Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie O'Hara signs ? 11:57 - Nov 5 with 3921 viewstonysoprano

Several reports on social media sites that he has signed for us .
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 11:59 - Nov 5 with 3151 viewswe_are_Superior

28 - could maybe do a job?

Jamie Darryl O'Hara (born 25 September 1986) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder. He is currently without a club after having his contract at Wolverhampton Wanderers terminated in August 2014.

O'Hara came through Arsenal F.C. Academy to then sign for Tottenham Hotspur to become a first-team player during the 2007—08 season. He has had several loan spells, including a stint at Portsmouth that saw them reach the 2010 FA Cup Final.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:03 - Nov 5 with 3144 viewsterminallytangerine

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 11:59 - Nov 5 by we_are_Superior

28 - could maybe do a job?

Jamie Darryl O'Hara (born 25 September 1986) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder. He is currently without a club after having his contract at Wolverhampton Wanderers terminated in August 2014.

O'Hara came through Arsenal F.C. Academy to then sign for Tottenham Hotspur to become a first-team player during the 2007—08 season. He has had several loan spells, including a stint at Portsmouth that saw them reach the 2010 FA Cup Final.

Good news if true. Thought he looked good last season.
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:13 - Nov 5 with 3122 viewsPNENIL

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:03 - Nov 5 by terminallytangerine

Another outcast who hasn't played for ages and if were lucky will be fit for xmas.
If you dare just look at the league table. We need players who will make a difference right now.
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:15 - Nov 5 with 3120 viewsLala

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:03 - Nov 5 by terminallytangerine

I don't know much about him - so any opinions welcome please. Why was he released from Wolves do we know ?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:22 - Nov 5 with 3103 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:15 - Nov 5 by Lala

I don't know much about him - so any opinions welcome please. Why was he released from Wolves do we know ?

He was one of a group of very highly paid players at Wolves who the supporters fell out with - rightly or wrongly - because they perceived them as being symptomatic of the general problem at the club at the time.

How fair all that was I couldn't say, but he was on very big money, which is why previous reports of us having an interest in him seemed far fetched. Times change.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:27 - Nov 5 with 3084 viewsLala

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:22 - Nov 5 by basilrobbiereborn

He was one of a group of very highly paid players at Wolves who the supporters fell out with - rightly or wrongly - because they perceived them as being symptomatic of the general problem at the club at the time.

How fair all that was I couldn't say, but he was on very big money, which is why previous reports of us having an interest in him seemed far fetched. Times change.

That's interesting then Robbie, not your normal run of the mill reasons for being let go. Sounds promising then

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:31 - Nov 5 with 3080 viewsArchibaldKnox

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:22 - Nov 5 by basilrobbiereborn

Wasn't he loaned to us towards the end of 2013, but sent back to Wolves in fairly short order? I believe Kenny Jackett regarded him as surplus due to his fitness problems, which is why they cancelled his contract at the end of last season. No idea why he should be suddenly more attractive to us now. Oh, hang on, yes I do...
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:48 - Nov 5 with 3050 viewsterminallytangerine

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:31 - Nov 5 by ArchibaldKnox

Wasn't he loaned to us towards the end of 2013, but sent back to Wolves in fairly short order? I believe Kenny Jackett regarded him as surplus due to his fitness problems, which is why they cancelled his contract at the end of last season. No idea why he should be suddenly more attractive to us now. Oh, hang on, yes I do...

Well if he can recreate the form shown for us last season he's not to be sniffed at.

I'm sure we could all make our own wish list but in the circumstances I would be happy to have him.
Login to get fewer ads

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:50 - Nov 5 with 3047 viewsOldSkool

Unfit. Hasnt played for 10 months.
Will be cheap & desperate - no transfer fee or signing on fee required.
Suits Potters credentials perfectly.
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:55 - Nov 5 with 3042 viewsstraightatthewall

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:48 - Nov 5 by terminallytangerine

Well if he can recreate the form shown for us last season he's not to be sniffed at.

I'm sure we could all make our own wish list but in the circumstances I would be happy to have him.

There will be 2 key issues here.

The first is just how fit is he? He's barely played in 18 months and he will surely need a good few months of regular game time to get properly match fit.

The second thing to think about is what sort of contract is he on? If it's a straightforwrd deal, then great. He can come in, get fit and build from there. If it's the usual nonsense of paying as you play, then I reckon he'll be on a similar deal to what was once offered Robbie Fowler; I.e. a very basic retainer with a large appearance fee. Which will mean there are times when he doesn't play because of said fee.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:57 - Nov 5 with 3037 viewsLala

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:55 - Nov 5 by straightatthewall

The first is just how fit is he? He's barely played in 18 months and he will surely need a good few months of regular game time to get properly match fit.

The second thing to think about is what sort of contract is he on? If it's a straightforwrd deal, then great. He can come in, get fit and build from there. If it's the usual nonsense of paying as you play, then I reckon he'll be on a similar deal to what was once offered Robbie Fowler; I.e. a very basic retainer with a large appearance fee. Which will mean there are times when he doesn't play because of said fee.

'times when he doesn't play because of said fee.'

and who determines those times ?

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:59 - Nov 5 with 3033 viewsterminallytangerine

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:55 - Nov 5 by straightatthewall

29th March QPR 1 - Blackpool1

7 months

You may be right but too early to damn him until we see if he is fit enough to be selected and if he plays.
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 13:26 - Nov 5 with 2992 viewstangerinedom

Doesn't get any better does it
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 13:47 - Nov 5 with 2962 viewsArchibaldKnox

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:59 - Nov 5 by terminallytangerine

7 months

You may be right but too early to damn him until we see if he is fit enough to be selected and if he plays.

What are you on about, 'terminally' ?
O'Hara didn't play in that game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26695403
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 13:51 - Nov 5 with 2957 viewsFountain

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 12:59 - Nov 5 by terminallytangerine

7 months

terminal I think you may be your wires crossed (geddit). He has never played for us and only ever got as far as a trial.

Awful signing that adds to the confusion.

slap me on the patio

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 14:08 - Nov 5 with 2935 viewsterminallytangerine

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 13:51 - Nov 5 by Fountain

terminal I think you may be your wires crossed (geddit). He has never played for us and only ever got as far as a trial.

Awful signing that adds to the confusion.

I stand corrected and eat humble pie.

It was of course Wolves' Foley rather than O'Hara who played against QPR: the perils on relying of memory rather than Google.

In that case he is either rubbish and we shouldn't bother - or if only he had played against QPR for us we would have got more than a point!

Terminally Tangerine Out!
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 14:12]
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 15:01 - Nov 5 with 2893 viewsseasider13

rubbish, cheap, desperate, unfit.............anyone else want to slag him before he has kicked a ball, lets give the lad a chance.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 15:28 - Nov 5 with 2869 viewswe_are_Superior

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 15:01 - Nov 5 by seasider13

rubbish, cheap, desperate, unfit.............anyone else want to slag him before he has kicked a ball, lets give the lad a chance.

Well if he's no better than John Lundtsram I'll eat KO's cash cow!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 15:30 - Nov 5 with 2868 viewsAllezBlackpool

Danielle Lloyds ex....shame

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 15:41 - Nov 5 with 2854 viewsFountain

13, the problem is he HASN'T kicked a ball. Two appearances last season against Stevenage and Carlisle. He hasn't played for 18 months fgs, and yet people are thinking the lad could come good. And in the time we need him to.

Come on lads
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 15:43]

slap me on the patio

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 15:43 - Nov 5 with 2846 viewsArchibaldKnox

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 15:41 - Nov 5 by Fountain

13, the problem is he HASN'T kicked a ball. Two appearances last season against Stevenage and Carlisle. He hasn't played for 18 months fgs, and yet people are thinking the lad could come good. And in the time we need him to.

Come on lads
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 15:43]

well, Karlio did promise us Flotsam, Jetsam and Lundstram.

He is certainly keeping his promises...
Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 16:00 - Nov 5 with 2836 viewsLala

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 15:43 - Nov 5 by ArchibaldKnox

well, Karlio did promise us Flotsam, Jetsam and Lundstram.

He is certainly keeping his promises...

Is this a Clark only signing then ?

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 16:11 - Nov 5 with 2824 viewsFountain

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 16:00 - Nov 5 by Lala

Is this a Clark only signing then ?

It's a revisited signing so I'd suggest that Clark had the guy suggested to him by KO/players agent.

Look, we are in a position where we need match ready, match impacting loan players and that is where we should be focusing, not on 'Golden Gamble's' who are unlikely to make a difference.

Only immediate quality can keep us in touch with the division until the January window and the effect of any potential takeover.

slap me on the patio

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 16:13 - Nov 5 with 2818 viewsLala

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 16:11 - Nov 5 by Fountain

It's a revisited signing so I'd suggest that Clark had the guy suggested to him by KO/players agent.

Look, we are in a position where we need match ready, match impacting loan players and that is where we should be focusing, not on 'Golden Gamble's' who are unlikely to make a difference.

Only immediate quality can keep us in touch with the division until the January window and the effect of any potential takeover.

'It's a revisited signing so I'd suggest that Clark had the guy suggested to him by KO/players agent. '

Oh dear, that doesn't fill me with confidence, shouldn't Clark have his own targets in mind ......isn't this partly what has got us into this mess.

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 16:33 - Nov 5 with 2802 viewsElswick

Jamie O'Hara signs ? on 16:13 - Nov 5 by Lala

'It's a revisited signing so I'd suggest that Clark had the guy suggested to him by KO/players agent. '

Oh dear, that doesn't fill me with confidence, shouldn't Clark have his own targets in mind ......isn't this partly what has got us into this mess.

Reading the official club site it hints that Clark is using his contacts to source out of contract players who are already training at other clubs... is O'Hara one of these?
He could be fit but will he be match fit?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024