Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
American investors for an American market? 17:59 - Oct 30 with 2478 viewsNOTRAC

Is the John Moores a deal designed to make capital gains for the chosen few to the overall detriment of Swansea City, or is it a clever move that anticipates the changes that are likely to take place in football and particularly in the Premiership in the forthcoming years.
I believe that the Premiership is approaching a crossroad in respect of football globalisation.
Statistics suggest that the popularity of the Premiership , has increased suddenly and dramatically worldwide and particularly in America and India.
Cricket affords us a prime example of how quickly things can change with global cricket now virtually being controlled in India with the success of the 20/20 league.
At the moment the Premiership is at the top of the pile because it attracts the worlds best players numerically if not individually, as it could be argued that the four best players in the world now play in La Liga.
The Premiership will have to react therefore to stay top dog, and in order to do this ,substantial changes will be made.
League games will be played in America and other continents.This is already happening with American Football being played at Wembley.
The top clubs from other leagues will become part of the Premiership and it will eventually include teams from America and India etc.
To be part of this new set up therefore we have to establish ourselves in the American market.
Someone like John Moores could be the person to do it.His reward would be in having a share of the profits generated from the American market possibly through a subsidiary , and therefore the danger to the present Company would be minimised and share sales not needed.
Is the above sky in the pie. It could be, who knows.But as the only Welsh club in the Premiership we have a marvellous marketing opportunity to take advantage of changes if and when they occur.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

American investors for an American market? on 17:23 - Nov 3 with 527 viewsDavillin

Excellent and all correct.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

American investors for an American market? on 17:25 - Nov 3 with 527 viewsDavillin

American investors for an American market? on 14:04 - Nov 3 by londonlisa2001

at the moment, I've seen precious little information about any investment into the club.

Unless I'm missing something, all I've seen is reports of the current shareholders selling some of their shares in the club (which may lead to selling all of their shares in the club).

Since this amounts to exactly zero investment as far as the club is concerned, we wait to hear if this will in turn lead to any future investment into the club at all or simply will lead to a change in the recipients (and amounts) of dividends paid.

Talk of "investment into the club" has apparently come from the Chairman, according to several news articles. Scary if he doesn't understand the meaning "investment." Meanings.

American investors for an American market? on 17:30 - Nov 3 with 518 viewsDewi1jack

American investors for an American market? on 15:41 - Nov 3 by Parlay

Season ticket holders havent put the money in every season. The majority of season ticket holders have only been season ticket holders for 3 years and thats a statistical fact.

I'm not 100% sure your"fact" can be backed up by you.
In which case it certainly isn't a 'statistical fact.'
I'm pretty sure we were getting around a 15,000 average in the Championship, even under SousaBall.
Many ST holder offers were available in the South stand as well for kids, if my memory serves me right. Buy an adult take a couple of cheap STs for the kids, family of four etc
I think the whole of the North stand (about 4,000ish) was given over to the away fans.
You seem to be implying that of around 15,000(ish) at least 51% were walk up tickets (about 7,650) including the away fans. Some teams have turned up at our place with fewer than 200 fans, as we have at theirs.
A lot of our fans have had the same seats since the stadium was opened. Only way to guarantee that was to have a ST.
just asking.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

American investors for an American market? on 17:38 - Nov 3 with 513 viewsOldjack

Any know if any investors have actual made a net profit from a club they've invested in ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

American investors for an American market? on 17:51 - Nov 3 with 493 viewsDavillin

American investors for an American market? on 17:38 - Nov 3 by Oldjack

Any know if any investors have actual made a net profit from a club they've invested in ?

I don't know, but let's define "net profit."

For example, get back the initial investment, plus all expenses and costs paid out, plus all subsequent investment, plus what else?, then profit on top.

Probably the best way to achieve that is to cash out by selling all of one's shares.

By comparison, Moores did it with his first big company by selling off his shares for over $600M while the corporation was defrauding investors and before it went bankrupt, but there's wasn't enough evidence that he knew that to convict him; and by selling the Padres for $800M after having bought it for $85M.

He made not one but two net profits from companies he invested in.

American investors for an American market? on 18:12 - Nov 3 with 479 viewsOldjack

American investors for an American market? on 17:51 - Nov 3 by Davillin

I don't know, but let's define "net profit."

For example, get back the initial investment, plus all expenses and costs paid out, plus all subsequent investment, plus what else?, then profit on top.

Probably the best way to achieve that is to cash out by selling all of one's shares.

By comparison, Moores did it with his first big company by selling off his shares for over $600M while the corporation was defrauding investors and before it went bankrupt, but there's wasn't enough evidence that he knew that to convict him; and by selling the Padres for $800M after having bought it for $85M.

He made not one but two net profits from companies he invested in.

Aye but with a club of our size investment would be a very risky business ,we go down so do the price of our shares ,for argument sake ,The gunners Chelsea Man c etc. do they the investors make a profit ?

This Moores character sounds well iffy aswell

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

American investors for an American market? on 18:15 - Nov 3 with 473 viewsDavillin

American investors for an American market? on 18:12 - Nov 3 by Oldjack

Aye but with a club of our size investment would be a very risky business ,we go down so do the price of our shares ,for argument sake ,The gunners Chelsea Man c etc. do they the investors make a profit ?

This Moores character sounds well iffy aswell

Your first sentence is so pointed that it's absolutely frightening to contemplate.

What would the "investor" do then? How to recoup, let alone profit, from that?

Shuddddddder!

American investors for an American market? on 18:20 - Nov 3 with 464 viewsOldjack

American investors for an American market? on 18:15 - Nov 3 by Davillin

Your first sentence is so pointed that it's absolutely frightening to contemplate.

Shuddddddder!

This is what's amazed me with that dopey fool up the road , there's no way he'll ever make any money on them , never ever ,more money than sense that's what he's got

Login to get fewer ads

American investors for an American market? on 18:26 - Nov 3 with 456 viewsmonmouth

American investors for an American market? on 18:15 - Nov 3 by Davillin

Shuddddddder!

Cardiff will find that out next year if they are still there.

Leeds, Sheffield United have already found out and Bolton look like they are in the process.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

American investors for an American market? on 18:29 - Nov 3 with 453 viewsDavillin

American investors for an American market? on 18:26 - Nov 3 by monmouth

Cardiff will find that out next year if they are still there.

Leeds, Sheffield United have already found out and Bolton look like they are in the process.

Precisely. And I absolutely do not want Swansea City supporters to find that out, except by the mistakes of others.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024