Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orlandi's Monday part2 10:11 - Aug 11 with 2550 viewssambuka

Oh for an edit button'

here's the link

http://www.am14.net/tiempo-de-conocernos-blackpool-orlandi-12842/2/

"In life, as in football, you won't go far unless you know where the goalposts are"

Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:16 - Aug 11 with 2527 viewsJesusIsATangerine

There should be a pen and paper icon in the bottom left of your post, hover over it - that should be your edit button

Edit (see!) to say it's just a picture of a pencil.. and also, an interesting read
[Post edited 11 Aug 2014 10:18]

"Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Poll: England v Switzerland Result?

Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:18 - Aug 11 with 2520 viewsBedfordseasider

Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:16 - Aug 11 by JesusIsATangerine

There should be a pen and paper icon in the bottom left of your post, hover over it - that should be your edit button

Edit (see!) to say it's just a picture of a pencil.. and also, an interesting read

Good stuff from Orlandi & seeing as Matt williams replacement is hardly likely to do much (like Matt did) It's a good bit of communication from within.
Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:18 - Aug 11 with 2519 viewssambuka

Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:16 - Aug 11 by JesusIsATangerine

Thanks got it...Doh!

"In life, as in football, you won't go far unless you know where the goalposts are"

Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:36 - Aug 11 with 2480 viewswee_Bob

Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:18 - Aug 11 by sambuka

Thanks got it...Doh!

Full version below if you can't be bothered clicking - looks like we've got a replacement for Angel and looks like he knows a few more swear words!

Hi, my friends, my name’s Andrea Orlandi from Blackpool. We have started the season with a defeat, but we are not defeated. I could write a novel about this first travel to Nottingham, though…

Let’s go step by step. A lot of new players have arrived to Blackpool in the last ten days, an adaptation time for everybody. Knowing this guy’s position, wether he is fast or slow, which language I have to use with him, remembering that other guy’s name… A frantic learning to be able to face a hard match as this one at Nottingham’s City Ground in suitable conditions.

The trainings are funny. The ball is always the main character and that, given my origins, is a blessing for me. Moreover, I realize there’s so much talent and a great atmosphere in the team. People are humble and everybody is motivated. Imagine: they have changed our hotel six times in ten days… and nobody commited suicide! We know our club is under reconstruction and we accept that kind of setbacks. In fact, it is encouraging to me. Maybe we start with disadvantages, but in the end it is eleven against eleven on the pitch.

The match day morning, while we waited for the bus, we found out seven of us have not been registered on time and they could not play against Forest, so we had to attend with three youngsters… and no substitute goalkeeper!!! But once in the pitch, in spite of all of this, I understood there’s no such a word like ‘surrender’ in this Blackpool. As with every English team, the efforts and the willingness appear at the bus and don’t fade away until you are under the shower.

We fought and resisted against a promotion candidate. We lost by 2:0, the two goals scored in just five minutes at the first half. They blew our plans down, but we NEVER kneel. This fact and the good sensations at the second half give me hope for the next matches.

On a personal level, I must say I am still not at my best phisical condition. I have been training just a week so it is pre-season time for me, let us say, but I am happy. There is no better sensation for a footballer than feeling exhausted when the match ends, because it is a proof that you gave all you had… and yes, I was exhausted. And pissed off, too! If I were luckier on that shoot…

Two complicated matches come now. We are playing against Shrewsbury in the Cup tomorrow and visiting Blackburn in the League on Saturday. The good news is the partners who could not play last Saturday will be available at last and we are going to be a real pain in the neck. Another ‘Spanish member’, Joan Oriol, is joining us and, if everything goes right, his twin brother Edu will do the same as well. They were also formed in the FC Barcelona football school and our fans will be delighted with them. After the Nottingham match we found out their granny passed awayand they had to go to Spain urgently. I would like to send my condolences to their family. Here we are, waiting for giving you a great hug, cracks!

But I am beating about the bush and I still have not explained the way Saturday ended. When we have just arrived, the hotel changed our rooms at ten o’clock. A claustrophobic pixie could have a hard time at mine… but he had never stayed at my friend Cubero’s! He almost had to sleep with his suitcases on his chest. That’s glamourless football, folks! We know it, we accept it and it is even a motivation bonus. I hope to move to my own place in a few days, though, hehehe…

Next Monday I hope to talk about our first victories, but in spite of these words being for everyone from anywhere, I don’t want to finish without greeting the supporters who came with us to Nottingham specially. Thanks to you I already realize this adventure is worthwhile. See you here next week. C’moooooon!!!
Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:37 - Aug 11 with 2480 viewsWizaard

Excellent post from Orlandi. Shows the team spirit is there as we could see on Saturday.

I really think that we will settle down over the next few weeks to be a real force.

What a waste of the first few games though. As fans I think there's a call for patience required
Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:44 - Aug 11 with 2469 viewsmikec

brilliant - love the guy - very funny
wish the club could do something right - paperwork , hotels , washing kits - anything would be good !!
Orlandi's Monday part2 on 11:43 - Aug 11 with 2412 viewsvoyeur

Orlandi's Monday part2 on 10:37 - Aug 11 by Wizaard

Excellent post from Orlandi. Shows the team spirit is there as we could see on Saturday.

I really think that we will settle down over the next few weeks to be a real force.

What a waste of the first few games though. As fans I think there's a call for patience required

A call for patience with the team.

A call for impatience with the board and chairman.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024