Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 permanent signings announced 17:39 - Sep 29 with 4078 viewstonysoprano

Andre Blackman a winger and Formose Mendy a midfielder . Both a year with an option as usual . Mendy subject to international clearance .
2 permanent signings announced on 17:45 - Sep 29 with 3294 viewsFountain

Which Mendy is it? There are two- one's a midfielder the other a Belgian CB.

slap me on the patio

2 permanent signings announced on 17:45 - Sep 29 with 3294 viewsPoolman

Very interesting. Hopefully Blackman will be available for tomorrow along with Clarke to give us a boost

Blackpool FC can confirm the signings of Andre Blackman and Formose Mendy on free transfers.

Blackman, 23, has been on trial at Bloomfield Road in recent weeks, and has signed a deal until the end of the season, with the option of a further 12 months.

The winger came through the youth system at both Arsenal and Tottenham, and has since played for the likes of AFC Wimbledon and Celtic.

On signing, Blackman said: "I have to work hard now and show the manager I'm ready to play a part at Blackpool.

"I've been lucky to have had a good schooling of football from when I was young, so I'd like to bring that here.”

Midfielder Mendy played for the likes of Puertollano and Sporting Gijon in Spain, and has one international cap for Guinea-Bissau.

The 25-year-old has also agreed a deal until the end of the season, with an option of a further year.

The pair's transfers are both subject to Football League clearance, while Mendy's move is also subject to international clearance.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

2 permanent signings announced on 17:47 - Sep 29 with 3283 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

2 permanent signings announced on 17:45 - Sep 29 by Fountain

Which Mendy is it? There are two- one's a midfielder the other a Belgian CB.

It's the Guinea-Bissau midfielder.

I'd spent all weekend thinking it was Arnaud Mendy - phew!!

Edit to add : I believe another midfield player from Europe may come in on loan.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 17:49]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

2 permanent signings announced on 17:49 - Sep 29 with 3277 viewsMyMoney_MySayPart2

Unproven and unambitious move from the club and done on the cheap, as usual.

Nothing to see here.
2 permanent signings announced on 17:55 - Sep 29 with 3253 viewsFountain

2 permanent signings announced on 17:47 - Sep 29 by basilrobbiereborn

It's the Guinea-Bissau midfielder.

I'd spent all weekend thinking it was Arnaud Mendy - phew!!

Edit to add : I believe another midfield player from Europe may come in on loan.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2014 17:49]

Can we sign a loan from abroad?

slap me on the patio

2 permanent signings announced on 17:57 - Sep 29 with 3244 viewschesterbfc

2 permanent signings announced on 17:49 - Sep 29 by MyMoney_MySayPart2

Unproven and unambitious move from the club and done on the cheap, as usual.

Nothing to see here.

Back to my theme, who,s pick? will Jose come out and put his name behind these signings???
2 permanent signings announced on 17:57 - Sep 29 with 3244 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

2 permanent signings announced on 17:55 - Sep 29 by Fountain

Can we sign a loan from abroad?

Not sure Founts. I was assuming it was a loan, but could be wrong.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

2 permanent signings announced on 18:12 - Sep 29 with 3196 viewsOrmerod89

2 permanent signings announced on 17:57 - Sep 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Not sure Founts. I was assuming it was a loan, but could be wrong.

Chesterbfc - surely if he didn't want these players he won't play them? Can't help feeling that's what's happened to the likes of Barks, Grant etc - not his and doesn't fancy them?

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

2 permanent signings announced on 18:13 - Sep 29 with 3191 viewsWindyMiller

Why have we not just got 2 Prem bodies in on loan for two games rather than again get players who might not be available until after the next two crucial games? Don't get it!!

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

2 permanent signings announced on 18:36 - Sep 29 with 3135 viewsBedfordseasider

2 permanent signings announced on 18:13 - Sep 29 by WindyMiller

Why have we not just got 2 Prem bodies in on loan for two games rather than again get players who might not be available until after the next two crucial games? Don't get it!!

Given the past form of the new club secretary I'm wondering how long it will be before either are able to play
2 permanent signings announced on 18:38 - Sep 29 with 3130 viewsSince1967

This is dreadful. Two, players with no pedigree or track record at all. Typical. Blackpool. Stand by the the 'give them a chance' threads
2 permanent signings announced on 18:39 - Sep 29 with 3127 viewsOldSkool

2 free transfers!
Well I never
2 permanent signings announced on 18:47 - Sep 29 with 3095 viewshertfordseasider

2 permanent signings announced on 18:39 - Sep 29 by OldSkool

2 free transfers!
Well I never

Come on, I like to give players a chance but we are in a real mess at the moment and need 4 or 5 high quality loans from PL clubs. What do we get? a player who last season played for and couldn't get a deal at Plymouth, Dover and Maidenhead and another who comes from 2 leagues below La Liga??

It is utterly depressing and very very wrong.
2 permanent signings announced on 18:49 - Sep 29 with 3087 viewschesterbfc

2 permanent signings announced on 18:39 - Sep 29 by OldSkool

2 free transfers!
Well I never

Don't knock the free bit, all loans are free ,just wages to pay ,please vtell me who,s choice?
2 permanent signings announced on 18:52 - Sep 29 with 3080 viewshertfordseasider

2 permanent signings announced on 18:49 - Sep 29 by chesterbfc

Don't knock the free bit, all loans are free ,just wages to pay ,please vtell me who,s choice?

They aren't loans, they are out of contract players signed on one year deals with the usual 1 year option. We could be in a situation come June when we actually have no players whatsoever!
2 permanent signings announced on 19:08 - Sep 29 with 3033 viewsbfcpete

2 permanent signings announced on 18:52 - Sep 29 by hertfordseasider

They aren't loans, they are out of contract players signed on one year deals with the usual 1 year option. We could be in a situation come June when we actually have no players whatsoever!

Where are the CB, right back, right winger and most important the scoring striker we need. 2 or 3 good quality and experienced loans needed
2 permanent signings announced on 19:10 - Sep 29 with 3021 viewsAVFTT

Few thoughts below

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/blackpool/news/36406
2 permanent signings announced on 19:13 - Sep 29 with 3005 viewsstraightatthewall

2 permanent signings announced on 19:08 - Sep 29 by bfcpete

Where are the CB, right back, right winger and most important the scoring striker we need. 2 or 3 good quality and experienced loans needed

Chester,

I'm pretty sure Riga has been banging down Karl's door demanding he sign a 23 year old with almost no football league experience.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

2 permanent signings announced on 19:15 - Sep 29 with 3000 viewstangerinesteve

2 permanent signings announced on 18:36 - Sep 29 by Bedfordseasider

Given the past form of the new club secretary I'm wondering how long it will be before either are able to play

Agree with you Beds. Could be Available for the Home with Huddersfield
2 permanent signings announced on 19:18 - Sep 29 with 2988 viewsrigabeliever

2 permanent signings announced on 19:15 - Sep 29 by tangerinesteve

Agree with you Beds. Could be Available for the Home with Huddersfield

I do wonder if Riga is trying to prove a point with these signings? Cheap, no ambition, unknowns, unlikely to change our fortunes and will be questioned by fans?

Is Riga playing a clever game or does he genuinely believe these players will make a difference?

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

2 permanent signings announced on 19:30 - Sep 29 with 2953 viewsclarkestattoo

2 permanent signings announced on 19:18 - Sep 29 by rigabeliever

I do wonder if Riga is trying to prove a point with these signings? Cheap, no ambition, unknowns, unlikely to change our fortunes and will be questioned by fans?

Is Riga playing a clever game or does he genuinely believe these players will make a difference?

"Where are the CB, right back, right winger and most important the scoring striker we need. 2 or 3 good quality and experienced loans needed"

Very rare that loans are ever good quality and experienced sadly.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

2 permanent signings announced on 19:32 - Sep 29 with 2953 viewschesterbfc

2 permanent signings announced on 19:13 - Sep 29 by straightatthewall

Chester,

I'm pretty sure Riga has been banging down Karl's door demanding he sign a 23 year old with almost no football league experience.

Satw Well you seem to be more in the "know" than me, I,m just a umble supporter so I will say probably not, but then I don't know and you do.
2 permanent signings announced on 19:41 - Sep 29 with 2941 viewsstraightatthewall

2 permanent signings announced on 19:32 - Sep 29 by chesterbfc

Satw Well you seem to be more in the "know" than me, I,m just a umble supporter so I will say probably not, but then I don't know and you do.

Chester,

I know as little as you mate.

But my choices are simple.

I can either believe that a manager wants this player because he thinks a 23 year old free agent with virtually no league experience is perfect for a club at the bottom of the championship or I can believe that the manager is faced with very little choice BUT to take him on as its him or nothing.

Which of the 2 sounds more believable?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

2 permanent signings announced on 20:31 - Sep 29 with 2898 viewsSeasider91

2 permanent signings announced on 19:41 - Sep 29 by straightatthewall

Chester,

I can either believe that a manager wants this player because he thinks a 23 year old free agent with virtually no league experience is perfect for a club at the bottom of the championship or I can believe that the manager is faced with very little choice BUT to take him on as its him or nothing.

I have a feeling Blackman might be another Noel Blake recommendation from Englands youth set up.

"We shall take baby steps up the league" Ian Holloway in July 2009

2 permanent signings announced on 20:36 - Sep 29 with 2896 viewschesterbfc

2 permanent signings announced on 19:41 - Sep 29 by straightatthewall

Chester,

Satw If I was a man of principles which you obviously think Jose is,then I would have publicly come out and spoken about my inability to manage the club for the fans that I love, Jose,s words ,not mine. But in the words of a well known 60,s song Silence is Golden. I don't believe that is going to happen. Therefore Jose could well be the yes man you don't want him to be
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024