Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shelvey's yellow cards... 11:25 - Sep 25 with 1956 viewsCTB184

Is anybody else concerned about Shelvey's disciplinary record? He's accrued 4 yellow cards so far and so is only 1 away from a match ban. Just seems he's gotten quite a few in a short space of time.

Hoping he'll mellow out over the course of the season though I guess we're lucky we have a player who is happy to get stuck in to a challenge. Something for him to work on?

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 11:36 - Sep 25 with 1933 viewsbuilthjack

Won't be long til he gets the 5th and a ban. Then he will start the ball rolling for the next 5.
Needs to have a bit more discipline. But then are you taking away his eagerness.
Hard one to call.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 11:43 - Sep 25 with 1913 viewsscottishjack

His aggression is a part of his game, I think he was as surprised as anyone that he didn't get a yellow in the 1st half against Everton, but that challenge was a case of taking one for the team.

If Garry Monk isn't too concerned then neither am I...
Shelvey's yellow cards... on 12:02 - Sep 25 with 1857 viewsJackFish

I hope he doesn't get a yellow at Sunderland because then he'll miss the Newcastle game, and Leon won't be back by then leaving us with just Ki and Carroll for CM.
Shelvey's yellow cards... on 13:10 - Sep 25 with 1749 viewsCTB184

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 12:02 - Sep 25 by JackFish

I hope he doesn't get a yellow at Sunderland because then he'll miss the Newcastle game, and Leon won't be back by then leaving us with just Ki and Carroll for CM.

Yeah I would say this is a definite concern. If he misses one match it's not a big issue but with Leon out as well it's definitely not ideal. Especially where the next few fixtures we can really pick up some easier points.

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 13:33 - Sep 25 with 1699 viewsicecoldjack

He ain't the most intelligent of footballers that's for sure !

He will no doubt make sure his cards and ban are done in time to face Liverpool though.
Shelvey's yellow cards... on 13:43 - Sep 25 with 1674 viewskarnataka

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 13:10 - Sep 25 by CTB184

Yeah I would say this is a definite concern. If he misses one match it's not a big issue but with Leon out as well it's definitely not ideal. Especially where the next few fixtures we can really pick up some easier points.

Agree this really is the issue. Over the course of a season, most players will pick up yellows and a ban and/or getting knocks and the problem we have is we've only got 4 first choice midfielders for 3 positions which is just not enough as there will probably be several situations when 2 of them are unavailable between now and next May.
Shelvey's yellow cards... on 13:57 - Sep 25 with 1643 viewsTheFranchise

Pratley used to be the same, I even remember either Rodgers or Martinez saying it was a position that was prone to collecting yellows.
Shelvey's yellow cards... on 15:34 - Sep 25 with 1557 viewsJohnw102

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 12:02 - Sep 25 by JackFish

Carroll in for JJS is not the end of the world, thought he played well on Tuesday night, play KI as more DM with TC in front of him should be OK IMO Carroll has a great future and will in 3/4 years time be a top class mid-fielder.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Login to get fewer ads

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 15:45 - Sep 25 with 1535 viewsNeath_Jack

It's the age old cliche, but if you take the aggression out of his game he wouldn't be the player he is now. See Roy Keane, Bodde etc.

At least it'll be another stick for some to have a go at him over though, so not all bad.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 16:17 - Sep 25 with 1488 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Love his aggressiveness. I'm mostly concerned about the particularly dumb yellows he gets, like when he kicked the ball after picking up an obvious foul. Forget which game that was in.

I was surprised that Ki came in for Carroll instead of Jonjo against Everton, since Jonjo had the yellow already.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 16:45 - Sep 25 with 1446 viewsScoobyWho

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 11:43 - Sep 25 by scottishjack

His aggression is a part of his game, I think he was as surprised as anyone that he didn't get a yellow in the 1st half against Everton, but that challenge was a case of taking one for the team.

If Garry Monk isn't too concerned then neither am I...

Garry is doing all the worrying for everyone, no worries

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 16:57 - Sep 25 with 1428 viewsnantywatcher

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 13:33 - Sep 25 by icecoldjack

He ain't the most intelligent of footballers that's for sure !

He will no doubt make sure his cards and ban are done in time to face Liverpool though.

Unnessessary comment. He has a fantastic football brain, his vision and awareness at times are international class. As for Carrol - if he spent more time playing the game rather than pointing at everyone else to do something, hardened up considerably, and put in much more effort he could be one for the future. Very unsure of him at the moment.
Shelvey's yellow cards... on 18:12 - Sep 25 with 1359 viewsbargoedjack

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 15:34 - Sep 25 by Johnw102

Carroll in for JJS is not the end of the world, thought he played well on Tuesday night, play KI as more DM with TC in front of him should be OK IMO Carroll has a great future and will in 3/4 years time be a top class mid-fielder.

Fulton's another option at DM ... depends how he's going in training ...
Shelvey's yellow cards... on 23:57 - Sep 25 with 1213 viewsTNT

It seems it's ok to lament about Bodde's aggression (even drool over the Evil Genius). Similarly, nobody seems to want the aggression taken out of Jonjo's game. Yet, Bony was absolutely crucified by Swans fans after his indiscretions last Saturday.

Seems a tad unfair to me.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Shelvey's yellow cards... on 10:15 - Sep 26 with 1133 viewsdameedna

Fulton is a bit tasty as well
We need that but not the antics like kicking the ball away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024