Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland away 14:25 - Sep 4 with 2464 viewsswanatcarlisle

Any Jacks in Cumbria or the borders..........29 Seater coach leaving the Coach and Horses in Carlisle......couple of seat left if anyone is interested. Leaving at 1000 back around 9ish to a karaoke and buffet at the Coach pub stops on the way and back...........
Sunderland away on 14:42 - Sep 4 with 2426 viewsAl_Bundy

Great effort to arrange and nearly fill a coach from that part of the world for the Sunderland game
Sunderland away on 15:04 - Sep 4 with 2406 viewsBLAZE

Surprising how many jacks or 'second team' supporters are up here. Bill is waiting to hear back from Russell Coughlin who's local too

And this seasons must have apparel is currently with the printers ...

Sunderland away on 15:08 - Sep 4 with 2398 viewsswanatcarlisle

Sunderland away on 14:42 - Sep 4 by Al_Bundy

Great effort to arrange and nearly fill a coach from that part of the world for the Sunderland game

Cheers..........usually fill a 16 Seater at least for games if we can get the tickets. Even had a mini bus down to the liberty!
Sunderland away on 15:46 - Sep 4 with 2353 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sunderland away on 15:04 - Sep 4 by BLAZE

Surprising how many jacks or 'second team' supporters are up here. Bill is waiting to hear back from Russell Coughlin who's local too

And this seasons must have apparel is currently with the printers ...

Wow Rusell Coughlin!! I almost feel like driving up for the trip just to meet the great man! One of my favourite players. We used to call him the 'Toby Jug' in an affectionate way. Probably the best passer of a ball I have seen. I would be chuffed if we had him in our side now at the height of his career. One of the nastiest beggars I have ever seen as well. I hope a plate is being polished up for the wall of fame.. . . .
If anyone has any news on him I would be grateful.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sunderland away on 16:01 - Sep 4 with 2330 viewsBLAZE

He lives in Carlisle and I believe works for the Royal Mail now. I've only met him a few times but he's a nice guy. We tried to get him to come down to the Man City game last season (its where he started out his career despite being a fellow Mayhill boy) but he wasn't interested. They'd have probably introduced him to the crowd before the match but he didn't want the fuss
Sunderland away on 16:35 - Sep 4 with 2285 viewsQuakerJack

Are any of you Carlisle Jacks the feller I met at Darlington station on the morning of the league cup final going down to King's Cross by rail?

Either way, what time do you lads get into Sunderland and any ideas around pre match pubs? Few of us coming up from the Teesside area and be good to find a pub with a few jacks in?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Sunderland away on 16:55 - Sep 4 with 2256 viewsBLAZE

The current plan is to stop off at the Denton pub in Newcastle, then down to the ground as we've arranged parking with the away coaches

So unless there's any pubs near the ground (I can't remember?) then we'll probably only head there for kick off and get our fill in Newcastle beforehand
Sunderland away on 09:25 - Sep 5 with 2084 viewsQuakerJack

Sunderland away on 16:55 - Sep 4 by BLAZE

The current plan is to stop off at the Denton pub in Newcastle, then down to the ground as we've arranged parking with the away coaches

So unless there's any pubs near the ground (I can't remember?) then we'll probably only head there for kick off and get our fill in Newcastle beforehand

That's up West Road, leads onto Westgate Road which runs into the centre of Newcastle, at the bottom of that road is a great bar called Tilleys. You're literally two mins walk from Central Station there so metro line to Stadium of Light.

If you're starting in Newcastle it's pointless looking for a pub in Sunderland as you have to pass the stadium, then walk all the way back over the wear bridge to get back to the ground.

edit: you're on a coach aren't you, so metro is irrelevant.

We were thinking of drinking in Newcastle first as Sunderland is a dump, no decent pubs apart from a wetherspoons about 15 mins on foot from the ground. If you're coming into central Newcastle after drinking in the Denton, could meet up.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2014 9:27]

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland away on 10:22 - Sep 5 with 2062 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sunderland away on 16:01 - Sep 4 by BLAZE

He lives in Carlisle and I believe works for the Royal Mail now. I've only met him a few times but he's a nice guy. We tried to get him to come down to the Man City game last season (its where he started out his career despite being a fellow Mayhill boy) but he wasn't interested. They'd have probably introduced him to the crowd before the match but he didn't want the fuss

Thanks Blaze. He does trike me as someone who does not like the fuss which is a bit of a shame. I hope you guys can keep working on him. I am sure he would have a warm reception at the Liberty if he made a pre match appearance.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sunderland away on 14:03 - Sep 6 with 1967 viewsBLAZE

Russ is in! 3 spaces left
Sunderland away on 10:34 - Sep 10 with 1791 viewsBLAZE

Sold out now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024