Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 19:02 - Aug 30 with 2295 viewsWizaard

Just onto the train back to Leeds and dwelling over the game and season to date. To be honest, I don't think we're that far away but we consistently gift goals while struggle to create chances while dominating possession. Today followed that template as we had plenty of the ball and made a few chances while Millwall weren't all that but capitalised on their chances.

The first goal summed us up in that we switched off at a crucial time, allowing a simple ball across the box to go unchallenged, meaning a sidefoot effort from the edge of the area flew in.

At the other end, we had chances but never tested the keeper. Second half a relatively easy ball into the box saw us lose possession after Oriol failed to clear. A ball square again saw us leave the man to sidefoot home from close in.

The ineffective Delfueneso and Miller made way for Ranger and Davies and suddenly we started to win a few balls upfront. The booed Ranger then made the game interesting with a good finish but once again we came up short.

I still think Riga isn't too far away, and getting rid now would be the wrong option. Keep the faith and we'll be ok. The big question is does Oyston think the same?
Today on 19:11 - Aug 30 with 2278 viewsrigabeliever

Cheers for that Wizz - always value your judgement and it's pretty much how I saw the last few games - not closing players down whilst not being lethal at the other end. Hopefully a bit of work will sort out the first and some new players should sort out the latter. Don't know why he went with Fonz and Miller after Ranger looked so lively at Wigan.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

Today on 19:11 - Aug 30 with 2278 viewsFixitian

I hope too that Riga realises this. I do however have doubts. I can see us going all out, at home leaving the backdoor wide open.
Today on 19:14 - Aug 30 with 2267 viewsMr_Brightside

Today on 19:11 - Aug 30 by Fixitian

I hope too that Riga realises this. I do however have doubts. I can see us going all out, at home leaving the backdoor wide open.

What I don't understand is that you have real experience with McMahon, Oriol and Clarke in that back four whilst Daniels has had a good education. Surely this isn't about cohesion or training together, closing down is just a basic of the game?

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Today on 20:39 - Aug 30 with 2137 viewsWizaard

Today on 19:14 - Aug 30 by Mr_Brightside

What I don't understand is that you have real experience with McMahon, Oriol and Clarke in that back four whilst Daniels has had a good education. Surely this isn't about cohesion or training together, closing down is just a basic of the game?

The first goal saw the defenders taking their men, but a free run from deep obviously eluded one of the forwards/midfielders who didn't pick up the run.

It's frustrating but as I said, I still think we'll come good and someone will get a hammering.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:39 - Aug 30 with 2137 viewsWizaard

Today on 19:14 - Aug 30 by Mr_Brightside

Today on 21:45 - Aug 30 with 2049 viewsAVFTT

Quick reminder if you'd like to reply to this post, just click on registrar in the top right hand corner if you're currently not a user.

Or click here - registrations takes seconds http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/login/register

This post has been edited by an administrator
Today on 22:06 - Aug 30 with 2024 viewsBloodtangerine

Today on 21:45 - Aug 30 by AVFTT

Quick reminder if you'd like to reply to this post, just click on registrar in the top right hand corner if you're currently not a user.

Or click here - registrations takes seconds http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/login/register

This post has been edited by an administrator

Wiz, your first paragraph describes a team that will be relegated mate

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

Today on 22:12 - Aug 30 with 2012 viewsseasider81

Today on 22:06 - Aug 30 by Bloodtangerine

Wiz, your first paragraph describes a team that will be relegated mate

We will be ok? Yeah right....

You don't lose six out of six games and then suddenly wave a magic wand. We got battered by Brentford at home, that says it all.
Login to get fewer ads

Today on 22:30 - Aug 30 with 2002 viewsTheGhost

Today on 22:12 - Aug 30 by seasider81

We will be ok? Yeah right....

You don't lose six out of six games and then suddenly wave a magic wand. We got battered by Brentford at home, that says it all.

40 games to go and some people have us relegated already! WTF?
Today on 23:01 - Aug 30 with 1980 viewstommytwojags

You're right Wiz. Were not too far away. If only we can start scoring goals and stop letting them in we will be fine. Sadly, Millwall will be in the relegation dogfight so gifting them three points is suicidal.
Today on 00:34 - Aug 31 with 1947 viewsWizaard

Today on 23:01 - Aug 30 by tommytwojags

You're right Wiz. Were not too far away. If only we can start scoring goals and stop letting them in we will be fine. Sadly, Millwall will be in the relegation dogfight so gifting them three points is suicidal.

We're still in August. I refuse to believe that we're doomed.
Today on 08:10 - Aug 31 with 1877 viewsstraightatthewall

Wiz,

Yesterday was my first viewing. From what I heard from others we're improving, which is good to see, but I think Blood calls it right. If you work hard, have lots of possession, but keep conceding soft goals then ultimately, it's not about luck, it's about not being good enough.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Today on 14:00 - Aug 31 with 1740 viewsrealistic

Today on 00:34 - Aug 31 by Wizaard

We're still in August. I refuse to believe that we're doomed.

''quod saveris metes''

Today on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 1714 viewslemongreentea

With the two week break hope Riga can sort out the defence and forwards. I think this side is not far off and retain some optimism.
Today on 19:29 - Aug 31 with 1590 viewsHodderSeasider

Today on 14:26 - Aug 31 by lemongreentea

With the two week break hope Riga can sort out the defence and forwards. I think this side is not far off and retain some optimism.

Rigabeliever he cannot start with Ranger as yet, because he still needs the fitness to last the full 90 minutes!
Today on 19:46 - Aug 31 with 1581 viewsludo_14

Today on 19:29 - Aug 31 by HodderSeasider

Rigabeliever he cannot start with Ranger as yet, because he still needs the fitness to last the full 90 minutes!

I've never been a Davies fan but i thought he and Ranger looked far more dangerous than Fonz and Miller. Might be time to get them two together from the start and hope Davies doesn't break down as he seems to when he gets a run of games.
Today on 20:34 - Aug 31 with 1557 viewsceecyder

Today on 19:46 - Aug 31 by ludo_14

I've never been a Davies fan but i thought he and Ranger looked far more dangerous than Fonz and Miller. Might be time to get them two together from the start and hope Davies doesn't break down as he seems to when he gets a run of games.

Cubero will be available after the international break(?)
Hopefully he will provide some skill and drive to get us winning games.
Today on 21:15 - Aug 31 with 1536 viewsludo_14

Today on 20:34 - Aug 31 by ceecyder

Cubero will be available after the international break(?)
Hopefully he will provide some skill and drive to get us winning games.

Beginning to think we'll never see The Cube pull on the shirt. We need him he'd be an improvement on Perkins or Lundstram who just aint up to it I'm afraid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024