Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gary medel 19:24 - Jun 28 with 4971 viewsangryjack

is the bollox
gary medel on 19:25 - Jun 28 with 3979 viewsQuakerJack

Beat me to it, says a lot about two consecutive scum managers that they couldn't get much out of him. Definitely a centre half, not a midfield player

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

gary medel on 19:27 - Jun 28 with 3950 viewsangryjack

cheeky bid i reckon
gary medel on 19:29 - Jun 28 with 3939 viewsreddythered

gary medel on 19:25 - Jun 28 by QuakerJack

Beat me to it, says a lot about two consecutive scum managers that they couldn't get much out of him. Definitely a centre half, not a midfield player

So he'd have done a great job at centre half in the Prem then?

Might have been nice before blasting us to work out where he played in La Liga; hint, not in the position he plays for Chile.

Medel shines in that particular position for the specific formation and style Chile use. He's still a good DM, which is where club managers have played him.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

gary medel on 19:30 - Jun 28 with 3928 viewsJackfath

He's the tallest dwarf I've ever seen.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

gary medel on 19:55 - Jun 28 with 3845 viewsDanielswan

gary medel on 19:30 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

He's the tallest dwarf I've ever seen.

That guy from game of thrones is smaller ....

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

gary medel on 19:59 - Jun 28 with 3816 viewsJackfath

Crying his eyes out as realisation hits home he's got to got back to Cardiff now.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

gary medel on 20:03 - Jun 28 with 3778 viewscanhecatchit

gary medel on 19:59 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

Crying his eyes out as realisation hits home he's got to got back to Cardiff now.

LMFAO :D

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

gary medel on 20:03 - Jun 28 with 3772 viewsQuakerJack

gary medel on 19:29 - Jun 28 by reddythered

Might have been nice before blasting us to work out where he played in La Liga; hint, not in the position he plays for Chile.

Medel shines in that particular position for the specific formation and style Chile use. He's still a good DM, which is where club managers have played him.

The way he reads the game he was born to play at centre half. Regardless of where he plays, he underperformed for you and the evidence has been shown for the last two hours and since the start of the tournament.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

gary medel on 20:04 - Jun 28 with 3762 viewsQuakerJack

gary medel on 19:59 - Jun 28 by Jackfath

The only red shirt he'll ever wear again is Chile's

gary medel on 20:25 - Jun 28 with 3665 viewsicecoldjack

Medel was superb today, one of the best sweeping/centre half displays ive seen for a while.

He just isnt cut out for the power,speed and strength of the prem league, that has been proven .

Looks the bollocks in the Chile team would be dog average in any prem team just because the opposition is so different .
gary medel on 20:49 - Jun 28 with 3557 viewsDaithejack

Love to have seen him play center half against West Ham with big Sams donkeys humping balls into Andy Carrol, dont think he would have looked quite so good. He just suits the way Chile play with a three the back, also helps when the opposition keep the ball on the deck.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

gary medel on 21:21 - Jun 28 with 3460 viewsUxbridge

gary medel on 19:29 - Jun 28 by reddythered

Is the right answer. Chile effectively play with no defenders and flood the rest of the pitch. They've been good enough up the pitch to carry it off.

Didn't see enough last season to think he'd improve what we've got and the World Cup didn't really change my mind on that score. As you say, formation and tactics are everything.

His price might have gone up a million or two though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

gary medel on 22:19 - Jun 28 with 3340 viewsborinifanclub

he is Way too slow to play premiership centre half.............come to that he is way to slow anyway....where are scumdiff now ? I checked our fixtures and I can't see them!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

gary medel on 22:48 - Jun 28 with 3262 viewsMagicDaps

Medel's done well for Sevilla at defensive midfield.

I think as a centre half in a different system, he wouldn't be great, particularly in the Premier League. If he's left one v one against a quick striker/winger, he's going to be taken on but in Chile's system the attackers rarely get the opportunity to go one v one against the three at the back.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

gary medel on 22:55 - Jun 28 with 3234 viewsPozuelosSideys

As above, its the system that makes the player, not the players making the system. Much like Fede Bessone looked a world beater under Sousa, he was shite under other managers.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

gary medel on 23:06 - Jun 28 with 3198 viewsDrizzy

He's cack. I see the two or three stellar games this WC and I raise you 30+ games of utter mediocrity in the Premier League for the club that pays his wages.

Solid piece in a very well crafted system. Not a quality player by any stretch of the imagination.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

gary medel on 23:08 - Jun 28 with 3184 viewsreddythered

gary medel on 23:06 - Jun 28 by Drizzy

He's cack. I see the two or three stellar games this WC and I raise you 30+ games of utter mediocrity in the Premier League for the club that pays his wages.

Solid piece in a very well crafted system. Not a quality player by any stretch of the imagination.

Xavi rates him, so I guess he sees something others may not.

Suspect it's the case he's one of those players defined by system and league. Think he suits La Liga far better than the Prem.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

gary medel on 23:11 - Jun 28 with 3169 viewsDrizzy

gary medel on 23:08 - Jun 28 by reddythered

Xavi rates him, so I guess he sees something others may not.

Suspect it's the case he's one of those players defined by system and league. Think he suits La Liga far better than the Prem.

Definitely. Poor business by your lot spending all that money on him though you'll probably recoup most of it after his recent performances. You can pick up half decent defensive midfielders for pennies on the continent .

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

gary medel on 23:19 - Jun 28 with 3139 viewsreddythered

gary medel on 23:11 - Jun 28 by Drizzy

Definitely. Poor business by your lot spending all that money on him though you'll probably recoup most of it after his recent performances. You can pick up half decent defensive midfielders for pennies on the continent .

If it's a straight DM replacement for Medel, got Dikagcoi on a free already.

gary medel on 09:41 - Jun 29 with 2781 viewsCatullus

he'd never make a CB in the Premier, he'd never manage under the high ball. And there would be a lot more than at the WC, ok that's a guess because I haven't been watching!

As said by Reddy, in the right system, in the right league, he's good. But that's not here.

I find myself agreeing with Drizzy again.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

gary medel on 10:06 - Jun 29 with 2728 viewsScoobyDoo

gary medel on 23:19 - Jun 28 by reddythered

If it's a straight DM replacement for Medel, got Dikagcoi on a free already.

First half of last season Medel was great for us but after Christmas i thought he got discouraged by the events surrounding the club just like the rest of us. I like the way this lot are dissing Medel when their very own John Hartson give him motm in the first derby, different class was his words.
gary medel on 10:10 - Jun 29 with 2719 viewsCatullus

gary medel on 10:06 - Jun 29 by ScoobyDoo

First half of last season Medel was great for us but after Christmas i thought he got discouraged by the events surrounding the club just like the rest of us. I like the way this lot are dissing Medel when their very own John Hartson give him motm in the first derby, different class was his words.

One match does not a player or season make. Where was he in the return?

In the same place as the rest of your team, nowhere!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

gary medel on 10:18 - Jun 29 with 2701 viewsScoobyDoo

gary medel on 10:10 - Jun 29 by Catullus

One match does not a player or season make. Where was he in the return?

In the same place as the rest of your team, nowhere!

I said first half of the season son, little oversight by you i see.
gary medel on 10:32 - Jun 29 with 2673 viewsbermudajack

gary medel on 10:18 - Jun 29 by ScoobyDoo

This is true, I spent 90 mins watching him control the entire game at Lego land... Without him they would never have won that game & he was rightly lauded by Big John...

And although one game doesn't make a season, his ability to read & control the game cannot be discounted either...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

gary medel on 10:53 - Jun 29 with 2613 viewsCatullus

gary medel on 10:18 - Jun 29 by ScoobyDoo

Son, oh you are a wag. It was a direct response to your Hartson comment. Anyone can have a good game.
Maybe he was good for the first half of the season, it didn't help much and he disappeared after that.
Well, when I say disappeared, I mean in a football sense as he actually was noticeably larger around the middle, later on.
Maybe we should blame your manager for that, for not using him properly?
As he obviously has talent. His WC performances show it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024