Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) 13:23 - Dec 12 with 7735 viewsCTB184

So who does everyone want to see on the team for Sunday then?

We have a fully fit first team squad and it is only Fabianski who is suspended.

I'm having difficulty picking which wingers and CBs I'd like to start!

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:21 - Dec 12 with 1516 viewsshandyjack

certainly not been Bartley. I'd suggest that experiment is long over due ending.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:26 - Dec 12 with 1508 viewsNeath_Jack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:20 - Dec 12 by pencoedjack

Come now Neathie ..... lets get the Argentinian international back.

Why? Because we paid a lot of money for him? Let's be honest, he hasn't been anything other than steady so far. A good centre back aye, but has he stood out over any of our other 3 CB's? Not for me, possibly shown up more than Ash. Our best CB's for me have been Amat and Bartley so far.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:27 - Dec 12 with 1505 viewsNeath_Jack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:21 - Dec 12 by shandyjack

certainly not been Bartley. I'd suggest that experiment is long over due ending.

In the words of Jackfath................LOL.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:29 - Dec 12 with 1499 viewsshandyjack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:27 - Dec 12 by Neath_Jack

In the words of Jackfath................LOL.

all about opinions, i don't rate Bartley he had a good game against Arsenal but has been poor since. Amat and Fernandez are head and shoulders above him

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:41 - Dec 12 with 1479 viewsCTB184

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:16 - Dec 12 by Neath_Jack

I agree that Amat was our best defender before his injury, but unfortunately for him, he had the injury, so now he'll have to bide his time until Kyle or Ash get dropped for poor form or sustain an injury. In my opinion, of course.

Not sure why he should bide his time if he's injury free, or why any player should have to wait to get back in the team if they're considered a better player. But fair enough!

Fernandez is an international player for a brilliant team, I think this alone warrants a place in the Swansea first team. Not to mention that with the price tag we want to get our money's worth rather than him sit on the bench!

Poll: Which two players do currently believe are the best Centre Midfield pairing?

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:53 - Dec 12 with 1470 viewspencoedjack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:29 - Dec 12 by shandyjack

all about opinions, i don't rate Bartley he had a good game against Arsenal but has been poor since. Amat and Fernandez are head and shoulders above him

Another decent post by Shandy ....

Bartley should be 4th choice
Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:57 - Dec 12 with 1465 viewsNeathJack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:26 - Dec 12 by Neath_Jack

Why? Because we paid a lot of money for him? Let's be honest, he hasn't been anything other than steady so far. A good centre back aye, but has he stood out over any of our other 3 CB's? Not for me, possibly shown up more than Ash. Our best CB's for me have been Amat and Bartley so far.

He's stood out for me and was getting better and better by the game. His reading of the game is on a different level to anyone else we've got and imho I'd get him back in the side as soon as he is available.

That may be harsh on Bartley but such is life.
Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 15:15 - Dec 12 with 1441 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 13:42 - Dec 12 by CTB184

Fair enough! I would probably agree with you actually!

He won't start his lack of game time is way to low for this important game

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 15:41 - Dec 12 with 1407 viewsjacksinceever

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 13:34 - Dec 12 by Millie

Didn't say I'd drop him

Sorry, but where is he then?
Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 15:44 - Dec 12 with 1405 viewsjacksinceever

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 14:03 - Dec 12 by shandyjack

oh yeah forgot that,ill put barrow in then

Surely Barrow is a must on the sub's bench anyway. He has the ability to rip them apart when they are tiring
Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 15:55 - Dec 12 with 1395 viewsjacksinceever

Tremmel

Rangel Williams Bartley Taylor

Ki Shelvey

Barrow Sigurdsson Montero

Bony

Subs:
Gomis
Britton
Routledge
Dyer
Amat
Tiendalli
Tate (as sub goalie) (or Zabret )
[Post edited 12 Dec 2014 16:24]
Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:13 - Dec 12 with 1383 viewsGlyn1

Am I correct in thinking that Tremmel played in the same fixture last season, by the way?

I'm very unimpressed by the Spurs forwards, but Chadli is a big lad who needs watching so I'd retain Bartley in the back four.

By the way, there was a funny comment by one of the Spurs fans in a Spurs fans forum:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tottenham-hotspur-v-swansea-city-

"Teams are cottoning on to our 1 nil half time deficit, second half red card, two goal (one last minute) comeback game plan. We need a new angle."

At least, I hope he was joking - who's the referee?
[Post edited 12 Dec 2014 16:14]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:24 - Dec 12 with 1369 viewsshandyjack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:13 - Dec 12 by Glyn1

Am I correct in thinking that Tremmel played in the same fixture last season, by the way?

I'm very unimpressed by the Spurs forwards, but Chadli is a big lad who needs watching so I'd retain Bartley in the back four.

By the way, there was a funny comment by one of the Spurs fans in a Spurs fans forum:

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tottenham-hotspur-v-swansea-city-

"Teams are cottoning on to our 1 nil half time deficit, second half red card, two goal (one last minute) comeback game plan. We need a new angle."

You mean like Carrol was a big lad and Bartley was picked supposedly to mark him

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:26 - Dec 12 with 1366 viewsjacksinceever

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:24 - Dec 12 by shandyjack

You mean like Carrol was a big lad and Bartley was picked supposedly to mark him

Surely you don't blame Bartley for Sunday's loss?
We were a shambles and need to move on - end of
Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:29 - Dec 12 with 1356 viewsshandyjack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:26 - Dec 12 by jacksinceever

Surely you don't blame Bartley for Sunday's loss?
We were a shambles and need to move on - end of

Not at all but saying he should be picked because Spurs have a big lad in Chadli is wrong considering Bartley let Carroll score 2 unmarked headers when he was supposed to be marking him

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 17:40 - Dec 12 with 1282 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:13 - Dec 12 by Glyn1

The referee is the barsteward who gave Stoke a phantom penalty last season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 17:49 - Dec 12 with 1273 viewsJackfath

I would pick whomever has repsonded well enough in training since we were beaten. If that means dropping someone to freshen things up, then so be it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:06 - Dec 12 with 1241 viewsJBT95

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 13:39 - Dec 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's a better ,stronger defender than Taylor although he offers not much going forward ,just like Taylor that's my reason .

He has only played twice for us this season has he not?
Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:26 - Dec 12 with 1229 viewsshandyjack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 17:49 - Dec 12 by Jackfath

I would pick whomever has repsonded well enough in training since we were beaten. If that means dropping someone to freshen things up, then so be it.

Can't believe someone down arrived this post

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:26 - Dec 12 with 1228 viewsJackfath

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:26 - Dec 12 by shandyjack

Can't believe someone down arrived this post

What? Who would do such a thing?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:28 - Dec 12 with 1225 viewsshandyjack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:26 - Dec 12 by Jackfath

What? Who would do such a thing?

Someone who like many see the poster before the post and already make their minds up on the post

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:28 - Dec 12 with 1223 viewsGlyn1

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 16:24 - Dec 12 by shandyjack

Yes, I suppose that I do. Bartley had a bad day, but he can play better than that.

Whoever is picked, I'm feeling pretty confident. Levy has wasted millions on over-rated Spurs players. 3-1 to us.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:29 - Dec 12 with 1223 viewsJackfath

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:28 - Dec 12 by shandyjack

Someone who like many see the poster before the post and already make their minds up on the post

There are loads of people on here like that. Sad isn't it.

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:36 - Dec 12 with 1211 viewsshandyjack

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 18:28 - Dec 12 by Glyn1

Yes, I suppose that I do. Bartley had a bad day, but he can play better than that.

Whoever is picked, I'm feeling pretty confident. Levy has wasted millions on over-rated Spurs players. 3-1 to us.

I'm not a great Bartley fan but he does a decent job.

I just have a feeling that typical Swansea well concede a Soldado hat trick, players in slumps always seem to pop up against us.

Soldado last season, Graham hasn't scored for yr till Hull came down, Balotelli this season. Always seems to be a case of why us

Potential team for Tottenham (14/12) on 21:23 - Dec 12 with 1178 viewsTNT

I can remember watching Mark (Chopper) Harries play in his debut for us at home against (his ex-club?) Reading in '89.

We lost 1-6!

He did not have a great game, and others in the 3,500 crowd may have joined me in wondering about our latest acquisition.

He went on to forge one of the best Swans' defensive partnerships that I've enjoyed watching, albeit at a lower level.

As for our current options, I think Fernandez will become a very good CB for us. Amat I like, and again could become a big player for us. Bartley I'm not sure about ... but then nor was I sure about Chopper initially.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024