Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long day but worth it 19:34 - Aug 18 with 1568 viewsjimjac

On saturday I set off at 0930 on my first trip of the 2014/15 season. renewed season ticket in hand. Down through the cattle roads of Cumbria and down the M6 and finally along the M55. A stop at Stanley park to give my dogs a run. Then finally park near the Waterloo.

A slow walk to the ground thinking and pondering how the season would go. For the last couple of seasons its not be the best of times. More defeats than wins but more the poor passionless football on display. So it was with some for boding that I took my seat in the ground. Trying to recognise some of the players a difficult task.

Yes we may have lost but I saw passion and a style of play long since departed from Bloomfield road. Players moving the ball around and not copying Rovers by just launching the long ball. Yes it may work for them but its not what real football fans want to see.I believe that things will get better as this squad work together and work to Jose's plans. I saw glimpses of players wanting to play attractive open football and not panic.

I stayed behind for a few minutes to applaud the players off something again I have not done for many a game.

I also believe that some of these players have come to us to prove a point to those that have written them off. Giving some of these players a second chance will work for us.

But most of all I will be making the journey down again tuesday afternoon. Same routine including a stop at Stanley park with a belief that a win will come our way. Thanks Jose for giving us back some of our lost pride and passion. There is a long way to go but in you I trust.
Long day but worth it on 20:25 - Aug 18 with 1549 viewsmickBFC

Great post mate, fingers crossed for Tuesday. Whereabouts in Cumbria?
Long day but worth it on 20:27 - Aug 18 with 1544 viewsstu

What happened to your dogs?

Tangerine is the new black

Long day but worth it on 20:29 - Aug 18 with 1540 viewsFixitian

Long day but worth it on 20:25 - Aug 18 by mickBFC

My first game tomorrow, looking forward to it after reading your post.
Long day but worth it on 07:07 - Aug 19 with 1435 viewsjimjac

Long day but worth it on 20:25 - Aug 18 by mickBFC

I live between Cold Fell and Ennerdale
Long day but worth it on 17:30 - Aug 29 with 1337 viewsFixitian

Long day but worth it on 07:07 - Aug 19 by jimjac

I live between Cold Fell and Ennerdale

I live in a house.
Long day but worth it on 11:05 - Aug 30 with 1261 viewsthebigone

Long day but worth it on 17:30 - Aug 29 by Fixitian

I live in a house.

Do you drink in the Woolpack if you live near Ennerdale?

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024