Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Lewis have been sent off? 19:41 - Nov 22 with 1718 viewsWindyMiller

Thought their player looked for it myself and he wasn't through on goal - right decision by the ref for me.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 19:43 - Nov 22 with 1713 viewsBertandErnie

Thought he made a meal of it ... thought the ref for once was on our side until about the 80th minute when he made some shocking decisions!
Should Lewis have been sent off? on 19:44 - Nov 22 with 1711 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Right decision because the player knocked it out wide and was going away from goal. Frustrating for Bolton though because it was also very close to being a penalty so a close shave on two fronts.
Should Lewis have been sent off? on 21:16 - Nov 22 with 1665 viewsribble

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 19:44 - Nov 22 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Right decision because the player knocked it out wide and was going away from goal. Frustrating for Bolton though because it was also very close to being a penalty so a close shave on two fronts.

Their forward did himself no favours at all with his Concorde impression. He'd lost control of the ball anyway and was heading towards our corner flag. Correct decision by the ref for me.
Should Lewis have been sent off? on 21:41 - Nov 22 with 1651 viewsTangent

I thought we got lucky today, on another day it would have been a penalty and a sending off.

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 21:46 - Nov 22 with 1646 viewsribble

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 21:41 - Nov 22 by Tangent

I thought we got lucky today, on another day it would have been a penalty and a sending off.

It was definitely outside the box.
Should Lewis have been sent off? on 23:39 - Nov 22 with 1615 viewsArchibaldKnox

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 21:46 - Nov 22 by ribble

It was definitely outside the box.

Ref bottled it. Lewis last man. And took him out. Red card would not have been unjust.
So the forward had chosen to go wide? But a second later he would have been on his right foot with an open goal to slide the ball into, even from an angle.

Even if it was outside the box, that matters little really. If he had touched the ball with his hands, as it looked he was trying to do, it could have been deemed deliberate handball outside the box to deny a goal-scoring opportunity and another red card.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 11:52]
Should Lewis have been sent off? on 20:02 - Nov 23 with 1530 viewsOsbourne

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 23:39 - Nov 22 by ArchibaldKnox

Ref bottled it. Lewis last man. And took him out. Red card would not have been unjust.
So the forward had chosen to go wide? But a second later he would have been on his right foot with an open goal to slide the ball into, even from an angle.

Even if it was outside the box, that matters little really. If he had touched the ball with his hands, as it looked he was trying to do, it could have been deemed deliberate handball outside the box to deny a goal-scoring opportunity and another red card.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2014 11:52]

The incident was not shown on the 'football League Show.'

I was sitting in the West Stand and I was getting ready for a free kick just outside the area with Joe Lewis back in the dressing room!

The Bolton manager is saying, Red Card and Penalty!

I'm not sure, I need to see it again. The Assistant Referee was in a good position.

I'm glad the Referee saw it as he did!
Pity Pool could not of pulled off a 1-0 yesterday.
Great goal by Murphy. Why was the incident not shown?
Should Lewis have been sent off? on 09:04 - Nov 24 with 1497 viewswe_are_Superior

Having just watched the video posted on here I think he maybe should have gone. At the time I didn't think he made contact but having a second look I do think he probably did and if the player had got round him then could well have scored?

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 18:03 - Nov 24 with 1448 viewsOsbourne

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 09:04 - Nov 24 by we_are_Superior

Having just watched the video posted on here I think he maybe should have gone. At the time I didn't think he made contact but having a second look I do think he probably did and if the player had got round him then could well have scored?

Yes,
I have seen the footage now.
Well, probably just outside the area, but very close!
I suspect that, on another day, it could of been given as a penalty and a red card.

I would not like to be a referee or an assistant referee! Right in front of the Bolton fans too!
Should Lewis have been sent off? on 18:08 - Nov 24 with 1445 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 18:03 - Nov 24 by Osbourne

Yes,
I have seen the footage now.
Well, probably just outside the area, but very close!
I suspect that, on another day, it could of been given as a penalty and a red card.

I would not like to be a referee or an assistant referee! Right in front of the Bolton fans too!

It's a good decision for me - he was going away from goal and had knocked the ball even wider. Hardly an immediate threat on goal.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 18:45 - Nov 24 with 1429 viewsKOSBowlCut

Should Lewis have been sent off? on 18:08 - Nov 24 by basilrobbiereborn

It's a good decision for me - he was going away from goal and had knocked the ball even wider. Hardly an immediate threat on goal.

Totally agree BRR and I actually do think he made a meal of it - judging by his post-match comments we won't see Clark's side passing back to the goalkeeper too much in the future!!

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024