Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Common factors for players leaving 09:57 - Jul 18 with 2550 viewsLiam

I've been thinking about the club and the big upheaval this year with so many leaving and it's got me thinking what we as a club can learn from the past few seasons with the players leaving to turn it in to a positive, something to learn from for future signings.

Some of the common factors I've noticed with the players leaving:

-They come from outside the premier league
-They signed on relatively large salaries
-English was their second language
-They initially showed signed of brilliance only to fade soon after
-They didn't know very much about the club and its history before they signed

I know some of this is obvious to some but if you can think of some more common factors then just go ahead and post!

PS this is not an opportunity to slate the board so please stay on topic, this is just so we can as a group learn from the mistakes in our first few years in the new EPL

Additional suggestions so far:

-The manager had a large influence on their initial signing (Jacksomething)
-they had money grabbing agents (Highjack)
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 10:38]
Common factors for players leaving on 10:08 - Jul 18 with 2513 viewsJackSomething

You could suggest that many of those who have thrown their toys out of the pram joined us because of Laudrup being here. Which is fine as long as we're doing well, but a problem when Laudrup is under-performing and needs to go.

It looks like Monk is less involved with signings than Laudrup was and while we'll have to wait and see how successful our new signings are, at least they won't throw a tantrum if Monk leaves.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Common factors for players leaving on 10:16 - Jul 18 with 2457 viewsHighjack

Bayram Tutuwotsisface.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Common factors for players leaving on 10:16 - Jul 18 with 2457 viewslondonlisa2001

It seems to me that we are making an effort to considerably lower the current weekly wage bill (Ki, Pablo and Michu are all high earners presumably). Whether this is to clear out room for 'bigger' players or is just a coincidence with them not wanting to stay with us remains to be seen.

We undoubtedly need several more signings to compensate, perhaps Montero is one, perhaps JDG another, but also think we need another attacking midfielder and another defensive midfielder (in addition to JDG). I also think we need another wide / front player. The one signing I thought we'd make but don't seem to be targeting at the moment is right back - I think we desperately need cover / competition for Angel.

I think the language that the players speak etc is completely irrelevant - Ki's English or Michu's English are (from what I've seen) a lot better than Chico's English and Chico / Amat are 'non premier league' signings that seem to be part of our plans.
Common factors for players leaving on 11:07 - Jul 18 with 2268 viewsdobjack2

Also last year of contract - sign new contract or off. The fall out over laudrup will persist for a bit longer.
Common factors for players leaving on 11:51 - Jul 18 with 2177 viewsJokeren1943

Shite Pozuelo, Lamah and Canas all got better when they were here. - And Pablo when he had a few matchs after his many injuries was outstanding (in the Months under Monk he was Swanseas creative engine).

Michu was outstanding for the club.

As far as I can see the spanish players proberly were extremly cheap in wages compared to other Premier League players (especially british).
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 11:52]
Common factors for players leaving on 11:55 - Jul 18 with 2144 viewsJackSomething

Common factors for players leaving on 11:51 - Jul 18 by Jokeren1943

Shite Pozuelo, Lamah and Canas all got better when they were here. - And Pablo when he had a few matchs after his many injuries was outstanding (in the Months under Monk he was Swanseas creative engine).

Michu was outstanding for the club.

As far as I can see the spanish players proberly were extremly cheap in wages compared to other Premier League players (especially british).
[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 11:52]

Michu was outstanding for the club for one season. He then got a new contract and you can be sure he wasn't on extremely cheap wages then. Our reward for that was a couple of good months and then an extreme lack of effort following injury.

The Spanish players were certainly cheap transfer fees compared to the average British player, but I doubt players like Pablo, Chico and Amat were/are on peanuts.

Common factors for players leaving on 12:03 - Jul 18 with 2120 viewsJokeren1943

Common factors for players leaving on 11:55 - Jul 18 by JackSomething

Michu was outstanding for the club for one season. He then got a new contract and you can be sure he wasn't on extremely cheap wages then. Our reward for that was a couple of good months and then an extreme lack of effort following injury.

The Spanish players were certainly cheap transfer fees compared to the average British player, but I doubt players like Pablo, Chico and Amat were/are on peanuts.

Michu major problem as a see it in the second season is that his teamwork with Bony never really worked. They were too similar (in which position they choose).

And Michu was far better behind a striker - he worked faaar best when he had Graham in front of him. And as far as I remembered we desperately needed an alternative to make room for Michu. We did not really have other players who could score. So after the other PL teams got to know Michu they just put both central defenders on him so he was all alone in the box (with smaller players like Dyer, Routledge, Guzman, outside the box). Was the precise reason why Swansea was so desperate to sign a striker last summer.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 12:07]
Common factors for players leaving on 12:55 - Jul 18 with 1988 viewsJackSomething

Common factors for players leaving on 12:03 - Jul 18 by Jokeren1943

Michu major problem as a see it in the second season is that his teamwork with Bony never really worked. They were too similar (in which position they choose).

And Michu was far better behind a striker - he worked faaar best when he had Graham in front of him. And as far as I remembered we desperately needed an alternative to make room for Michu. We did not really have other players who could score. So after the other PL teams got to know Michu they just put both central defenders on him so he was all alone in the box (with smaller players like Dyer, Routledge, Guzman, outside the box). Was the precise reason why Swansea was so desperate to sign a striker last summer.

[Post edited 18 Jul 2014 12:07]

Nothing to argue with there. It was strange that Laudrup didn't seem to want to give him and Bony a run together, but I'm sure he had his reasons.

Login to get fewer ads

Common factors for players leaving on 13:31 - Jul 18 with 1895 viewsicecoldjack

Monk in charge ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024