Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More letters to the Editor 20:57 - Oct 12 with 1496 viewsEGP

We've had a great response from Dale fans! Keep them coming in on the pm's. We think there was some confusion on the top tips thread. These letters/top tips are your writings....

Dear Editor,

I wonder if any of your readers had a worse day than me when we lost at home to Bradford. When I got home, my home wasn’t there! It had been smashed by a big white ball and was lying all over the floor. Beat that for bad luck.

Ms. A Bird, A Tree, Denehurst Park.

Dear Editor,

I don’t know what they feed the players at Spotland or what sports drinks they pour down the players’ throats, but it’s playing havoc with my husband’s hair. Can you have a word (with him)?

Mrs T Kennedy, Greenmount

Dear Editor,

I’ve found a set of fans more deluded than bury’s! Did they really think they were getting a prolific goal scorer for just £15,000?

G. Donnelly, Birkenhead

Dear Editor,

At the recent Walsall JPT match I was astonished to find the Sandy Lane turnstiles were closed, meaning I had to sit in Pearl Street. When it comes to stand closures, why don’t they shut the Main Stand and make the moaners and Directors stand up behind the net? They’ve never thought of that I bet, but then again, it’s one rule for one Dale fan, and another rule for other Dale fans.

Jim Delsey, Hamer

Dear Editor,

I was alarmed at paying £1.50 for my JPT Walsall matchday programme. The 16 page issue works out at a whopping 9p per page. However, the league issues cost £3, meaning the 76 page issue works out at less than 4p per page. Surely, the Walsall programme should therefore have cost me 63p? I won’t be buying another JPT programme this season, but I’d like to add that the League programme is excellent value for money in comparison.

Mr T Vos, Littleborough

Dear Editor,

I visited Spotland for the first time ever recently, when my team, Bristol City earned a point in a 1-1 draw. I’ve been in your neck of the woods before when we’ve played at bury, Oldham, and Stockport. Imagine my surprise to find a really well run little club with a decent playing surface. It made a really nice change from previous visits to other clubs in your locale.

Tony Robin, Bristol

Dear Editor,

In response to Tony’s letter, I think he’s talking rubbish. Stockport don’t have a football club. Or they didn’t last time I looked.

Mr J Cooke, Cleckheaton

Dear Editor,

I noticed in a recent Observer, a picture of Rochdale Town in action. I was surprised to see they were wearing Dale’s kit, even with the same sponsor and crest as Dale wear. This has to be in breach of the rules? Also, if Dale drew Rochdale Town away in the FA Cup, the game would be switched to Spotland, but who would wear which kit? This hasn’t been thought out very well has it?

Mr. Smith, Norden

Dear Editor

I was delighted to have the Sandy Lane End of the ground all to myself at the recent JPT game v Walsall. It was a clever ruse of mine to put it out that the end was going to be closed to store new floodlight equipment when in reality it was just me being selfish.

Mr U Kip, Skipton

Dear Editor

Why did the half-time challenge not take place at the recent home game v Barnsley? Don’t Dale fans want to win wood vouchers or something?

Yours

J Stone, Glasgow

Dear Editor

I keep getting a lob-on when I see bury have had a bigger attendance than Rochdale. I've even taken to posting on the Rochdale message board to wind them up about it. It amuses me whilst I’m watching basement division football, and helps me chill out, and feel better about myself, after losing to Wimbledon.

P Dale, Mongville

Dear Editor,

I moved from The Sandy to the Main Stand for the Walsall JPT game. God it was awful. No leg room, boring people behind me. And that tannoy is so loud it nearly blew my wig off. What a terrible experience it was. Can they not turn the speakers down so we are spared a horrible Manc voice and even worse music? I couldn’t bear it in there every match.
Mr F. N. Season

They write themselves!

More letters to the Editor on 21:11 - Oct 12 with 1457 views442Dale

Don't think that wasn't noticed. You can bet they preferred wearing the previous season's kit.

Answer: We'd change to our away kit. As we did in the last FA Cup tie at Spotland.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

More letters to the Editor on 23:29 - Oct 12 with 1344 viewsRosun

Is Jaime Allen related to Keith Allen? And is Keith Allen really Keith Hill? Therfore Jaime Allen is really Lily Hill?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024