Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EDS v Arlesey 02:43 - Aug 3 with 2676 viewsDunstable_hoop

I left on 70 mins at 4-0 and it may have been that we scored more, I cant actually find the score online but I may not have looked hard enough.

GK - Lennox: Looked iffy under the high ball but distribution wasn't bad. Nothing to suggest he'll make it.

RB - Furlong: I personally was very impressed. Won headers he should not have, knew when to get forward and not to and made some very good tackles. Decent goal

LB - Kpekawa: Again, very impressed. Struggled a bit in 2nd half as they doubled up on him but clearly knew when to try to break the line and when not to. Excellent finish too. Real quality goal from full back. Armand would have been proud.

CB - Wise: First 10 minutes he looked like a pub player, very good long ball but poor in the air. Got better and the penalty they missed was actually an outstanding tackle. Subbed at H/T.

CB - Sendles-White: Looked excellent in first 20 minutes but then got the impression he was too lax with the long ball and actually allowed 3-4 chances. Not as good as I thought.

CM - Ehmer: Looks like and acts like Taarabt. Far too good for this level apparently although there is substance. He was very composed and done extremely well, I only saw him give the ball away once. Too much attitude though which doesn't bode well.

CM - Mitchell - Hate to slate a youngster but wouldn't have shined in Arlesey's team. Very, very poor

RW - Comley - Actually thought he had some promise, needs to make better decisions and get a more clinical shot but very hard-working and tracked back excellently.

LW - Frankie Sutherland - Absolute cut above anything else on the park. His goal reminded me immediately of Rooney and he came off his wing searching for the ball trying to make things happen. Deceptively pacy. GET HIM IN THE SQUAD.

ACM - Doughty - Big, strong, some moments of quality but flattered to deceive. Will make it as a footballer, but league 1 at best. Gave the ball away too much and looked a bit unfit.

ST - ??? - The announcer struggled and so did I. Did not get his name, scored a penalty which was saved but crept in, moved a lot and had one or two decent moments but no great shakes.

Subs:
Donaldson: Looked far superior positionally and in the air than anything else. By far. Very slow though.

No. 14 - Don't know his name, came on for the awful Mitchell. Equally as small but much better because he had awareness and quick feet.

Decent work out and clearly much better than the opponents but I'd only tip Sutherland (who is quality), Ehmer, Donaldson and maybe the two full-backs to possibly make it pro.

EDIT: Mentioned it but If they put highlights on the website you must watch Frankie's goal. Outstanding chip from the edge of the area!
[Post edited 3 Aug 2014 2:46]
EDS v Arlesey on 10:46 - Aug 3 with 2353 viewsWareRanger

I was beginning to lose count by the end but I think it was 5-0 when I left with about 5 to go.

I was impressed with the performance and it was a good game to watch.

I think you're being harsh on Ehmer. He was our best player for me and even took a couple of great free kicks from the edge of the box. Big season for him ahead if he's ever going to make it with us.

Sutherland was also excellent capping it off with a great goal.

Ultimately though, I'm not convinced that any of these lads will make it in the Prem.

All In all, a good afternoon's entertainment played in a nice little ground in a friendly atmosphere. A good day out.
EDS v Arlesey on 10:50 - Aug 3 with 2340 viewsbosh67

I think we have to give the likes of Ehmer, Sutherland and Doughty a chance now. Blood them at stages this season in the Prem. We are going to need home grown players like this that know the club inside out. It's vital to the structure of the club in my humble opinion. All three are talented and you look at the kid we let go to Liverpool and you see how good he is. We need to get these kids playing at top level, not condition them to loans in league 1.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

EDS v Arlesey on 10:59 - Aug 3 with 2314 viewsTacticalR

Thanks for your report. Going to see the youth team can be quite sobering as you realise there's a long way from youth football to the first team.

Air hostess clique

EDS v Arlesey on 11:23 - Aug 3 with 2278 viewsderbyhoop

At this stage I'd suggest more loan spells. But it would need to be at championship, rather than league 1 level

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

EDS v Arlesey on 11:24 - Aug 3 with 2272 viewsbosh67

Mist of these guys are now in their 20s. We let them languish too long at youth level.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

EDS v Arlesey on 18:34 - Aug 3 with 2070 viewsQPunkR

EDS v Arlesey on 10:50 - Aug 3 by bosh67

I think we have to give the likes of Ehmer, Sutherland and Doughty a chance now. Blood them at stages this season in the Prem. We are going to need home grown players like this that know the club inside out. It's vital to the structure of the club in my humble opinion. All three are talented and you look at the kid we let go to Liverpool and you see how good he is. We need to get these kids playing at top level, not condition them to loans in league 1.

Or at least let the youth form the basis of the team in the cup

QPR - "shit but local"

EDS v Arlesey on 09:41 - Aug 4 with 1801 viewssmegma

EDS v Arlesey on 10:46 - Aug 3 by WareRanger

I was beginning to lose count by the end but I think it was 5-0 when I left with about 5 to go.

I was impressed with the performance and it was a good game to watch.

I think you're being harsh on Ehmer. He was our best player for me and even took a couple of great free kicks from the edge of the box. Big season for him ahead if he's ever going to make it with us.

Sutherland was also excellent capping it off with a great goal.

Ultimately though, I'm not convinced that any of these lads will make it in the Prem.

All In all, a good afternoon's entertainment played in a nice little ground in a friendly atmosphere. A good day out.

Ended up 5-1, they scored a penalty in the last seconds.
EDS v Arlesey on 10:31 - Aug 4 with 1732 viewsAntti_Heinola

EDS v Arlesey on 10:50 - Aug 3 by bosh67

yep.
but we both know this will never happen.

Bare bones.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024