Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Npower and Utility Companies 18:27 - Nov 5 with 1143 viewsSwanzay

Npower are a complete cluster feck of a disater when it comes to customer service, previously the have messed my bills up on a continual basis. More recently (last week), I arranged for new meters to be fitted and they even made a complete mess of that, got the order wrong etc.
So Im looking to switch asap, obviously I will be taking into consideration unit and daily rate charges for gas and Elec, but does anyone else have experience of other utility companies that they would avoid at all costs?
Im aiming to go with one of the 'smaller' suppliers as most of the 'big 6' seem to be complete kunts, eg British Gas and their crazy prices and equally bad service.
Any feedback welcome, also why on earth in this day and age does it take approx 6 weeks to switch supplier?
Npower and Utility Companies on 21:53 - Nov 5 with 1107 viewsCatullus

I feel the same about npower, absolutely useless.
I am currently with ovo, cheaper than the big boys but with a few strings. Saved us a tenner a month though.
Online billing, monthly statements and you do meter readings monthly so they're accurate.
It's only been 6 months but no problems, yet!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Npower and Utility Companies on 00:11 - Nov 6 with 1079 viewsDDCH

Npower and Utility Companies on 21:53 - Nov 5 by Catullus

I feel the same about npower, absolutely useless.
I am currently with ovo, cheaper than the big boys but with a few strings. Saved us a tenner a month though.
Online billing, monthly statements and you do meter readings monthly so they're accurate.
It's only been 6 months but no problems, yet!

Have had 2 hassle free years with Ovo, and they pay 4% interest on credit. Saying that I am going to sainsburys energy as the new rates Ovo offered me were expensive compared to what else is out there, and they couldn't offer any explanation as to why.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Npower and Utility Companies on 07:14 - Nov 6 with 1054 viewsStarsky

All these companies say they can save you money but they still take A wedge off you every month that you haven't consumed. It's a big con.
A I do is (with British Gas) I take a monthly meter reading for gas & elec on the 27th and enter that on line via my on line account. Then, sighing 2 days my on line bill is ready and I have 14 days to settle the monthly account by debit/credit card on line.
My last bill was £25 for gas and £45 for electric. I get dual tariff discount.
The moment you go direct debit with 'estimated' annual consumption is when you lose control and they end up with all your money in advance.
And despite it apparently being cheaper deals all round, they all want to charge me more per month than I currently pay. Funny that!

It's just the internet, init.

Npower and Utility Companies on 08:32 - Nov 6 with 1035 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Npower and Utility Companies on 07:14 - Nov 6 by Starsky

All these companies say they can save you money but they still take A wedge off you every month that you haven't consumed. It's a big con.
A I do is (with British Gas) I take a monthly meter reading for gas & elec on the 27th and enter that on line via my on line account. Then, sighing 2 days my on line bill is ready and I have 14 days to settle the monthly account by debit/credit card on line.
My last bill was £25 for gas and £45 for electric. I get dual tariff discount.
The moment you go direct debit with 'estimated' annual consumption is when you lose control and they end up with all your money in advance.
And despite it apparently being cheaper deals all round, they all want to charge me more per month than I currently pay. Funny that!

This is just another in a long line of Thatcher inspired disasters. At the time the competition mantra was being trotted out - "the more companies out there competing the cheaper your bills will be". Bollocks!

Just another exercise in lazy government. Can't be bothered to run good utilities, we'll sell them off to our corporate mates and trouser the backhanders. Also refer to Rail privitization in fact any privitization. Let's re-nationalize, after all at least if we were paying the high prices we are now there would only be two bodies , the gas and electricity boards to deal with and the money goes back into the country's coffers instead of private businessmen/ shareholders?

"If you see Sid tell him". Yeah, tell him to f*ck off

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Npower and Utility Companies on 09:01 - Nov 6 with 1025 viewsNogginthenog

Npower and Utility Companies on 08:32 - Nov 6 by Brynmill_Jack

This is just another in a long line of Thatcher inspired disasters. At the time the competition mantra was being trotted out - "the more companies out there competing the cheaper your bills will be". Bollocks!

Just another exercise in lazy government. Can't be bothered to run good utilities, we'll sell them off to our corporate mates and trouser the backhanders. Also refer to Rail privitization in fact any privitization. Let's re-nationalize, after all at least if we were paying the high prices we are now there would only be two bodies , the gas and electricity boards to deal with and the money goes back into the country's coffers instead of private businessmen/ shareholders?

"If you see Sid tell him". Yeah, tell him to f*ck off

At last, the voice in the wilderness that makes most sense. When it comes to Utilities there is no way private companies should be involved.
Npower and Utility Companies on 09:48 - Nov 6 with 1005 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Npower and Utility Companies on 09:01 - Nov 6 by Nogginthenog

At last, the voice in the wilderness that makes most sense. When it comes to Utilities there is no way private companies should be involved.

Health and public transport are also major no no's in privatization . Cull all the greedy b*stards!
Let's have our country back

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Npower and Utility Companies on 10:02 - Nov 6 with 997 viewsperchrockjack

First Utility are good..
E on the best of the biggies..

switching far easier tha it was

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Npower and Utility Companies on 13:24 - Nov 6 with 973 viewsWolfie

Npower and Utility Companies on 10:02 - Nov 6 by perchrockjack

First Utility are good..
E on the best of the biggies..

switching far easier tha it was

Yep, had nothing but good experiences with First Utility.

Initially went with them a few years back but switched to NPower because of an alleged cheaper tariff. What a huge mistake that was.

Sacked them off as soon as I could and now back with First Utility. I submit monthly meter readings and pay by variable direct debit, so only pay for what I use.

Excellent customer service as well when I've had to deal with them.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Login to get fewer ads

Npower and Utility Companies on 13:35 - Nov 6 with 962 viewsfbreath

You could have a look here. This site is run by Martin Lewis money saving expert

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024