does play well?

For those reasons I don't want to sign him, I don't give a shit if he is free or taking a wage drop, it still puts him in line with our highest earners. And all those talking about Nelsen - yeah, he played wel for us. But a lot was to do with the fact we had nobody else actually trying and we also had to play with a line so deep he got to take his kids for free with his lower loft seat.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Rio - Not WC on 11:07 - Jun 24 with 1739 viewsAntti_Heinola

Rio - Not WC on 11:04 - Jun 24 by Gloucs_R

I am not defending the signing, but will reserve judgement.

I'd like us to buy the lad at Sheff Utd. Cant remember his name.

Paul Beesley?
Dane Whitehouse?
Carl Tiler?

Bare bones.

Rio - Not WC on 11:07 - Jun 24 with 1739 viewsgobbles

I think it's a good signing. Great experience, right type, will help others develop, good in the dressing room. Wouldn't surprise me if in 12 months people are talking about him as a future manager.
The difference between Ferdinand and, say, Bosingwa, is that Bosingwa could clear off abroad if things ended badly, Ferdinand is playing for a team in his home city and seems to want a future in the sport.
Rio - Not WC on 11:08 - Jun 24 with 1734 viewsJamie

"So what do we do now? Someone like Caulker or Williams will only come here for the money, we are already in debt, do we need to take more on? "

Rio isn't going to be coming here for his love of TFs FIFA based banter....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024