Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) 10:18 - Aug 11 with 1909 views1953Original

So when you used to go down the newsagents 'back in the day' what did you ask for a quarter of ...

Strawberry bon bons
Black jacks and fruit salads
Aniseed balls

Were always on my list! Old fashioned sweet shop just opened in Cleveleys 😎

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 10:36 - Aug 11 with 1897 viewswee_Bob

What was the chewing licorice that they used to sell which you spat out - was a bit woody?
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 10:52 - Aug 11 with 1895 viewsPoolman

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 10:36 - Aug 11 by wee_Bob

What was the chewing licorice that they used to sell which you spat out - was a bit woody?

Midget gems - always used to last longer - and if impressing a girl - cherry lips!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 11:37 - Aug 11 with 1882 viewsMr_Brightside

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 10:52 - Aug 11 by Poolman

Midget gems - always used to last longer - and if impressing a girl - cherry lips!

Licorice root or African Chew Sticks?

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 11:39 - Aug 11 with 1881 viewsBlade01

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 10:52 - Aug 11 by Poolman

Tough one, we used to have 20p mix ups, mine was mainly Bazooka Joes, Fruit Salads & Blackjacks.

But a quarter of Rhubarb & Custard balls would be nice.

I also used to like those Traffic Light lollies that changed colour when you sucked them

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 11:53 - Aug 11 with 1877 views911_Kirky

Cola cubes.....
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 12:13 - Aug 11 with 1867 viewssambuka

Rainbow Kali

"In life, as in football, you won't go far unless you know where the goalposts are"

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 12:20 - Aug 11 with 1863 viewswespens

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 12:13 - Aug 11 by sambuka

Rainbow Kali

Pear drops until you scraped all the top of your mouth and had at least 3 mouth ulcers!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 12:51 - Aug 11 with 1853 viewsWizaard

Chewing nuts
Cough candy
Login to get fewer ads

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 16:34 - Aug 11 with 1821 viewsCurryman

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 12:20 - Aug 11 by wespens

Pear drops until you scraped all the top of your mouth and had at least 3 mouth ulcers!!

Wespens, the reason you could scrape the top off your mouth was probably due to the flavourings. Both acetates. The artificial flavours isoamyl acetate and ethyl acetate are responsible for the characteristic flavour of pear drops.

As an indicator when I worked in the Dry Cleaning industry we used to use amyl acetate to remove certain stains.

I used to like Black Jacks, 4 for an old penny and flying saucers.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2014 16:35]

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 16:48 - Aug 11 with 1807 viewsskihatarmy

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 16:34 - Aug 11 by Curryman

Wespens, the reason you could scrape the top off your mouth was probably due to the flavourings. Both acetates. The artificial flavours isoamyl acetate and ethyl acetate are responsible for the characteristic flavour of pear drops.

As an indicator when I worked in the Dry Cleaning industry we used to use amyl acetate to remove certain stains.

I used to like Black Jacks, 4 for an old penny and flying saucers.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2014 16:35]

refresher chews yum yum
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 17:10 - Aug 11 with 1799 viewsDavid53

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 16:48 - Aug 11 by skihatarmy

refresher chews yum yum

Old English and acid drop Spangles. There was also a square block of something like compacted sherbet, don't remember the name. My sister used to get parma violets, which, if you put them in a bottle of water and let them stand overnight, produced a drink which tasted like - water!
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 17:24 - Aug 11 with 1789 viewsgiro

Coltsfoot rock and a pouch of chocolate coconut chewing tobacco. How very un pc
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 17:33 - Aug 11 with 1784 viewsThe_Ghost

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 17:24 - Aug 11 by giro

Coltsfoot rock and a pouch of chocolate coconut chewing tobacco. How very un pc

A bag of gravel, and a piece of tar to chew on.
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 17:48 - Aug 11 with 1773 viewsseasider13

quite partial to sherbert dabs,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 18:58 - Aug 11 with 1754 viewstangerinesteve

Penny arrow bars - Hollands toffee works - southport
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 19:31 - Aug 11 with 1741 viewstangerinedom

Didn't tangerine_homo used to suck on a Fisherman's Friend when he was younger .. where is he anyway
A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 20:09 - Aug 11 with 1731 viewstangerinemoss

A quarter of ... (Another age indicator) on 19:31 - Aug 11 by tangerinedom

Didn't tangerine_homo used to suck on a Fisherman's Friend when he was younger .. where is he anyway

Sambuka from the shop near the railway in Thornton, don't I remember as kids at Baines Primary we were allowed to go there at lunchtimes?

Toffee nuts, "Chocolate" coated small toffee drops from the Sweetie shop waiting for the bus in Poulton

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024