Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me 09:31 - Aug 12 with 2153 viewsPoolman

I get an e-mail practically every day from them with names of people I know asking for confirmation of work places and pastimes etc - what exactly is it? Not sure how they got my e-mails but because I'm not signed up to it I can't unsubscribe!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 09:38 - Aug 12 with 2151 viewsSeasidepete

Its like a business facebook.

Good for networking if you're into that sort of thing
o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 09:47 - Aug 12 with 2130 viewsblackpool_rocks

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 09:38 - Aug 12 by Seasidepete

Its like a business facebook.

Good for networking if you're into that sort of thing

Its a fantastic free way of making business connections. I get a big percentage of my business through Linked-In.

I've got 3000 connections on it from all business sectors, with over 500 based in Blackpool.

Im sure you can unsubscribe from the messages if you don't want to join though.

Here to help.
o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 09:49 - Aug 12 with 2128 views911_Kirky

Like Facebook, I can't be doing with it..... Mainly full of pretentious prats waffling about how many sales targets they have hit, whilst steering with one hand in their 1 serious BMW!
o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 09:52 - Aug 12 with 2121 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

Poolman, if you're unsure what it is chances are you don't need it. Like any social medium you can potentially put a lot of time and effort into it without much return, or if you are self-employed for a little investment of time you could stumble upon a little goldmine of contacts and opportunities. But it is down to chance as much as anything.

It started as a sort of on-line community of IT techies, mainly contractors looking for their next role, and has grown from there. Corporates latched on to it and now you find all and sundry on there.

Even me.
o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 10:02 - Aug 12 with 2105 viewsBlade01

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 09:52 - Aug 12 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

Poolman, if you're unsure what it is chances are you don't need it. Like any social medium you can potentially put a lot of time and effort into it without much return, or if you are self-employed for a little investment of time you could stumble upon a little goldmine of contacts and opportunities. But it is down to chance as much as anything.

It started as a sort of on-line community of IT techies, mainly contractors looking for their next role, and has grown from there. Corporates latched on to it and now you find all and sundry on there.

Even me.

What were the designers at BMW thinking when they came up with the 1 Series?

I reckon it was something like "Look guys, the 3 Series isn't soulless enough, let's take a 10lb lump hammer to this bread van and stick a 1 Series badge on the result".

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 10:29 - Aug 12 with 2074 viewsheapster

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 10:02 - Aug 12 by Blade01

I reckon it was something like "Look guys, the 3 Series isn't soulless enough, let's take a 10lb lump hammer to this bread van and stick a 1 Series badge on the result".

Excuse me but as of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a 1 series BMW so as I obviously now own the roads and am far superior to mere mortals please refrain from insulting my amazing piece of german engineering.

(Does anyone know how to work the fooking Bluetooth )
o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 11:10 - Aug 12 with 2060 views911_Kirky

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 10:29 - Aug 12 by heapster

Excuse me but as of yesterday I am now the proud owner of a 1 series BMW so as I obviously now own the roads and am far superior to mere mortals please refrain from insulting my amazing piece of german engineering.

(Does anyone know how to work the fooking Bluetooth )

Enjoy heapster..... Just don't wear a 3 piece suit and get out and walk like you've got a stone in your shoe.....
o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 11:28 - Aug 12 with 2040 viewsBlade01

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 11:10 - Aug 12 by 911_Kirky

Enjoy heapster..... Just don't wear a 3 piece suit and get out and walk like you've got a stone in your shoe.....

Enjoy your car mate

I'll have a Large Thick Sliced and a packet of Crumpets when you are passing please

Login to get fewer ads

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 11:29 - Aug 12 with 2040 viewsLytham_FY8

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 10:02 - Aug 12 by Blade01

I drove a diesel one once, it was the most miserably slow and bland load of Teutonic nonsense I've ever driven.

The diesels START at £17k !

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 12:29 - Aug 12 with 2002 views1953Original

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 11:29 - Aug 12 by Lytham_FY8

I drove a diesel one once, it was the most miserably slow and bland load of Teutonic nonsense I've ever driven.

The diesels START at £17k !

Thank you for this! I get loads of e-mails about this as well - mates have said it's a 'look at me' website with little use to anyone!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 16:35 - Aug 12 with 1946 viewsblackpool_rocks

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 12:29 - Aug 12 by 1953Original

Thank you for this! I get loads of e-mails about this as well - mates have said it's a 'look at me' website with little use to anyone!

With the greatest of respect to your mates they don't know what they are talking about.

Its a great way to make business connections and for free.

Given the global popularity of Linked-In, to say it is of little use is rather naive.
o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 16:42 - Aug 12 with 1940 viewsBlade01

o/t Can someone explain 'Linkedin' to me on 16:35 - Aug 12 by blackpool_rocks

With the greatest of respect to your mates they don't know what they are talking about.

Its a great way to make business connections and for free.

Given the global popularity of Linked-In, to say it is of little use is rather naive.

Like Twitter and Facebook, used responsibly it can be a very useful tool for both Social and Business interactivity.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024