Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ground or O'Connell...Discuss 22:22 - Sep 6 with 3850 viewsdownunder

If O Connell was "on offer", who on here would use the money earmarked for ground purchase, to get him?
Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 22:24 - Sep 6 with 3835 viewsrkershaw

JOC wins every time or me!! Sign him for say 500K and he will be worth quadruple that in two seasons time!!
Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 22:30 - Sep 6 with 3805 views442Dale

Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 22:24 - Sep 6 by rkershaw

JOC wins every time or me!! Sign him for say 500K and he will be worth quadruple that in two seasons time!!

We should have enough for both. The interest in getting the ground sorted came before we sold Hogan.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 22:30 - Sep 6 with 3806 viewsSuddenLad

Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 22:24 - Sep 6 by rkershaw

Ground every time. Any player, however good is vulnerable to injury. The ground is the security the club needs to bring its' plans to fruition.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 23:33 - Sep 6 with 3653 viewsTiki_Beach

Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 22:30 - Sep 6 by SuddenLad

Ground every time. Any player, however good is vulnerable to injury. The ground is the security the club needs to bring its' plans to fruition.

I'm finding it difficult to understand what the benefits are in obtaining the stadium?

Apart from having control of the Studds and possibly the catering side of things, what other benefits are there for us?

The board have more business nous than myself and I'm sure there are other reasons but what are they?

I would take a guess that JOC's current market value is £500k+, never mind his potential value. Whether the money is there from Hogan or not, that would surely be too much for a club like ours to spend.

Would love it to happen but right now, I'm just delighted to have him back on loan
Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 23:39 - Sep 6 with 3627 viewsSaxonDale

Ground over any player for me. Long term always trumps short term.
Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 01:08 - Sep 7 with 3522 viewsDickster

Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 23:39 - Sep 6 by SaxonDale

Ground over any player for me. Long term always trumps short term.

Ground. Once we own the ground we can sell car parking spots for 10k a pop.
Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 09:04 - Sep 7 with 3361 viewsashes

Ground Every Time!
Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 09:27 - Sep 7 with 3284 viewselectricblue

Was it not mentioned that the money was there before hogan was sold to Brentford to buy the ground back....

Also a cheeky offer of £250k plus incentives is more than enough......
If blackburn rate him so highly he would be on the bench more often and getting more game time...
Venkys have spent a few bob this season and will want to recoup some of that back....
Get in there and make the offer...
As for buying the ground back, it could drag on for yrs before that happens....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 10:14 - Sep 7 with 3211 viewsSandyman

Ground.

The excellent Jack O'Connell if for a few seasons one hopes. The ground is forever.
Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 11:51 - Sep 7 with 3132 viewsThacks_Rabbits

I very much doubt Blackburn would sell him even if we offered a million - unless they had a deal to buy him back at a set fee if and whenever they wanted, then it could be possible, but there would be little benefit in that for them so loan suits all party's anyway.

Would say the only chance we have of signing Jack is if he requested a transfer in order to join Dale on full time basis but really can't see it tbh or if suddenly Blackburn take a fancy to one of our players and use Jack as a bargaining chip.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ground or O'Connell...Discuss on 12:36 - Sep 7 with 3103 viewsRooleyblue

Ground = chance to increase revenue.
Dale could have full control over Advertising in the stadium, boards etc...
Catering kiosks
Commercial activities at the stadium, business meetings etc...
Rental for phone companies to use the floodlight masts

I am sure there are very many, many more that Mr Dunphy and co have in mind that would benefit the club and create future revenue.

If I had to split every bit of revenue (except gate receipts) with the council and RFL then I would not have the same desire or want to put in the hard work to acquire it.

This may be the reason for the lack of commercial activity within the club, which is so often discussed on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024