Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch 11:29 - Aug 20 with 6430 viewsZut_Alors

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/fernandez-joins-1837182.aspx

Swansea City are delighted to confirm the signing of Napoli and Argentina defender Federico Fernandez for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The 25-year-old passed his medical on Monday before putting pen to paper on a four-year deal at the Liberty today.

The arrival of Fernandez, who will wear 33, bolsters Garry Monk’s options at centre-back, which currently include captain Ashley Williams, Jordi Amat and Kyle Bartley.

He is expected to go straight into the squad, subject to receiving international clearance, for Saturday’s home fixture with Burnley as the Swans look to build on the opening Barclays Premier League win at Manchester United.

Fernandez helped Napoli to the Coppa Italia last season, while they finished third in Serie A. He also featured in their Champions League and Europa League campaigns — though he missed both legs against the Swans.

The 26-cap Argentina international made four appearances in his nation’s World Cup campaign, starting the four matches as Alejandro Sabella’s side were beaten in the final by Germany.

Fernandez started his career with Estudiantes in his homeland before a 3million Euros move to Napoli in July 2011, while he also spent time on loan at Spanish club Getafe in La Liga.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 11:32]
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:24 - Aug 20 with 1307 viewsperchrockjack

I have a feeling he will go on to be an even better manager as what he has achieved so far so early far outweighs what BR and RM

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:28 - Aug 20 with 1292 viewsthomasJack

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:51 - Aug 20 by sully49

Here, here. I hope he is cleared to play on Saturday, he is without doubt a fantastic addition. All hail to GM, and the board for making so much money to strengthen the squad.

SWANSEA City have confirmed the signing of Federico Fernandez from Napoli on a four-year deal.

Fernandez passed a Liberty medical on Monday and his move from Serie A was rubber-stamped after the paperwork was finalised on Wednesday morning.

The fee is undisclosed, but Swansea are thought to have stumped up just under £8 million to land the Argentina international defender.

Fernandez will wear squad No. 33 at the Liberty, and will go straight into the squad for Saturday's Premier League fixture with Burnley subject to international clearance coming through in time.

The 25-year-old has been capped 26 times by his country, and returned to training with Napoli late this summer having featured at the World Cup.

He will compete with Jordi Amat and Kyle Bartley to partner Ashley Williams at the heart of Garry Monk's defence.
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-tie-Federico-Fernandez-deal

Poll: Next signing

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:33 - Aug 20 with 1262 viewsepaul

First interview

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/fernandez-first-interview-1838225.aspx

. . . Michu, Amat and Vazquez convince Fernandez to seal Swans switch

I can identify myself with the Swansea style — I like to play the ball from the back and, of course, I love to defend too."
Federico Fernandez

Federico Fernandez revealed he made his dream move to the Barclays Premier League after recommendations from some past and present Swansea City stars.
The Argentine international today swapped Serie A for Swansea after completing his move from Italian side Napoli, subject to international clearance.
Fernandez, who made four appearances for Argentina as they reached the World Cup final in Brazil, spoke to Michu — on loan at Napoli — along with Jordi Amat and former Swan loanee Alvaro Vazquez before putting pen to paper on a four-year deal.
And the centre-back revealed his delight in becoming a member of Garry Monk’s squad.
“It has always been my dream to play in the Premier League — it is the best in the world — and I’m grateful to Swansea for giving me this opportunity,” said the 25-year-old.
“I asked Michu and Jordi Amat about the club. I obviously trained with Michu at Napoli and while I was on loan at Getafe (in 2013) I played with Alvaro Vazquez. He is very good friends with Jordi, so I’ve spoken to them too.
“Michu told me it is a family club and the city is very relaxed. He said I was joining a very good club. All I've heard are good things about Swansea.”

Federico Fernandez

Fernandez was a key part of a Napoli side which finished third in Serie A while they also lifted the Coppa Italia.
And though he missed out on facing the Swans during the two-legged last 32 Europa League ties last season, Monk’s side made a big impression on him.
“I saw a team that holds the ball and plays very good football. It caught my attention,” said Fernandez of the Swans.
“I can identify myself with the Swansea style — I like to play the ball from the back and, of course, I love to defend too.
“And I was impressed again last weekend with the team’s performance and result against Manchester United.
“It was a very intelligent performance — the team really took its opportunities and it was a fantastic start to the season.
“I just can’t wait to start training and playing games.”
Fernandez, who will wear squad number 33, is hoping to make his debut in Saturday’s Barclays Premier League fixture against Burnley at the Liberty.
And, having made a big impression at Napoli, he now sets out to become a bit hit with Swans supporters.
“I felt real support from the fans at Napoli so I wanted to thank them for that and I did that via a message on Twitter,” added Fernandez.
“And I now want to thank the Swansea supporters for their very warm messages too. I will do my best on and off the pitch for them.”

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/fernandez-first-interview-1838225.aspx#t

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:42 - Aug 20 with 1229 viewsPrivate_Partz

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:47 - Aug 20 by perchrockjack

Makes no difference drizz if you were or not.

Fact is dross has been binned and replaced with quality.

Sadly Chico was termed as a jack which seems to have had its definition radically altered

Looks good but too early to say, and Chico is not dross.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:46 - Aug 20 with 1203 viewsPrivate_Partz

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:33 - Aug 20 by epaul

First interview

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/fernandez-first-interview-1838225.aspx

. . . Michu, Amat and Vazquez convince Fernandez to seal Swans switch

I can identify myself with the Swansea style — I like to play the ball from the back and, of course, I love to defend too."
Federico Fernandez

Federico Fernandez revealed he made his dream move to the Barclays Premier League after recommendations from some past and present Swansea City stars.
The Argentine international today swapped Serie A for Swansea after completing his move from Italian side Napoli, subject to international clearance.
Fernandez, who made four appearances for Argentina as they reached the World Cup final in Brazil, spoke to Michu — on loan at Napoli — along with Jordi Amat and former Swan loanee Alvaro Vazquez before putting pen to paper on a four-year deal.
And the centre-back revealed his delight in becoming a member of Garry Monk’s squad.
“It has always been my dream to play in the Premier League — it is the best in the world — and I’m grateful to Swansea for giving me this opportunity,” said the 25-year-old.
“I asked Michu and Jordi Amat about the club. I obviously trained with Michu at Napoli and while I was on loan at Getafe (in 2013) I played with Alvaro Vazquez. He is very good friends with Jordi, so I’ve spoken to them too.
“Michu told me it is a family club and the city is very relaxed. He said I was joining a very good club. All I've heard are good things about Swansea.”

Federico Fernandez

Fernandez was a key part of a Napoli side which finished third in Serie A while they also lifted the Coppa Italia.
And though he missed out on facing the Swans during the two-legged last 32 Europa League ties last season, Monk’s side made a big impression on him.
“I saw a team that holds the ball and plays very good football. It caught my attention,” said Fernandez of the Swans.
“I can identify myself with the Swansea style — I like to play the ball from the back and, of course, I love to defend too.
“And I was impressed again last weekend with the team’s performance and result against Manchester United.
“It was a very intelligent performance — the team really took its opportunities and it was a fantastic start to the season.
“I just can’t wait to start training and playing games.”
Fernandez, who will wear squad number 33, is hoping to make his debut in Saturday’s Barclays Premier League fixture against Burnley at the Liberty.
And, having made a big impression at Napoli, he now sets out to become a bit hit with Swans supporters.
“I felt real support from the fans at Napoli so I wanted to thank them for that and I did that via a message on Twitter,” added Fernandez.
“And I now want to thank the Swansea supporters for their very warm messages too. I will do my best on and off the pitch for them.”

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/fernandez-first-interview-1838225.aspx#t

It all sounds very good and this seems an exciting signing. Let's get the others in before the deadline and we should then have a decent size squad. It looks like we have added quality to the squad and without doubt our physical presence will have also improved.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 15:03]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:51 - Aug 20 with 1174 viewsAnotherJohn

Some of the news reports today would have had the long-suffering Swans fans of yester-year rubbing their eyes with disbelief. Swans sign Argentine World Cup star whose team reached the final from leading Serie A side ... hoping to build on 2-1 win at Man Utd last Saturday. Even for somebody of my generation it is almost unbelievable.
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:53 - Aug 20 with 1158 viewsPrivate_Partz

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:51 - Aug 20 by AnotherJohn

Some of the news reports today would have had the long-suffering Swans fans of yester-year rubbing their eyes with disbelief. Swans sign Argentine World Cup star whose team reached the final from leading Serie A side ... hoping to build on 2-1 win at Man Utd last Saturday. Even for somebody of my generation it is almost unbelievable.

Indeed. And long may it continue :-)

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:54 - Aug 20 with 1152 viewsperchrockjack

Don't rub eyes, you ll get cataracts.
We are where we are and those days long gone and never to return

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 15:02 - Aug 20 with 1125 viewsPrivate_Partz

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:54 - Aug 20 by perchrockjack

Don't rub eyes, you ll get cataracts.
We are where we are and those days long gone and never to return

We all hope you are right but you cannot be certain. I remember in the Toshack days leaving the Vetch furious if we lost to anyone in the old First Division. I felt success would last forever only to be brought down with a bump.
There is a thin line between success and failure (failure being relegation) for sides outside the top 7 or so.
The good news is this time we are building an infrastructure as well. There is still lots of work to be some but I must say it is looking very promising at the moment. :-)
[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 15:04]

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 15:08 - Aug 20 with 1108 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:51 - Aug 20 by AnotherJohn

Unbelievable isn't - great post by the way.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 17:46 - Aug 20 with 991 viewsSweyns_Eye

Why does the fee appear to be 'only' £7 or £8 million when Rojo is off to ManU for £16 million - anyone know?

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 18:03 - Aug 20 with 947 viewsOldjack

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:20 - Aug 20 by Private_Partz

I think we will always be an attraction as long as we are a Premier League side. Having said that there is no doubt the standing of the club and the manager can be a big attraction for players.
If things go well for Gary he will be ranked up there with Martinez and Rodgers in a couple of years time no doubt. Another good season in the Prem and I also think we can be ranked as and established top flight club as well.

About bloody time ,nice one

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024