Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Lancs Special. Phone-in 18:22 - Oct 28 with 1849 viewsOldSkool

Between 6-7pm tonight
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 18:56]
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:26 - Oct 28 with 1840 viewsTejas

Listening to it now. Karl was awful, usual dross. A caller called Christine nailed it.
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:29 - Oct 28 with 1834 viewsOldSkool

She was excellent!
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:39 - Oct 28 with 1817 viewsTejas

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:29 - Oct 28 by OldSkool

She was excellent!

Steve Smith coming across really well too.
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:43 - Oct 28 with 1807 viewsTejas

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:39 - Oct 28 by Tejas

Steve Smith coming across really well too.

Burgess just made a really good point about Matt Williams. The ability of the club to operate under a structured organisation does appear to have "faltered" since Matt left.
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:54 - Oct 28 with 1791 viewssteve_g

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:43 - Oct 28 by Tejas

Burgess just made a really good point about Matt Williams. The ability of the club to operate under a structured organisation does appear to have "faltered" since Matt left.

Heard 20 minutes in the car and thought Christine was excellent. Karl's problem is he got lucky with his blueprint on how to run a football club. We got promoted both times 'on the cheap' and he thinks there's someone out there who can do the same again.

However, he got lucky with Larry and Ollie and when you look at Appleton, Ince and Riga, they are all football men with experience of big clubs and therefore the way we do business is alien to them. Who knows, in that respect, if it is Clarke then it might well work.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:58 - Oct 28 with 1776 viewsTejas

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:54 - Oct 28 by steve_g

Heard 20 minutes in the car and thought Christine was excellent. Karl's problem is he got lucky with his blueprint on how to run a football club. We got promoted both times 'on the cheap' and he thinks there's someone out there who can do the same again.

However, he got lucky with Larry and Ollie and when you look at Appleton, Ince and Riga, they are all football men with experience of big clubs and therefore the way we do business is alien to them. Who knows, in that respect, if it is Clarke then it might well work.

Fair point about Clark Steve, he did OK with Huddersfield didn't he.
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 19:22 - Oct 28 with 1754 viewsSouthStandSeasider

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:58 - Oct 28 by Tejas

Fair point about Clark Steve, he did OK with Huddersfield didn't he.

Just heard the whole thing, certainly a lot of angry people out there and quite rightly so.

Very, very impressed with the way Christine put her points over on the phone, extremely articulate. Can't say either of the two Steves in the studio would inspire me to join the organisations they're representing, a wasted opportunity methinks.

All in all though a very worthwhile 80 minutes. Karl's attempts to contradict himself in interviews continue to astound me.
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 19:27 - Oct 28 with 1742 viewsTejas

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 19:22 - Oct 28 by SouthStandSeasider

Just heard the whole thing, certainly a lot of angry people out there and quite rightly so.

Very, very impressed with the way Christine put her points over on the phone, extremely articulate. Can't say either of the two Steves in the studio would inspire me to join the organisations they're representing, a wasted opportunity methinks.

All in all though a very worthwhile 80 minutes. Karl's attempts to contradict himself in interviews continue to astound me.

I thought Steve Smith came across OK to be fair. It's not that easy talking on Radio - I've done it myself and didn't exactly star! As you said though a lot of angry fans - I wonder what Saturday will bring.
Login to get fewer ads

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 19:56 - Oct 28 with 1709 viewsOldSkool

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 19:27 - Oct 28 by Tejas

I thought Steve Smith came across OK to be fair. It's not that easy talking on Radio - I've done it myself and didn't exactly star! As you said though a lot of angry fans - I wonder what Saturday will bring.

Some good callers tonight. All of whom seemed to be against the O's. .. to put it mildly.
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 20:20 - Oct 28 with 1670 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 19:56 - Oct 28 by OldSkool

Some good callers tonight. All of whom seemed to be against the O's. .. to put it mildly.

Well I for one feel a bit better about being a BFC fan tonight
The passion showed by the participants in the phone in left me at least feeling that there is a real unity between us at the moment that perhaps we've never really had in recent years
We need to build on that IMO
We are going to need it
UTMP

#footballfirst

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 20:34 - Oct 28 with 1649 viewsTejas

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 20:20 - Oct 28 by TwelveAngryMen

Well I for one feel a bit better about being a BFC fan tonight
The passion showed by the participants in the phone in left me at least feeling that there is a real unity between us at the moment that perhaps we've never really had in recent years
We need to build on that IMO
We are going to need it
UTMP

Let's hope so TAM. I sometimes feel Oyston thrives on the division. I've never heard such a one sided debate, they all did well.
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 21:08 - Oct 28 with 1622 viewsPNENIL

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 20:34 - Oct 28 by Tejas

Let's hope so TAM. I sometimes feel Oyston thrives on the division. I've never heard such a one sided debate, they all did well.

In 80 mins and countless calls and texts, there wasn't one voice that gave any support to the Oyston's. I know how the bbc try to balance things up so I thought that was remarkable.
As for the KO interview...it was just laughable in the fact that he could tell you black was white. Completely dilusional.
Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 22:35 - Oct 28 with 1556 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 18:26 - Oct 28 by Tejas

Listening to it now. Karl was awful, usual dross. A caller called Christine nailed it.

I know her, I think. Smashing lass, very committed to the club.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 22:56 - Oct 28 with 1537 viewsArchibaldKnox

Radio Lancs Spcial. Phone-in on 22:35 - Oct 28 by basilrobbiereborn

I know her, I think. Smashing lass, very committed to the club.

Stuck in traffic for an hour on the M60 so managed to hear most of it. Ben Burgess was very good. He didn't go overboard, was very controlled but completely damning of the O's. That's important since he has had recent experience of the place as an employee.

Also thought Steve Rowland provided good input for the last 20 minutes. He managed to get the Belokon points across well about him investing and being stiffed after the success.

The last phone-in was from a lovely young chap who lauded all the players as our special team, not just Adam, but Evatt, GTF, Crainey, etc. and then at the end contrasted them with KO who he called 'evil' several times. Cue a lot of spluttering from the presenter who tried to talk over him, and then had to apologise profusely for the opinions expressed. BBB just sat there and hmmmed. Comedy gold.
Radio Lancs Special. Phone-in on 23:02 - Oct 28 with 1529 viewsOldSkool

It was good to see Ben Burgess come firmly off the fence, and he spoke well.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 23:03]
Radio Lancs Special. Phone-in on 09:13 - Oct 29 with 1456 viewsKOSBowlCut

Radio Lancs Special. Phone-in on 23:02 - Oct 28 by OldSkool

It was good to see Ben Burgess come firmly off the fence, and he spoke well.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 23:03]

Burgess is a very eloquent and intelligent bloke and now a very impressive school teacher so I hear. Good lad as well who was often mocked but I bet most would have his goals now!

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024