Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dilemma... 20:03 - Aug 5 with 1235 viewssurfnotturf

Was planning on going to Forest meet up with mates, drink beer, good laugh, day out etc

All good, then my son aged 10 , who has been to quite a few games with me tells me he wants to come with me. Ok... I can manage that.....then 7 year old who has been to one other game, with me, her brother and Mum, as well as West Ham at Wembley tells me she wants to come too. She has asked about coming before and I have always taken it with a pinch of salt.

I try and put the 7 year old off coming. "It'll be a long day....nothing like Wembley, and we aren't the same team!" Her Mum tries to help me out, "Why don't us girls go and watch to fly a dragon 2( or whatever it is)".

My daughter says , "no I want to watch Blackpool, and as for the players Dad, the team will be around after all the players have died".

So, day out on the piss could be ruined or do I selfishly put my foot down or selflessly prevent what could be a bad football memory from made.

So should they stay or should they go?
Dilemma... on 20:04 - Aug 5 with 1224 viewsSeasideKurt

Why don't you.

Let the missus come too. Then she can drive. And you can sort of have the best of both worlds. It's what I used to do.
Dilemma... on 20:08 - Aug 5 with 1217 viewshertfordseasider

You have to take her Stringy!!! A future Pool fan, and don't forget those you are meeting are now bulgers and drink in wine bars, they aren't who they used to be, they are defenders of the good and will make sure she is fine!!!!
Dilemma... on 20:10 - Aug 5 with 1200 viewsBillyAyre

Take her, mate. Some of her happiest memories when she's older will be of spending time with her Dad at the game.

You can go on the lash anytime.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 20:11]
Dilemma... on 20:10 - Aug 5 with 1197 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

Go.

Taking 3 of mine, could easily have got the train and made a lash day of it, and saved money, but there's comfort in knowing that when you get back you can have a few cold ones lined up in the fridge.

£16 for kids is not cheap though, but they'll love it all the same, and more importantly, they'll love you for taking them.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Dilemma... on 20:32 - Aug 5 with 1160 viewsBloodtangerine

Go on the lash and tell your lad he can go to aways on the lash with you when he is 17......not long to wait.......as for the 7 year old daughter mate.....need I comment?

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Dilemma... on 20:36 - Aug 5 with 1141 viewsReal_Carpet_Martin

Dilemma... on 20:32 - Aug 5 by Bloodtangerine

Go on the lash and tell your lad he can go to aways on the lash with you when he is 17......not long to wait.......as for the 7 year old daughter mate.....need I comment?

Go on your own. It's a game for men not families

I shook Sinatra's hand
Poll: Favourite chips

Dilemma... on 20:45 - Aug 5 with 1113 viewsDarkSideoftheLune

Tell her she's welcome at home games but away games aren't the place. Ha! Worked for me until they were old enough to look after me at aways.
Dilemma... on 20:47 - Aug 5 with 1099 viewsBloodtangerine

Dilemma... on 20:45 - Aug 5 by DarkSideoftheLune

Tell her she's welcome at home games but away games aren't the place. Ha! Worked for me until they were old enough to look after me at aways.

Carpet, Lune...spot on

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Login to get fewer ads

Dilemma... on 21:27 - Aug 5 with 1069 viewssurfnotturf

Dilemma... on 20:47 - Aug 5 by Bloodtangerine

Carpet, Lune...spot on

DSOL....the 10 year old isn't far off being able to look after both of us, and in 7 years he'll be the proverbial outhouse.The 7 year old....well in 7, 10, or 15 years she's going nowhere near you
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024