Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS 17:23 - Oct 19 with 1891 views1953Original

VHS would be a welcome addition to debate on here someone should invite him .. he dares to ask the unthinkable!!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 17:29 - Oct 19 with 1476 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Riga is Teflon as far as most of our fans are concerned and can absolutely do no wrong (mainly because he's stood up to Karl), however he has made mistakes and he has shown that sometime he makes the wrong choices. The worst for me was at Wigan where he placed Rentmeister in no man's land.

Is he the man to get us out of this? I'd say he's the best option at the moment but as someone said on here on Friday, our players all need to be playing at 100% and yesterday there weren't many who could say they put in a full shift.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 1441 viewsCurryman

I'll ask him if he will consider your request 1953, but feel I know the answer already.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:08 - Oct 19 with 1438 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 17:29 - Oct 19 by Happy_Satsuma

Riga is Teflon as far as most of our fans are concerned and can absolutely do no wrong (mainly because he's stood up to Karl), however he has made mistakes and he has shown that sometime he makes the wrong choices. The worst for me was at Wigan where he placed Rentmeister in no man's land.

Is he the man to get us out of this? I'd say he's the best option at the moment but as someone said on here on Friday, our players all need to be playing at 100% and yesterday there weren't many who could say they put in a full shift.

I'm reluctant to criticise him when he's doing what we all know to be a difficult job. He's got them playing some nice looking football too.

However, that shouldn't entitle him to a free pass, and I have to say I haven't seen any real evidence of tactical acumen so far, especially in the use of substitutes. But it is early days.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:27 - Oct 19 with 1414 viewsPlumbs

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:08 - Oct 19 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm reluctant to criticise him when he's doing what we all know to be a difficult job. He's got them playing some nice looking football too.

However, that shouldn't entitle him to a free pass, and I have to say I haven't seen any real evidence of tactical acumen so far, especially in the use of substitutes. But it is early days.

I seem to recall the stick that McMahon and Hendry got when they were bringing in 'bargain bucket' players who never made the grade.
Wellens lost interest and was replaced by John Doolan, and Macca showed what a difference a bit of quality with some of the loans (Douglas and Danns anyone?)

It was never the Oystons fault though was it?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 18:27]

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:35 - Oct 19 with 1397 viewsFountain

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:27 - Oct 19 by Plumbs

I seem to recall the stick that McMahon and Hendry got when they were bringing in 'bargain bucket' players who never made the grade.
Wellens lost interest and was replaced by John Doolan, and Macca showed what a difference a bit of quality with some of the loans (Douglas and Danns anyone?)

It was never the Oystons fault though was it?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 18:27]

Never was, never will be for some of our 'fans'.

Even Macca and Hendog inherited players, this guy has been dealt the shittiest hand I can ever remember as a pool fan.

Those who question Riga are out of order. We have no idea what he can do because he's not been backed. And these same morons questioning Riga were the same morons who'd say 'give him the next window to make his mark'. Well you can't have it both ways, unless it suits a pro-Oyston agenda.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 18:37]

slap me on the patio

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:47 - Oct 19 with 1380 viewsSouthshorepool

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:35 - Oct 19 by Fountain

Never was, never will be for some of our 'fans'.

Even Macca and Hendog inherited players, this guy has been dealt the shittiest hand I can ever remember as a pool fan.

Those who question Riga are out of order. We have no idea what he can do because he's not been backed. And these same morons questioning Riga were the same morons who'd say 'give him the next window to make his mark'. Well you can't have it both ways, unless it suits a pro-Oyston agenda.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 18:37]

He has been dealt a shyte hand but his team selection was just wrong yesterday. I hope he's learnt from it for Tuesday.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:56 - Oct 19 with 1363 views20togo

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:47 - Oct 19 by Southshorepool

He has been dealt a shyte hand but his team selection was just wrong yesterday. I hope he's learnt from it for Tuesday.

there isn't a manager going who hasn't got his team selection wrong on more than one occasion. Yesteray, Riga did that but quickly recognised the fact an rectified it.

For me, as it stans Riga is still pretty much beyond criticism. I doubt this squad is anything like the one he envisaged putting together. The buck here firmly stops with KO.

I'm afraid KO is all talk when it comes to bring quality to BR. It's ACTION we need from him.
An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:59 - Oct 19 with 1357 viewsFountain

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:47 - Oct 19 by Southshorepool

Wrong?

He picked Clark. I would not have then again I'm no Clark fan, but arguably he's been our best player this season, so you go with the manager. He has no choice over the LB and with Zoko, you have a choice really.

The midfield is where the problem lies and here he had NO choice, Deprived of Cubero, Orlandi (it seems) and Mellis he has to play the 2 pygmies and I'll put a pound to a penny and say whilst Perkins and Lundstrom play in the same team we won't win 1 in 10 games.

slap me on the patio

Login to get fewer ads

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 19:21 - Oct 19 with 1327 viewsfamousgrouse

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 17:29 - Oct 19 by Happy_Satsuma

The relationship between manager and Chairman is so tenuous that things will not improve until it is broken. KO is unlikely to concede and therefore it is Riga who must go if we are to make any progress. Quite who we would get is anyone's guess, but there must be some ex-managers out there who are looking to get back in the game. An appointment would allow an opportunity for an assessment of what we need with a view to making some effective signings (loans) before January and then full signings in the January Transfer window.
KO has said that on average there are 10 players every day wanting to come to Blackpool. What he didn't clarify is whether they are 10 different players each day or the same 10, nor was there any indication that they were any good! I suspect the latter and the manager does not want them.
There are also difficulties in coaching and scouting matters and we do not seem to be staffing up to allow time for potential recruits to be watched. I would have hoped that during the international break all senior members of the management team were deployed to watch either international matches or League 1 and 2 matches. Judging by the lack of much improvement in the playing squad I suspect that very little took place. I hope I am proved wrong.
An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 19:21 - Oct 19 with 1327 viewsFountain

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:56 - Oct 19 by 20togo

there isn't a manager going who hasn't got his team selection wrong on more than one occasion. Yesteray, Riga did that but quickly recognised the fact an rectified it.

For me, as it stans Riga is still pretty much beyond criticism. I doubt this squad is anything like the one he envisaged putting together. The buck here firmly stops with KO.

I'm afraid KO is all talk when it comes to bring quality to BR. It's ACTION we need from him.

20's agree with that.

Many know where the buck stops, many more cannot grasp simple realism.

It is that that will kill the Club; death from within.

slap me on the patio

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 20:05 - Oct 19 with 1275 viewsPlumbs

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 19:21 - Oct 19 by Fountain

20's agree with that.

Many know where the buck stops, many more cannot grasp simple realism.

It is that that will kill the Club; death from within.

Well said 20s and le Fount.Its easy to criticise someone when the team has lost but sometimes things dont work out in football. Its also dead easy to say what would have worked but in reality those suggestions might not have worked either.

Crainey was a loyal and consistent performer for Blackpool but didnt get the contract that deserved,and would have been ideal as back up if not first choice.

Never the Oystons fault and once again the same clique is quick to jump down the managers throat (rolls eyes)

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 20:40 - Oct 19 with 1255 viewsAVFTTConvert

Be great to see VHS on here - coming together of the AVFTT 'great minds' - funny when you look at the 'views' that clearly plenty of Blackpool fans are getting plenty of enjoyment out of this site even though they're not posting - maybe feel intimidated by debate which isn't slating anyone!

All of that aside I think Riga is trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear and he's made a few mistakes, in my opinion, but it doing an admirable job in the circumstances.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 22:42 - Oct 20 with 1133 viewstangerinedom

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 20:40 - Oct 19 by AVFTTConvert

Be great to see VHS on here - coming together of the AVFTT 'great minds' - funny when you look at the 'views' that clearly plenty of Blackpool fans are getting plenty of enjoyment out of this site even though they're not posting - maybe feel intimidated by debate which isn't slating anyone!

All of that aside I think Riga is trying to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear and he's made a few mistakes, in my opinion, but it doing an admirable job in the circumstances.

There is just something about Riga which disappoints me. His style of football, the players he's brought in (and yes we know he hasn't been well supported but these players won't be on peanuts) and just the way we've not really gelled as a side and still are on one win from thirteen games. Not many managers would survive that and despite the circumstances he has to get some wins soon or I feel KO will make the inevitable decision.
An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 09:03 - Oct 21 with 1074 viewsHappy_Satsuma

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 22:42 - Oct 20 by tangerinedom

There is just something about Riga which disappoints me. His style of football, the players he's brought in (and yes we know he hasn't been well supported but these players won't be on peanuts) and just the way we've not really gelled as a side and still are on one win from thirteen games. Not many managers would survive that and despite the circumstances he has to get some wins soon or I feel KO will make the inevitable decision.

Whatever happens he'll leave a hero - could be the strangest departure ever if he's still only won one game and Blackpool fans mourn his loss!!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 09:48 - Oct 21 with 1057 viewsstraightatthewall

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 22:42 - Oct 20 by tangerinedom

I'm with VHS on this one. How Riga hasn't fashioned a winning side from the collection of superstars available to him, I'll never know. He's clearly not the miracle worker some thought he was. Karl needs to get shot and find a new miracle worker. There's bound to be one out there somewhere.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 10:19 - Oct 21 with 1039 viewsCMG1958

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 09:48 - Oct 21 by straightatthewall

I'm with VHS on this one. How Riga hasn't fashioned a winning side from the collection of superstars available to him, I'll never know. He's clearly not the miracle worker some thought he was. Karl needs to get shot and find a new miracle worker. There's bound to be one out there somewhere.

I agree, SAT. VHS got it right. Sad but true.

Just a plastic glory hunter.

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 10:29 - Oct 21 with 1033 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 18:06 - Oct 19 by Curryman

I'll ask him if he will consider your request 1953, but feel I know the answer already.

Curryman, if he reads this thread (which he probably has done) then I suspect I know the answer as well. From my brief contact with him it is clear that VHS would not take kindly to being called a moron for simply asking a question and ignoring taboos.

Debate is fine and to be encouraged. Mindless insults of people with views that may differ from yours or ask questions that you're not comfortable with, simply because they hold those views or ask those questions, is not.
An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 12:45 - Oct 21 with 997 viewsTangent

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 15:37 - Oct 21 with 916 viewsTejas

I think VHS makes a very good point and at a normal club, under normal circumstances this question would be under much more debate. However, as some others have said, for a great many (including me by the way) Riga is indeed bullet-proof due to his stand against the Chairman. I also happen to believe that given the right level of support he's a fantastic manager at this level. Although, I do understand that there are still supporters who are so totally resigned to the Oyston's that they feel Riga must go before things will change (because Oyston is going nowhere). Sadly I'm starting to believe that I'm thinking with my heart and they're thinking with their heads.
An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 16:39 - Oct 21 with 895 viewsfamousgrouse

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 15:37 - Oct 21 by Tejas

I think VHS makes a very good point and at a normal club, under normal circumstances this question would be under much more debate. However, as some others have said, for a great many (including me by the way) Riga is indeed bullet-proof due to his stand against the Chairman. I also happen to believe that given the right level of support he's a fantastic manager at this level. Although, I do understand that there are still supporters who are so totally resigned to the Oyston's that they feel Riga must go before things will change (because Oyston is going nowhere). Sadly I'm starting to believe that I'm thinking with my heart and they're thinking with their heads.

Tejus - I am not a pro Oystonite but a realist, having watched and digested Oyston's actions and words over the past years I know that they will only move over when the time (and price) is right for them. The current set-up is not working, there is no apparent scouting and recruitment structure, and therefore little prospect of an influx of quality players. The only thing that can change is the manager, whether he leaves by his own volition or by becoming a casualty of the results, it needs to happen soon or there will be no time left to pick up and get away from the relegation zone. I do not hold Riga responsible for our position at the moment, but if we continue in the present situation then I would consider that he is contributing to exacerbate the situation.
An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 16:43 - Oct 21 with 889 viewsFountain

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 16:39 - Oct 21 by famousgrouse

Tejus - I am not a pro Oystonite but a realist, having watched and digested Oyston's actions and words over the past years I know that they will only move over when the time (and price) is right for them. The current set-up is not working, there is no apparent scouting and recruitment structure, and therefore little prospect of an influx of quality players. The only thing that can change is the manager, whether he leaves by his own volition or by becoming a casualty of the results, it needs to happen soon or there will be no time left to pick up and get away from the relegation zone. I do not hold Riga responsible for our position at the moment, but if we continue in the present situation then I would consider that he is contributing to exacerbate the situation.

Losing Riga won't help in the slightest. In fact, the opposite because despite everything the players are trying for him. With the likelihood of no investment would those players play for any new man? I doubt it to start at least.

Blaming Riga is akin to blaming a flat tyre for your engine blowing up.

Tackle the cause not the symptom.

slap me on the patio

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 16:44 - Oct 21 with 889 viewsTejas

Famousgrouse. I would struggle to disagree with your post.
An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 16:46 - Oct 21 with 885 viewsFountain

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 16:44 - Oct 21 by Tejas

Famousgrouse. I would struggle to disagree with your post.

OK Riga leaves. What next?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 16:46]

slap me on the patio

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 16:56 - Oct 21 with 871 viewsTangent

Ok lets say Riga either leaves or is sacked by text and we bring in another manager. If the results don't improve who are you going to blame then? The next manager? or the next? The problems lie elsewhere.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 16:58]

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 17:01 - Oct 21 with 862 viewsFountain

An interesting 'unthinkable' tweet from VHS on 16:56 - Oct 21 by Tangent

Ok lets say Riga either leaves or is sacked by text and we bring in another manager. If the results don't improve who are you going to blame then? The next manager? or the next? The problems lie elsewhere.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 16:58]

tangent, exactly.

slap me on the patio

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024