Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
jack to a king 06:47 - Dec 17 with 1846 viewsjack89

Is this out yet? Heard its available to buy in the club shop, but amazon has a release date of boxing day
jack to a king on 07:39 - Dec 17 with 1815 viewsPhil_S

It was in the club shop last Sunday - the 'gold' version is being released Boxing Day whatever that means.
jack to a king on 07:44 - Dec 17 with 1807 viewskarnataka

I bought one in the shop on Sunday and it's a 2 disc set. The 2nd one has a documentary on the the whole of the CapOne cup run and long highlights of the final - watched it last night. There's other stuff on it too but haven't watched that yet. At £10.99 it's a fecking no brainer if you ask me! Don't know what this 'gold' edition is though.
jack to a king on 07:49 - Dec 17 with 1798 viewsPhil_S

jack to a king on 07:44 - Dec 17 by karnataka

I bought one in the shop on Sunday and it's a 2 disc set. The 2nd one has a documentary on the the whole of the CapOne cup run and long highlights of the final - watched it last night. There's other stuff on it too but haven't watched that yet. At £10.99 it's a fecking no brainer if you ask me! Don't know what this 'gold' edition is though.

The one where the real story is told... ;-)
jack to a king on 07:58 - Dec 17 with 1775 viewskarnataka

jack to a king on 07:49 - Dec 17 by Phil_S

The one where the real story is told... ;-)

Oh? And what would that be Mr S?
jack to a king on 08:10 - Dec 17 with 1756 viewsPhil_S

jack to a king on 07:58 - Dec 17 by karnataka

Just the non embellished version

Which in itself is a magnificent story
jack to a king on 08:15 - Dec 17 with 1750 viewsScoobyWho

jack to a king on 07:44 - Dec 17 by karnataka

That second disc is something you cant make up.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

jack to a king on 09:22 - Dec 17 with 1680 views_

jack to a king on 07:58 - Dec 17 by karnataka

Basically the Trust get no mention....

I haven't seen it but I think that's what I've been told.

Which is utterly deplorable if true.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 9:22]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

jack to a king on 09:41 - Dec 17 with 1645 viewsJoe_bradshaw

So after all the stick the commercial department got over the Boxing Day release date it wasn't true?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

jack to a king on 10:11 - Dec 17 with 1607 viewsSweyns_Eye

jack to a king on 09:22 - Dec 17 by _

Basically the Trust get no mention....

I haven't seen it but I think that's what I've been told.

Which is utterly deplorable if true.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 9:22]

Then you've been told wrong.

The trust do get a mention. Quite a bit. Oh and there's news footage too, probably clips you've seen countless times before so you'd be familiar with them.

I suggest you see the film yourself and form an opinion rather than the opposite way you've gone about it.

Despite the amount the trust is mentioned, its the interviewees in the film that are the focus and its easy to get the impression that they are/were the key players. A glaring omission from the film is the acknowledgement of the efforts of key players in the past and this includes Mike Kent and Richard Lillycrap. Leigh Dineen speaks about the trust. But it appeared to me, and I'm relying on my memory now, that the person shown in the film as the representative of the trust is Marilyn Croft. Make of that what you will, I don't know her or what her record with the trust was but I do know what others say about that. Why she is such a prominent interviewee I guess you'd have to ask Mal Pope. My strong suspicion is that her presence, along with Weetabix-Vodka girl, helps to add gender balance to the interviewees.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

jack to a king on 11:25 - Dec 17 with 1536 viewskarnataka

jack to a king on 10:11 - Dec 17 by Sweyns_Eye

The trust do get a mention. Quite a bit. Oh and there's news footage too, probably clips you've seen countless times before so you'd be familiar with them.

I suggest you see the film yourself and form an opinion rather than the opposite way you've gone about it.

Despite the amount the trust is mentioned, its the interviewees in the film that are the focus and its easy to get the impression that they are/were the key players. A glaring omission from the film is the acknowledgement of the efforts of key players in the past and this includes Mike Kent and Richard Lillycrap. Leigh Dineen speaks about the trust. But it appeared to me, and I'm relying on my memory now, that the person shown in the film as the representative of the trust is Marilyn Croft. Make of that what you will, I don't know her or what her record with the trust was but I do know what others say about that. Why she is such a prominent interviewee I guess you'd have to ask Mal Pope. My strong suspicion is that her presence, along with Weetabix-Vodka girl, helps to add gender balance to the interviewees.

Yes, I was wondering who the fyck the weetabix/vodka former anorexic was too. Nobody I've spoken to has any idea. Does anyone know who she is and why she's given such prominence?
jack to a king on 11:30 - Dec 17 with 1526 viewsmonmouth

jack to a king on 07:39 - Dec 17 by Phil_S

It was in the club shop last Sunday - the 'gold' version is being released Boxing Day whatever that means.

Leigh Dineen sings Spandau Ballet. At least I know this much is true.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

jack to a king on 14:46 - Dec 17 with 1414 viewsSweyns_Eye

jack to a king on 11:25 - Dec 17 by karnataka

Yes, I was wondering who the fyck the weetabix/vodka former anorexic was too. Nobody I've spoken to has any idea. Does anyone know who she is and why she's given such prominence?

Abigail. She's a fan, blogger and has often written comment pieces on websites and in the press. I don't have anything against her although I thought the focus on her vodka-weetabix episode was crass. The focus given more prominence as her quote on this was used in the trailer. I thought her tale on how she found more purpose in life through following the Swans was quite poignant and touching, but at the end of the day I think she's in the film because she's a young female football fan. Why her and not another female fan I don't know.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

jack to a king on 15:25 - Dec 17 with 1380 viewsWxmJax

jack to a king on 11:30 - Dec 17 by monmouth

Leigh Dineen sings Spandau Ballet. At least I know this much is true.

Fair do's, you know how to cut a long story short.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

jack to a king on 15:39 - Dec 17 with 1356 viewsJackhero

I think Abigail had a bit with helping make the film too, as well as appearing in it. I may be wrong.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

jack to a king on 16:17 - Dec 17 with 1326 viewsScoobyWho

jack to a king on 10:11 - Dec 17 by Sweyns_Eye

Its a dreadful representation of what happened and most of the interviewees are as much deserving of being in the film as you or I. The very foundation of what happened is distorted and those selected to be involved are misleading the watcher in a pock marked untruth, with glaring omissions. That for me makes it a completely irrelevant document of the time and more of a nostalgic look back at our clubs recent past ( a guide book ) written by the owners of the establishment many are now questioning, and in some cases itching to confront.

But its only an opinion.

jack to a king on 16:27 - Dec 17 with 1305 viewsMillie

jack to a king on 16:17 - Dec 17 by ScoobyWho

Its a dreadful representation of what happened and most of the interviewees are as much deserving of being in the film as you or I. The very foundation of what happened is distorted and those selected to be involved are misleading the watcher in a pock marked untruth, with glaring omissions. That for me makes it a completely irrelevant document of the time and more of a nostalgic look back at our clubs recent past ( a guide book ) written by the owners of the establishment many are now questioning, and in some cases itching to confront.

But its only an opinion.

It's Mal Pope's version, now one would think he was sucking up to the directors, HJ didn't want much to do with it and let his parents take the lead (which was the best part of the film).
jack to a king on 16:38 - Dec 17 with 1282 viewsScoobyWho

jack to a king on 16:27 - Dec 17 by Millie

It's Mal Pope's version, now one would think he was sucking up to the directors, HJ didn't want much to do with it and let his parents take the lead (which was the best part of the film).

With all due respects to the Chairmans parents ....

WTF ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024