Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrating 08:05 - Oct 22 with 1189 viewsrigabeliever

Another team who are in the top six who didn't embarrass us and yet we got nothing from. You can go through the entire top six and none of them have shown us up and yet we've got 3 points from 18.

Riga needs to be tapping in to the loans market sooner rather than later and bring in a striker who can take the chances we are creating.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

Frustrating on 08:14 - Oct 22 with 1186 viewsHappy_Satsuma

On the flip side of that has there been any team yet who you've thought were 'blooming' awful' because that's what most opposition fans are saying about us when they leave our ground.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Frustrating on 08:17 - Oct 22 with 1185 viewsclarkestattoo

Frustrating on 08:14 - Oct 22 by Happy_Satsuma

On the flip side of that has there been any team yet who you've thought were 'blooming' awful' because that's what most opposition fans are saying about us when they leave our ground.

I think Riga can see what the problem is ... just depends if he knows which players will change our fortunes and if KOKO will back him?

"We had the first opportunity to score and they got some opportunities in the first-half, but I think we had the best. It's another story when you can take the lead, as we did against Cardiff for example," he said.

"The second-half was more difficult because they made some changes and they had some people on the bench who were able to make the difference. We also had some opportunities so we were not only spectators, we were part of the game."

The clinical aspect of Blackpool's game is currently missing, with Riga seeing enough to suggest that the players are doing plenty of other things right.

"If I look at the statistics, we have a lot of opportunities in all our games and today we maybe faced one of the best teams in terms of playing and everything.

"You can have the ball, you can create opportunities and you can score, but scoring goals is about experience, quality and decisive players. We need some more leaders, not only Perkins, Tony McMahon, Peter Clarke and Joe Lewis who is doing well."

Blackpool's reaction following Saturday's defeat to Huddersfield did please the manager, although more will be required moving forward.

"What was pleasing was the reaction because it was like two different teams but it wasn't enough. At some key moments in the game you have to be effective because that's when you can make the difference," he added.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Frustrating on 09:42 - Oct 22 with 1164 viewsTwoPhillips

Frustrating on 08:17 - Oct 22 by clarkestattoo

I think Riga can see what the problem is ... just depends if he knows which players will change our fortunes and if KOKO will back him?

"We had the first opportunity to score and they got some opportunities in the first-half, but I think we had the best. It's another story when you can take the lead, as we did against Cardiff for example," he said.

"The second-half was more difficult because they made some changes and they had some people on the bench who were able to make the difference. We also had some opportunities so we were not only spectators, we were part of the game."

The clinical aspect of Blackpool's game is currently missing, with Riga seeing enough to suggest that the players are doing plenty of other things right.

"If I look at the statistics, we have a lot of opportunities in all our games and today we maybe faced one of the best teams in terms of playing and everything.

"You can have the ball, you can create opportunities and you can score, but scoring goals is about experience, quality and decisive players. We need some more leaders, not only Perkins, Tony McMahon, Peter Clarke and Joe Lewis who is doing well."

Blackpool's reaction following Saturday's defeat to Huddersfield did please the manager, although more will be required moving forward.

"What was pleasing was the reaction because it was like two different teams but it wasn't enough. At some key moments in the game you have to be effective because that's when you can make the difference," he added.

The thing that every other team has which we don't is just that bit of extra quality to carve out a goal - those players cost money and therein lies the problem. We have £25 million sat in a bank account getting more interest than the players on the pitch!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024