Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? 11:40 - Dec 29 with 5954 viewsWindyMiller

Regularly visit the old AVFTT but prefer this one for how it looks etc but I still don't get why people like BloodTangerine and co insist on calling this the pro-Oyston, deluded or even as today 'pussies' site. I don't think the whole time I've read this site that there has been anyone defending Oyston, people like Curryman are vociferous in their condemnation and the editorials regularly knock the guy.

Think more would use this site if that incorrect perception was finally put to bed.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 11:45 - Dec 29 with 4643 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Windy, I agree. But that would involve people actually reading what each other writes and thinking before responding. And a great many people, sadly, can't debate anything unless they first boil it down to good/bad, black/white, veinbulger/bumspider.

Plenty of room for several sites (BHS offer something different too, although personally I don't much like the atmosphere on there, but it is nicely designed).

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 11:47 - Dec 29 with 4644 viewsSadallover

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 11:45 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Windy, I agree. But that would involve people actually reading what each other writes and thinking before responding. And a great many people, sadly, can't debate anything unless they first boil it down to good/bad, black/white, veinbulger/bumspider.

Plenty of room for several sites (BHS offer something different too, although personally I don't much like the atmosphere on there, but it is nicely designed).

I like it on here - the old forum is too polarised - actually can't wait for Oyston to go so when we talk about Blackpool we're not accused of being a D&G'er or a Bumspider. I commented the other week on there what a good signing Murphy has been and was accused of being a bumspider because Clark brought him in!
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 12:41 - Dec 29 with 4623 viewsTang67

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 11:47 - Dec 29 by Sadallover

I like it on here - the old forum is too polarised - actually can't wait for Oyston to go so when we talk about Blackpool we're not accused of being a D&G'er or a Bumspider. I commented the other week on there what a good signing Murphy has been and was accused of being a bumspider because Clark brought him in!

Its all broken at the moment and it has become polarised to the extent supporting the club in these times is quite unpleasant
I think everybody will agree the actions of Karl Oyston have been the driver behind the discontent
This was not supposed to be the legacy of our PL season
I am actually optimistic that they are about to go and what we are seeing now is a form of brinkmanship and when they do go we will hopefully see a proper football club emerge which is a community of purpose and not just a cash cow
It is currently very bitter and there may be worse to come but for Karl at least we are witnessing the endgame and that can only be good for BFC

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:00 - Dec 29 with 4612 viewsstraightatthewall

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 12:41 - Dec 29 by Tang67

Its all broken at the moment and it has become polarised to the extent supporting the club in these times is quite unpleasant
I think everybody will agree the actions of Karl Oyston have been the driver behind the discontent
This was not supposed to be the legacy of our PL season
I am actually optimistic that they are about to go and what we are seeing now is a form of brinkmanship and when they do go we will hopefully see a proper football club emerge which is a community of purpose and not just a cash cow
It is currently very bitter and there may be worse to come but for Karl at least we are witnessing the endgame and that can only be good for BFC

For a great many, BFC at this moment in time is ALL about the politics and has precious little to do with football. Sad as that is, it's undoubtedly true. For many - me included - this site is a forum for people to discuss deckchair arrangements on the Titanic.

The real issues - whether you like it or not - have nothing to do with eleven strangers (to both us and themselves) playing 90 mins in tangerine. The icon - or so it seems - has realised that now and sooner or later I suspect many more will too. We ALL want to talk about the football; don't get so high and mighty to think that isn't the case among huge swathes of 'bulgers'. Football is our common path. It's why we're all on here in the first place. But right now, it's a pound coin in the middle of the world's biggest dog turd.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:12 - Dec 29 with 4605 viewstde74

Nearly all the threads on here are about the situation, with a few sprinkled in about the football. Apparently that's unacceptable.

This all-or-nothing black and white view of it all is completely idiotic. It's extremism from the bottom set at Taliban remedial school.

I say this as a BST member and someone who emailed the club in May telling them to... and I quote... "stick your 2 year deal up your arse."
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:24 - Dec 29 with 4601 viewsWizaard

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:12 - Dec 29 by tde74

Nearly all the threads on here are about the situation, with a few sprinkled in about the football. Apparently that's unacceptable.

This all-or-nothing black and white view of it all is completely idiotic. It's extremism from the bottom set at Taliban remedial school.

I say this as a BST member and someone who emailed the club in May telling them to... and I quote... "stick your 2 year deal up your arse."

We've just played two games in three days but apparently talking about those games is missing the bigger picture.

Seems to me that the bigger picture is talked about ad infinitum and that even poor performances are a bit of light relief from the non stop bad news off field.

I can't think of anyone who has remotely tried to justify the textgate fiasco nor the Oystons' handling of the club over the past few years.

As such, sometimes it's good to talk about the real reason we are all Pool fans, and that's nothing to do with ownership of the club.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:49 - Dec 29 with 4585 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:00 - Dec 29 by straightatthewall

For a great many, BFC at this moment in time is ALL about the politics and has precious little to do with football. Sad as that is, it's undoubtedly true. For many - me included - this site is a forum for people to discuss deckchair arrangements on the Titanic.

The real issues - whether you like it or not - have nothing to do with eleven strangers (to both us and themselves) playing 90 mins in tangerine. The icon - or so it seems - has realised that now and sooner or later I suspect many more will too. We ALL want to talk about the football; don't get so high and mighty to think that isn't the case among huge swathes of 'bulgers'. Football is our common path. It's why we're all on here in the first place. But right now, it's a pound coin in the middle of the world's biggest dog turd.

Oh I realise a great many things straighters. Including that in your last paragraph (and your first, come to think of it) you exemplify precisely the point I was making. Which is a shame, because you're an intelligent fella.

Your deckchair isn't straight by the way. Get a grip.

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:01 - Dec 29 with 4576 viewsFountain

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:49 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Oh I realise a great many things straighters. Including that in your last paragraph (and your first, come to think of it) you exemplify precisely the point I was making. Which is a shame, because you're an intelligent fella.

Stroppers is right though. The politics at BFC is impacting on the football just as sure and clearly as if we'd signed a £2m striker. They were mutually exclusive, even to me, at one time but they no longer can nor should be.

The dross you see on the pitch is down to the politics and nothing more. Taking it to the nth degree just look at the team alienated by Clark- some players rightly cast aside but some who should be playing a part. (There is more beyond this, but that it better saved for another day.)

You do that and it's clear it's no longer about 'the boys and when they cross the white line'.

slap me on the patio

Login to get fewer ads

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:07 - Dec 29 with 4565 viewscheshire_tangerine

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:01 - Dec 29 by Fountain

Stroppers is right though. The politics at BFC is impacting on the football just as sure and clearly as if we'd signed a £2m striker. They were mutually exclusive, even to me, at one time but they no longer can nor should be.

The dross you see on the pitch is down to the politics and nothing more. Taking it to the nth degree just look at the team alienated by Clark- some players rightly cast aside but some who should be playing a part. (There is more beyond this, but that it better saved for another day.)

You do that and it's clear it's no longer about 'the boys and when they cross the white line'.

Its about a lot more than the next match or even the rest of this season, its about the whole future of our Club.
Football debate is welcomed and I look forward to days again in the future when more than just the odd thread is about what happens on the pitch but there are a lot wider issues at stake at the moment.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 15:04]
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:27 - Dec 29 with 4540 viewsclarkestattoo

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:07 - Dec 29 by cheshire_tangerine

Its about a lot more than the next match or even the rest of this season, its about the whole future of our Club.
Football debate is welcomed and I look forward to days again in the future when more than just the odd thread is about what happens on the pitch but there are a lot wider issues at stake at the moment.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 15:04]

Don't venture over here that much but actually this thread alone is a good example of why this site should work - well thought out intelligent replies and an interesting tangent to the o/p which is that we've stopped talking about the football long ago. That said if they gave us something to talk about then surely we would?

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:37 - Dec 29 with 4533 viewsstraightatthewall

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 13:49 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Robbie,

Chesh's last post is exactly - and ALL - that I meant in mine. I don't 'judge' anyone for wanting to talk about the football, but I do 'judge' them if they still think its important compared to 'the other stuff'. It's a deeply sad scenario and not one I, nor anyone else I'll wager, wants to continue. But it is what it is.

I'm happy with my chair thanks, it's been on firm foundations for several years, unlike some others.....

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:57 - Dec 29 with 4518 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:37 - Dec 29 by straightatthewall

Robbie,

Chesh's last post is exactly - and ALL - that I meant in mine. I don't 'judge' anyone for wanting to talk about the football, but I do 'judge' them if they still think its important compared to 'the other stuff'. It's a deeply sad scenario and not one I, nor anyone else I'll wager, wants to continue. But it is what it is.

I'm happy with my chair thanks, it's been on firm foundations for several years, unlike some others.....

OK straighters I'll take you at your word. But I disagree with the implied statement that football is somehow insignificant. Without wishing to sound like I'm point-scoring, do you think you'd feel that way if you were watching 35/40 games a season? Because I think that DOES colour your view, to a greater or lesser extent. Again, I stress I'm not having a dig.

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:29 - Dec 29 with 4483 viewsstraightatthewall

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 14:57 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

OK straighters I'll take you at your word. But I disagree with the implied statement that football is somehow insignificant. Without wishing to sound like I'm point-scoring, do you think you'd feel that way if you were watching 35/40 games a season? Because I think that DOES colour your view, to a greater or lesser extent. Again, I stress I'm not having a dig.

Look,

every game i get to, I still get the same pre-match buzz and when we equalised at Charlton, I still had that pure passion running through me. It's WHY I go and always will be. But if I'd seen 1 game of 50 this season, it still wouldn't change the fact that at present, events of the pitch are not as important as events off them. Why? Because at this moment in time, whether we stay up or go down will have absolutely no impact on what happens next season. If they are still in charge, then the way the club is run and all the accompanying shite that goes with it will still be the same.

2 things amused me/saddened me about yesterday. One was the comments from Evans about the pitch. The bloody pitch! Yet again. Just 18 months since it was last looking awful, here we are again. And when the accounts come out in a couple of months time, they'll show another massive profit. A massive profit and a pitch that isn't fit for purpose. Enough said really.

The second was the reaction to Dom Telford's goal. So many posts on various sites basically saying 'well that's him gone then....' Black comedy really, but there's so much truth ingrained in those comments and the thoughts that drive them, that you can understand why they are said and the total disillusionment that many loyal supporters now share.

The club is a hollow vessel. It has no soul and it is corrupt. It's our job to rectify that, because players like Eagles, O'Hara, O'Dea etc...etc...are ships passing in the night. PLayers that you would have despised only 12 months ago as being all that is wrong with modern football. And here they are now playing for Mercenaries'R'Us FC. Until these things are resolved, it's impossible for most to just think 'we've always got the football'. It's a release for sure. But it shouldn't be used as a roadblock to what is truly important. And I'd add that I know that for supporters such as Wiz and yourself and many others too, it's a totally alien and wrong concept. It might even be one that you can never embrace. Fair enough if that's the case.

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:38 - Dec 29 with 4469 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:29 - Dec 29 by straightatthewall

Look,

every game i get to, I still get the same pre-match buzz and when we equalised at Charlton, I still had that pure passion running through me. It's WHY I go and always will be. But if I'd seen 1 game of 50 this season, it still wouldn't change the fact that at present, events of the pitch are not as important as events off them. Why? Because at this moment in time, whether we stay up or go down will have absolutely no impact on what happens next season. If they are still in charge, then the way the club is run and all the accompanying shite that goes with it will still be the same.

2 things amused me/saddened me about yesterday. One was the comments from Evans about the pitch. The bloody pitch! Yet again. Just 18 months since it was last looking awful, here we are again. And when the accounts come out in a couple of months time, they'll show another massive profit. A massive profit and a pitch that isn't fit for purpose. Enough said really.

The second was the reaction to Dom Telford's goal. So many posts on various sites basically saying 'well that's him gone then....' Black comedy really, but there's so much truth ingrained in those comments and the thoughts that drive them, that you can understand why they are said and the total disillusionment that many loyal supporters now share.

The club is a hollow vessel. It has no soul and it is corrupt. It's our job to rectify that, because players like Eagles, O'Hara, O'Dea etc...etc...are ships passing in the night. PLayers that you would have despised only 12 months ago as being all that is wrong with modern football. And here they are now playing for Mercenaries'R'Us FC. Until these things are resolved, it's impossible for most to just think 'we've always got the football'. It's a release for sure. But it shouldn't be used as a roadblock to what is truly important. And I'd add that I know that for supporters such as Wiz and yourself and many others too, it's a totally alien and wrong concept. It might even be one that you can never embrace. Fair enough if that's the case.

Blimey, did I just provoke you in to an honest emotional reaction?

Seriously,I understand what you are saying, I agree with some of it and appreciate you taking the trouble.

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:56 - Dec 29 with 4456 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:29 - Dec 29 by straightatthewall

Look,

I warned about a year ago negativity would only accelerate our fall and so it has proved. I think the damage is so bad that 2 or even 3 relegations are now possible if thing continue in the same vein. Therefore, the quicker the situation is changed, the better... but I fear a never ending waiting game will ensue and we will all suffer for many years to come.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:04 - Dec 29 with 4445 viewsRusty2Stands

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:56 - Dec 29 by BigHandsOliverKahn

I warned about a year ago negativity would only accelerate our fall and so it has proved. I think the damage is so bad that 2 or even 3 relegations are now possible if thing continue in the same vein. Therefore, the quicker the situation is changed, the better... but I fear a never ending waiting game will ensue and we will all suffer for many years to come.

I warned about a year ago negativity would only accelerate our fall

You really still don't get it do you?
Ask yourself three questions.
1. Who is responsible for the negativity surrounding BFC?
2. Are you happy with BFC's current position?
3. Are you happy with Karl Oyston's contribution to BFC's current position.

Even though I'm sure your answer to question 1 will be the fans, I would really like you to have a serious think about that before you answer. And don't answer the questions with another question.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:09 - Dec 29 with 4442 viewsMephistopheles

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:38 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Seriously,I understand what you are saying, I agree with some of it and appreciate you taking the trouble.

Think I'm with straightface, founts and chesh overall but completely agree baz that the football still merits discussion, even if the despicable stewardship dominates the current fayre on offer.

We are in a crisis, no beyond a crisis and until the regime in charge is ousted and replaced with a better and more football focussed one this disaster will continue unabated.

When you line everything up - the windfall on the back of a miracle and where it has ended up versus where the team/club has ended up it is horrible to watch and horrible to try and support.

Finally BHOK I won't ever call you complicit but I seriously worry that a number of 'fans' share your viewpoint. Scary.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:28 - Dec 29 with 4420 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:09 - Dec 29 by Mephistopheles

Think I'm with straightface, founts and chesh overall but completely agree baz that the football still merits discussion, even if the despicable stewardship dominates the current fayre on offer.

We are in a crisis, no beyond a crisis and until the regime in charge is ousted and replaced with a better and more football focussed one this disaster will continue unabated.

When you line everything up - the windfall on the back of a miracle and where it has ended up versus where the team/club has ended up it is horrible to watch and horrible to try and support.

Finally BHOK I won't ever call you complicit but I seriously worry that a number of 'fans' share your viewpoint. Scary.

Only pointing out that turmoil off the pitch can never do anything but worsen a situation.

It's a real worry now though that I still see no concrete evidence of a genuine bidder or a willing seller so this could drag on for decades to come.
This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:31 - Dec 29 with 4417 viewsstraightatthewall

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 15:38 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Why wouldn't I be emotional about this?

It's our club that we all love. And seeing it like this - through deliberate action - is really hard to take. That's why I barely post more lighthearted stuff nowadays. When you can't make up a comedy diary from the club that is more ridiculous than the real thing, then you know you've got problems.....

And on a serious note. It was genuinely good to hear about your discussions with certain other people recently. The more brains we've got pulling in the right direction the better chance we have.

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:40 - Dec 29 with 4403 viewsTang67

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:28 - Dec 29 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Only pointing out that turmoil off the pitch can never do anything but worsen a situation.

It's a real worry now though that I still see no concrete evidence of a genuine bidder or a willing seller so this could drag on for decades to come.

BHOK it is a shame that everything is overshadowed by what is going on off the pitch.I am absolutely certain off field stuff manifests itself on the pitch so the dross we see on the pitch is mirrored by what is going on behind the scenes.
I don't think this will go on much longer and believe external factors will come in to play-FA,FL,petitions,Valery Belekon( i know he is president but he has clearly been thoroughly marginalized) and a very hostile media.
The maladministration and rank PR could be overlooked in the past but all this combined means the Oystons are in a world of shi'ite.
I think Karl may step down but not sure if that will placate "the mob"
The club appears to be rotten at the moment but in a year or two we could again have a club we can be proud of
As for our league status-well that's another discussion

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:41 - Dec 29 with 4401 viewsFountain

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:09 - Dec 29 by Mephistopheles

Mephs, I agree we should talk football for our sanity if nothing else, but imagine the following exchange:

Poster A- 'McMahon and Clarke aren't half giving away stup pens and freekick, added to that is the LB whether Dunne or Kennedy have mistakes galore in them'.

Poster B- 'Agreed mate , we should be signing better than these! And surely we have a better LB on our books????'

Poster C-'What do you expect when we won't spend and we are cash rich- the envy of the football league no less!! Why cannot we just spend some instead of constantly downgrading ALL the time because when you do results and tables will reflect this. Not rocket science and it's down to the owners'.

Poster D- 'Quality wins matches and quality in the main costs, even if it's free it has to be scouted and that still costs'.

Posters A, B and C- 'AGREED '.

There is a common denominator which not only distracts but takes over football talk. And I know most fans want nothing more than to talk about the quality of a goal, who's our best CB pairing etc but it's impossible to do.

slap me on the patio

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:42 - Dec 29 with 4396 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:31 - Dec 29 by straightatthewall

Why wouldn't I be emotional about this?

It's our club that we all love. And seeing it like this - through deliberate action - is really hard to take. That's why I barely post more lighthearted stuff nowadays. When you can't make up a comedy diary from the club that is more ridiculous than the real thing, then you know you've got problems.....

And on a serious note. It was genuinely good to hear about your discussions with certain other people recently. The more brains we've got pulling in the right direction the better chance we have.

Well, I understand the emotion, but I'm sorry that it is constraining your more humorous side.

As to the other thing, thank you, it's good of you to say so.

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:45 - Dec 29 with 4392 viewsFountain

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:42 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Well, I understand the emotion, but I'm sorry that it is constraining your more humorous side.

As to the other thing, thank you, it's good of you to say so.

Take it you've joined the Darts team

slap me on the patio

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:49 - Dec 29 with 4382 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:45 - Dec 29 by Fountain

Take it you've joined the Darts team

I've been playing for the darts team for years, on and off.

Far more off than on though.

edit to add : Ooooh, minus two! I'll have to rein in these hard-hitting posts, clearly.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 17:45]

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 17:08 - Dec 29 with 4352 viewsBloodtangerine

This is a BFC Forum - why do some see it as anything else? on 16:49 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

I've been playing for the darts team for years, on and off.

Far more off than on though.

edit to add : Ooooh, minus two! I'll have to rein in these hard-hitting posts, clearly.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 17:45]

I didnt call this a pussy site...I ws very clearly referring to the other site post game last night not this one.

I also have never labelled this a pro Oyston site...plenty have and do but I havent

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024