Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero 17:58 - Nov 9 with 11549 viewsJonnyTheJack

As dominant a performance you'll see from a winger. Run Chambers ragged all day. Lost count how many times he got to the bye line. What a player.
Montero on 16:59 - Nov 10 with 2451 viewsjacksinceever

Montero on 16:46 - Nov 10 by mattjenkins1990

Is there a clip of this anywhere ?

Twas on MOTD 2
Montero on 17:05 - Nov 10 with 2432 viewsBLAZE

Montero on 16:46 - Nov 10 by mattjenkins1990

Is there a clip of this anywhere ?

Trying clicking the link in the post directly above your own
Montero on 17:15 - Nov 10 with 2409 viewsmattjenkins1990

Montero on 17:05 - Nov 10 by BLAZE

Trying clicking the link in the post directly above your own

Wrong clip i obviously saw that one and have searched myself, thanks for the condescension though

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Montero on 17:19 - Nov 10 with 2395 viewsTom1912

The reason you don’t see wingers destroying full backs like that for a full 90 minutes on a more regular basis is usually something is done about it when it becomes clear there is a problem. Inexplicitly, Wenger decided not to do anything, either tactically by getting his midfield to offering Chambers more support or by bringing on the full back he had on his bench who is supposedly quite quick.

I’ve no idea why Wenger didn’t do anything, but it was fantastic to watch Jeff not just beat, but fully embarrass a player Arsenal spent £16m on in the summer.
Montero on 17:20 - Nov 10 with 2394 viewsBLAZE

Lighten up eh
Montero on 17:28 - Nov 10 with 2370 viewsmattjenkins1990

Montero on 17:20 - Nov 10 by BLAZE

Lighten up eh

the one i was looking for is

http://www.jackarmy.tv/swansea-city-vs-arsenal-match-highlights/

at 12.29

Bergkamp Esk

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Montero on 17:30 - Nov 10 with 2363 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

havnt seen superb wing play like yesterday since Tommy Hutch.

viva Montero

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Montero on 18:31 - Nov 10 with 2301 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on 17:19 - Nov 10 by Tom1912

The reason you don’t see wingers destroying full backs like that for a full 90 minutes on a more regular basis is usually something is done about it when it becomes clear there is a problem. Inexplicitly, Wenger decided not to do anything, either tactically by getting his midfield to offering Chambers more support or by bringing on the full back he had on his bench who is supposedly quite quick.

I’ve no idea why Wenger didn’t do anything, but it was fantastic to watch Jeff not just beat, but fully embarrass a player Arsenal spent £16m on in the summer.

Not sure I agree with that Tom. In the second half a player was going close to him and they were doubling up covering the area behind.
The fact is he was beating his marker when they were tight to him and he was facing away from the goal. Not seen that since Curt and Trunds.
Jeff maybe a one trick pony but it is one Hell of a trick :-)
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 19:14]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Montero on 19:21 - Nov 10 with 2254 viewskarnataka

Montero on 17:28 - Nov 10 by mattjenkins1990

the one i was looking for is

http://www.jackarmy.tv/swansea-city-vs-arsenal-match-highlights/

at 12.29

Bergkamp Esk

He may well have got that trick from Routs, seen him do it a couple of times but whoever does it, it's always impressive when it comes off as well as that.
Montero on 21:05 - Nov 10 with 2170 viewsTom1912

Montero on 18:31 - Nov 10 by Private_Partz

Not sure I agree with that Tom. In the second half a player was going close to him and they were doubling up covering the area behind.
The fact is he was beating his marker when they were tight to him and he was facing away from the goal. Not seen that since Curt and Trunds.
Jeff maybe a one trick pony but it is one Hell of a trick :-)
[Post edited 10 Nov 2014 19:14]

They weren't doubling up properly though, or at least in a way that would stop Montero going on the outside.

Look at the second goal-one of the Arsenal players does go across, but he adds absolutely nothing. He's basically stopping Montero cutting back inside. Which wasn't the danger-it was Montero going outside Chambers that was causing all the problems.

The second man should have been taking up a position that allowed him to cover the overlap. As it was, they kept leaving the space and angle for Montero to knock it past Chambers.
Montero on 21:42 - Nov 10 with 2136 viewsjackrabbit

Montero on 21:05 - Nov 10 by Tom1912

They weren't doubling up properly though, or at least in a way that would stop Montero going on the outside.

Look at the second goal-one of the Arsenal players does go across, but he adds absolutely nothing. He's basically stopping Montero cutting back inside. Which wasn't the danger-it was Montero going outside Chambers that was causing all the problems.

The second man should have been taking up a position that allowed him to cover the overlap. As it was, they kept leaving the space and angle for Montero to knock it past Chambers.

Great article in today's Telegraph by Alan Smith. Great picture of Montero leaving Chambers for dead:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11219961/Arsenal-dismant
Montero on 08:44 - Nov 11 with 2033 viewsJackSomething

Montero on 21:05 - Nov 10 by Tom1912

Spot on for me. It's as if they didn't realise that although Jeff is predominantly right-footed, he's good enough with his left to put in a good cross, meaning the danger was down the outside. Besides the goal, there were a few more occasions when he skinned Chambers down the outside, only to be unable to find a teammate with a cross (and once Bony mis-kicked completely).

I can understand the players missing this, but how someone on the Arsenal staff didn't see it and get them to do something about it beggars belief. Good for us though.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Montero on 13:11 - Nov 11 with 1951 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on 08:44 - Nov 11 by JackSomething

Spot on for me. It's as if they didn't realise that although Jeff is predominantly right-footed, he's good enough with his left to put in a good cross, meaning the danger was down the outside. Besides the goal, there were a few more occasions when he skinned Chambers down the outside, only to be unable to find a teammate with a cross (and once Bony mis-kicked completely).

I can understand the players missing this, but how someone on the Arsenal staff didn't see it and get them to do something about it beggars belief. Good for us though.

Looks like I have been well outvoted on this one although I feel we are in danger of falling into the media trap as they search for reasons for arsenal's failure whilst giving us little or no credit.
During the analysis of our second goal shearer said he did not know what Mertesaker (or whatever his name is) was doing out of position. I feel he was trying to fill a space that Jeff was running into despite two markers.
Whatever the argument there is no doubt that the alarm bells are going to ring for defences when Jeff is on the field from now on. I suspect he will have one tight marker with another close behind and inside to stop him turning infield when he receives the ball with his back to goal. This rather than a second defender occupying the space behind as I believe Wenger was trying to do.
The good news is Jeff is cute and more than capable of passing back to our defence to launch another attack or pass inside for the midfield to push on.
With the second option at least one defender will have to leave his postion thereby allowing a through ball back to Jeff, a wide ball to Routs or Dyer, or a direct route via Wilf and Siggy.
It will be very interesting to see how things transpire.
It could be Jeff's one trick will be snuffed out and he will become much less effective.
I somehow doubt this and feel we could have right little gem on our hands who will attract all sorts of media attention.
Exciting times. :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero on 13:32 - Nov 11 with 1928 viewsTom1912

Exactly what I said regarding Mertesacker when Shearer made that point PP.

The problem with Gomis' header wasn't so much where Mertesacker was but the fact Wenger was playing Monreal at CB.

And that issue goes back to poor summer business by Arsenal-selling Vermaelen and not replacing him.
Montero on 13:33 - Nov 11 with 1927 viewsDewi1jack

I have this vision of (Arsenal did at times) 3 defenders marking Jeff, leaving room for Siggy, Will and Routs/ Nath to have an absolute field day.
Then when the defenders are broken, crying absolutely knackered men, bringing on Modou.
Imagine the thanks the defenders will be offering up, to see Jeff going off, only to be replaced by Nath (slower than Jeff, still quicker than a lot) or Modou (nearly as quick if not as quick as Jeff).
Can see a lot of defenders just crawling around on all fours after about 85 mins of torture.

Think we have a bit of speed in the squad now.
And that's my one sentence thesis on "stating the bleedin' obvious" done

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Montero on 00:26 - Dec 5 with 1739 viewsJackTheLad

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Montero on 12:47 - Dec 6 with 1527 viewsStarsky

Montero on 00:26 - Dec 5 by JackTheLad

What the feck was that?

It's just the internet, init.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024