Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? 22:26 - Aug 12 with 1940 viewsAVFTT

Let us know what you thought of Blackpool's exit and thanks to the 100+ who joined us in the chat room on Tuesday. Here's our report.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/news/35707/shrewsbury-town-1-bla
Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 01:13 - Aug 13 with 1856 viewsTangiverse

A stunning example of a KO omnishambles.

“Squires Gate is, as has been well documented, inadequate in its current form. It’s unlikely there’s anything we could do there that would make that place fit for our purpose” KO 2004

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 07:34 - Aug 13 with 1807 viewsBedfordseasider

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 01:13 - Aug 13 by Tangiverse

A stunning example of a KO omnishambles.

Thought Oriol was Poor at left back but better further up the field later on in 2nd half.

Zenjov again looked well out of his depth with the game a good few yards ahead of him .

Miller changed the outlook of the team when he came on & we started to look like we had the capability at least ,to be able score.

Again you could see how Riga is wanting his team to play which is infinitely better than last year but it's going to take a while to gel & more aquisitions so he can get players in their best positions.

Still No real width going forward & no one making runs through the defence or taking players on in order to create chances.

Neat passing to feet but with zero penetration at the end of it .
Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 08:47 - Aug 13 with 1756 viewsCurryman

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 07:34 - Aug 13 by Bedfordseasider

Thought Oriol was Poor at left back but better further up the field later on in 2nd half.

Zenjov again looked well out of his depth with the game a good few yards ahead of him .

Miller changed the outlook of the team when he came on & we started to look like we had the capability at least ,to be able score.

Again you could see how Riga is wanting his team to play which is infinitely better than last year but it's going to take a while to gel & more aquisitions so he can get players in their best positions.

Still No real width going forward & no one making runs through the defence or taking players on in order to create chances.

Neat passing to feet but with zero penetration at the end of it .

A song by Frank Sinatra summed up a poor night for me. 'Strangers in the night' and I base my report on that:

You all know the tune.

Strangers in the night exchanging glances
Wond'ring in the night where were the chances
We would score a goal before the night was through

New faces in the team was so inviting
Nothing on the night was so exciting
Something in my heart told me they were all new

Strangers in the night
eleven players they were strangers in the night
Up to the moment when we let in the first goal we had little soul
Defeat was just a glance away, our second poor defeat away

and

In the shortest the time we've been together
passing accross the line, a never never
KO gave us this plight we're strangers in the night

[instrumental-first three lines of chorus]

KO gave us this plight we're strangers in the night. (End)

I think that about sums it up.

Poor passing, passing accross the box, no penetration except for Miller, a yard short in fitness, ball watching, misunderstandings, and a poor performance. Full stop.

Thank you Karl for your measured approach, lack of pre season signings, lack of pre season anything except more greed on your behalf, we know after your tome in the gazette it's everyone's fault but yours.

I feel the atmosphere on Saturday will be toxic, plunging our club deeper into the mire and once again highlighting your inadequacies, YES YOUR INADEQUACIES, not ours, not Riga's, not the team who need to gel, YOURS.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 8:49]

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 09:43 - Aug 13 with 1708 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It wasn't a good experience, to say the least. I thought Oriol was OK, actually, and quite composed on the ball, but he never really had a decent pass available to him.

Once again we were slow to get started and allowed the Shrews too much time on the ball. They didn't need much encouragement to press on and deserved what they got. The pity of it is that they aren't a particularly good L2 team, which gives you a fairly good idea of how bad we were.

We missed a glorious chance to equalise just before half time, which could have changed the game, and we certainly looked a lot more threatening when Miller came on, because he he is strong and direct and capable of creating something out of very little. I also thought Perkins was tidy enough. On first impressions, Daniels will be first choice centre back I think.

The ground, if you haven't been before, is quite nice ; it reminded me a bit of the Brittania, albeit obviously a lot smaller.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 10:55 - Aug 13 with 1639 viewsFY4MIKEH

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 09:43 - Aug 13 by basilrobbiereborn

It wasn't a good experience, to say the least. I thought Oriol was OK, actually, and quite composed on the ball, but he never really had a decent pass available to him.

Once again we were slow to get started and allowed the Shrews too much time on the ball. They didn't need much encouragement to press on and deserved what they got. The pity of it is that they aren't a particularly good L2 team, which gives you a fairly good idea of how bad we were.

We missed a glorious chance to equalise just before half time, which could have changed the game, and we certainly looked a lot more threatening when Miller came on, because he he is strong and direct and capable of creating something out of very little. I also thought Perkins was tidy enough. On first impressions, Daniels will be first choice centre back I think.

The ground, if you haven't been before, is quite nice ; it reminded me a bit of the Brittania, albeit obviously a lot smaller.

Basically Robbie we were crap. That Zenjov isn't even Conference standard. Long hard times ahead.
Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 11:55 - Aug 13 with 1593 viewsalberttatlock

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 10:55 - Aug 13 by FY4MIKEH

Basically Robbie we were crap. That Zenjov isn't even Conference standard. Long hard times ahead.

baz

what do YOU think are the reasons why this is happening .
are YOU happy with the way the club is run or dare you not say.

'envy of the league' - idiot

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 12:07 - Aug 13 with 1585 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 11:55 - Aug 13 by alberttatlock

baz

what do YOU think are the reasons why this is happening .
are YOU happy with the way the club is run or dare you not say.

albert

my name is robbie. And I blame Martha Longhurst.

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 12:40 - Aug 13 with 1549 viewsFY4MIKEH

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 12:07 - Aug 13 by basilrobbiereborn

albert

my name is robbie. And I blame Martha Longhurst.

Martha liked milk stout, is that one of your tipples Robbie ?
Login to get fewer ads

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 17:08 - Aug 13 with 1445 viewsVic_Mackey

Lewis .... Good shot stopper, but looked shakey on crosses.

Melis shouldn't have been at right back....harsh

Orlandi was shocking .... Fonz not even worth talking about.

Cwyka was shocking too....no final ball and looked a league one players at best.

Perkins and Clarke looked the only ones up for it.

Miller will be a good signing in time.

We all know who's to blame .....Oyston and nobody else. He doesn't understand football.....however he knows how to strip assets.

Could have lost 4-0 and not had a complaint....
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 17:09]
Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 18:55 - Aug 13 with 1407 viewssouthshoresteve

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 08:47 - Aug 13 by Curryman

A song by Frank Sinatra summed up a poor night for me. 'Strangers in the night' and I base my report on that:

You all know the tune.

Strangers in the night exchanging glances
Wond'ring in the night where were the chances
We would score a goal before the night was through

New faces in the team was so inviting
Nothing on the night was so exciting
Something in my heart told me they were all new

Strangers in the night
eleven players they were strangers in the night
Up to the moment when we let in the first goal we had little soul

and

KO gave us this plight we're strangers in the night

[instrumental-first three lines of chorus]

KO gave us this plight we're strangers in the night. (End)

I think that about sums it up.

Poor passing, passing accross the box, no penetration except for Miller, a yard short in fitness, ball watching, misunderstandings, and a poor performance. Full stop.

Thank you Karl for your measured approach, lack of pre season signings, lack of pre season anything except more greed on your behalf, we know after your tome in the gazette it's everyone's fault but yours.

I feel the atmosphere on Saturday will be toxic, plunging our club deeper into the mire and once again highlighting your inadequacies, YES YOUR INADEQUACIES, not ours, not Riga's, not the team who need to gel, YOURS.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2014 8:49]

Quality Curryman - you should sort out the chants and songs from now on!
Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 19:06 - Aug 13 with 1404 viewsOdinsRaven

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 18:55 - Aug 13 by southshoresteve

Quality Curryman - you should sort out the chants and songs from now on!

Robbie, like your match reports and I wasn't there so what are your thoughts on the players? Given time do they look like championship quality??
Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 19:30 - Aug 13 with 1388 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 19:06 - Aug 13 by OdinsRaven

Robbie, like your match reports and I wasn't there so what are your thoughts on the players? Given time do they look like championship quality??

Raven

On the basis of two games, I like the look of the goalkeeper, Daniels and Clarke seem a solid pairing, Perkins should be pretty pleased with his contribution thus far and Miller turned in a decent cameo last night. McMahon made a good start and we could do with getting him back quickly.

A lot of the others look good on the ball, but a bit lightweight and the understanding of one another clearly isn't there yet. Zenjov and Cywka both have a bit to do on the basis of what we've seen, they aren't impressing themselves on games so far.

As to whether they will measure up, it's just too early to say. I am sure they will improve, we're expecting other people to arrive and we haven't actually seen Cubero or Barkhuizen yet, both of who could be important players for us.

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 19:37 - Aug 13 with 1383 viewsOdinsRaven

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 19:30 - Aug 13 by basilrobbiereborn

Raven

On the basis of two games, I like the look of the goalkeeper, Daniels and Clarke seem a solid pairing, Perkins should be pretty pleased with his contribution thus far and Miller turned in a decent cameo last night. McMahon made a good start and we could do with getting him back quickly.

A lot of the others look good on the ball, but a bit lightweight and the understanding of one another clearly isn't there yet. Zenjov and Cywka both have a bit to do on the basis of what we've seen, they aren't impressing themselves on games so far.

As to whether they will measure up, it's just too early to say. I am sure they will improve, we're expecting other people to arrive and we haven't actually seen Cubero or Barkhuizen yet, both of who could be important players for us.

Cheers. so looks like by end of September will probably give us a good idea. Let's hope it's not too late..
Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 21:10 - Aug 13 with 1344 viewsSeasider91

Lewis looked good again. Rentmeister was a bit shaky as was Oriol but that is to be expected when they don't know their teammates well. The highlight had to be the singing of the Jose Riga song.

"We shall take baby steps up the league" Ian Holloway in July 2009

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 21:21 - Aug 13 with 1332 viewsCMG1958

Shrewsbury 1 Blackpool - Report and Your Thoughts? on 21:10 - Aug 13 by Seasider91

Lewis looked good again. Rentmeister was a bit shaky as was Oriol but that is to be expected when they don't know their teammates well. The highlight had to be the singing of the Jose Riga song.

Bedford says it all for except that Clarke was excellent.

Just a plastic glory hunter.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024