Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Telford & Waddington 10:10 - Jan 6 with 2614 viewshindu_seasider

Could possibly leave as Oyston is refusing to pay more than £200 per week. Is he taking the piss?! This confirms he doesn't have a clue how to run a football club
Telford & Waddington on 11:04 - Jan 6 with 2590 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

AS WW says in the Gazette, this makes no sense whatsoever.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Telford & Waddington on 11:12 - Jan 6 with 2587 viewsgiro

Telford & Waddington on 11:04 - Jan 6 by basilrobbiereborn

AS WW says in the Gazette, this makes no sense whatsoever.

Robbie,
Other than sheer vindictiveness?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 11:13]
Telford & Waddington on 11:34 - Jan 6 with 2559 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Telford & Waddington on 11:12 - Jan 6 by giro

Robbie,
Other than sheer vindictiveness?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 11:13]

It's an interesting theory, but I put it down to short-sightedness. He's been in the bunker too long.

Telford & Waddington on 11:55 - Jan 6 with 2551 viewsgiro

Telford & Waddington on 11:34 - Jan 6 by basilrobbiereborn

It's an interesting theory, but I put it down to short-sightedness. He's been in the bunker too long.

Robbie,

I have to admire your, albeit misplaced, loyalty.

As a neutral. I can clearly see they is no such thing as black or white, there are shades of grey.

However, in this particular case, one side is very light grey and the other, very, very dark.

No guesses for which side of the fence I'd fall.
Telford & Waddington on 12:10 - Jan 6 with 2531 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Telford & Waddington on 11:55 - Jan 6 by giro

Robbie,

I have to admire your, albeit misplaced, loyalty.

As a neutral. I can clearly see they is no such thing as black or white, there are shades of grey.

However, in this particular case, one side is very light grey and the other, very, very dark.

No guesses for which side of the fence I'd fall.

It's not loyalty Giro. I don't know them and hold no brief for them. I've defended them in the past from some of the abuse, and I can't abide hypocrisy. And I still think the behaviour of some of our supporters is so bad it completely undermines their cause .

Your point about black, white and grey is interesting. My belief is that KO did a pretty decent job right up to the point that Holloway left. I think he was then unlucky to an extent with Appleton, who used him to get out of a hopeless situation at Pompey. Since then though, he's done little right, and as the abuse has mounted, so the stubbornness has kicked in. And if people think it's utterly pig-headed stubbornness, I'd wholeheartedly agree with them.

I think that's a balanced view of it, but a lot of people are in no mood for balance.

Telford & Waddington on 12:33 - Jan 6 with 2499 viewsgiro

Telford & Waddington on 12:10 - Jan 6 by basilrobbiereborn

It's not loyalty Giro. I don't know them and hold no brief for them. I've defended them in the past from some of the abuse, and I can't abide hypocrisy. And I still think the behaviour of some of our supporters is so bad it completely undermines their cause .

Your point about black, white and grey is interesting. My belief is that KO did a pretty decent job right up to the point that Holloway left. I think he was then unlucky to an extent with Appleton, who used him to get out of a hopeless situation at Pompey. Since then though, he's done little right, and as the abuse has mounted, so the stubbornness has kicked in. And if people think it's utterly pig-headed stubbornness, I'd wholeheartedly agree with them.

I think that's a balanced view of it, but a lot of people are in no mood for balance.

Totally agree with you about personal abuse. However, I do believe he has been the architect of his own downfall , or should I say, Blackpools downfall.
As unlucky as he was with Appleton, he got lucky with Holloway. Trust me, that's not sour grapes, I genuinely believe that.
Given that he/they seem to have trousered most of the Premiership money and parachute payments, it seems fairly clear to me where his loyalty lies. Unfortunately it's not with the genuine fans.
Telford & Waddington on 12:33 - Jan 6 with 2498 viewshindu_seasider

This begs the question....does Karl actually know what he's doing? Or is he intentionally looking to screw us over?
Telford & Waddington on 12:45 - Jan 6 with 2481 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Different kids have different abilities and different potential so it seems odd if standard deals at such a low market rate are offered to all half decent kids.
Login to get fewer ads

Telford & Waddington on 13:48 - Jan 6 with 2433 viewsBFCx3

Robbie, if that is what counts as 'balanced' these days, then the earths polar shift must be advancing quicker than I had realised...It's tokenism at best!!

I could jet off here into some hugely repetitive diatribe regarding Oystons tenure, provide statistical analysis to back it up both pre and post belokon etc.. but I won't...well I might!

I think it is suficient to take you up for now on a single point and one which you appear to pass off as almost normal, in fact I think in the past you may have even considered it advantageous...'Karls Stubborness'

Forgive me, but in my book the reaction of our £500K per annum salaried Chairman to the ongoing descent from an ever increasing number of supporters is more akin to that of a four year old child refusing to put his socks on for school, as opposed to that of a Mid Fourties supposedly educated individual, with considerable responsibility.

The supporters of this club have by and large acted with great patience and dignity and even those who have eventually resorted to less than savoury attacks on the Oystons have only done so in sheer desparation, following Months, nay Years of perseverence with more reasonable attempts to cajole a modicum of common sense out of the leadership at Blackpool FC.

There is no justification at all for this child like response from Oyston, which is quite clearly detremental to the Football Club, if not the safely squirreled millions. This stubborness is not a quality nor is it a fitting reaction and even if it were, he has contributed as much to the backlash he has received in any case. HE is the root cause of every problem that exists within our club, even the ones we had for his last ill considered managerial appointment who he claimed he had been 'duly dilligent' with prior to employing.

I could be wrong, but for my money, this is a child who has never fully grown up and one who has brought his silly schoolboy reactions into a businessmans world. He has never had to stand on his own two feet and as such has not been through that right of passage that enables most of us to move on from our childlike responses to what life has to throw at us and become men.

It is all rather pathetic in my book ....

As for the Telford and Waddington situation...I actually don't even particularly put it down to stubborness...I think it is just blindness and sheer incompetence.....He simply is not capable of performing the role for which he is employed.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 18:41]
Telford & Waddington on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 2424 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Telford & Waddington on 13:48 - Jan 6 by BFCx3

Robbie, if that is what counts as 'balanced' these days, then the earths polar shift must be advancing quicker than I had realised...It's tokenism at best!!

I could jet off here into some hugely repetitive diatribe regarding Oystons tenure, provide statistical analysis to back it up both pre and post belokon etc.. but I won't...well I might!

I think it is suficient to take you up for now on a single point and one which you appear to pass off as almost normal, in fact I think in the past you may have even considered it advantageous...'Karls Stubborness'

Forgive me, but in my book the reaction of our £500K per annum salaried Chairman to the ongoing descent from an ever increasing number of supporters is more akin to that of a four year old child refusing to put his socks on for school, as opposed to that of a Mid Fourties supposedly educated individual, with considerable responsibility.

The supporters of this club have by and large acted with great patience and dignity and even those who have eventually resorted to less than savoury attacks on the Oystons have only done so in sheer desparation, following Months, nay Years of perseverence with more reasonable attempts to cajole a modicum of common sense out of the leadership at Blackpool FC.

There is no justification at all for this child like response from Oyston, which is quite clearly detremental to the Football Club, if not the safely squirreled millions. This stubborness is not a quality nor is it a fitting reaction and even if it were, he has contributed as much to the backlash he has received in any case. HE is the root cause of every problem that exists within our club, even the ones we had for his last ill considered managerial appointment who he claimed he had been 'duly dilligent' with prior to employing.

I could be wrong, but for my money, this is a child who has never fully grown up and one who has brought his silly schoolboy reactions into a businessmans world. He has never had to stand on his own two feet and as such has not been through that right of passage that enables most of us to move on from our childlike responses to what life has to throw at us and become men.

It is all rather pathetic in my book ....

As for the Telford and Waddington situation...I actually don't even particularly put it down to stubborness...I think it is just blindness and sheer incompetence.....He simply is not capable of performing the role for which he is employed.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 18:41]

x3

we could argue over the words for ever, but it won't change much. As I implied, the way he is currently behaving he deserves a lot of what he gets.

They key word is "currently". As I said, something has changed and it may well be that it is simply the sudden influx of money that has precipitated the change in attitude. I think that is part of it, but think that the deteriorating relationship with the support that has largely stemmed from that money has taken on a life all of its own, certainly in the manner in which he communicates and behaves.

I rarely post about it at all now. I don't understand what he thinks he's doing, and I find a lot of what is written about him and his family ugly and unedifying.

Telford & Waddington on 14:17 - Jan 6 with 2410 viewsBFCx3

Telford & Waddington on 14:01 - Jan 6 by basilrobbiereborn

x3

we could argue over the words for ever, but it won't change much. As I implied, the way he is currently behaving he deserves a lot of what he gets.

They key word is "currently". As I said, something has changed and it may well be that it is simply the sudden influx of money that has precipitated the change in attitude. I think that is part of it, but think that the deteriorating relationship with the support that has largely stemmed from that money has taken on a life all of its own, certainly in the manner in which he communicates and behaves.

I rarely post about it at all now. I don't understand what he thinks he's doing, and I find a lot of what is written about him and his family ugly and unedifying.

I think many of his unfortunate traits have been there throughout his tenure to be honest. We had glimpses in the early days during the reign of both Mcmahon and Hendry of the persona that has now fully manifest.

I think the money has served to highlight what most people already knew and what could possibly be brushed off as justifiable previously. For me the influx of money has amplified pretty much all of his negative points and any postitives that he managed to formerly bring to the party seem to have drifted out of sight.

I personally think that just like many managers, Karl Oyston has limitations and in reality those limitations do not extend beyond League 1. His limited abilities at this level were somewhat tempered by VB's influence in the boardroom, but it seems pretty clear to me that it is a world which extends way beyond his peronal comfort zone.

I agree that some of what is said about his family is pretty ugly, but I also think the way in which he has mistreated my football club and the inumerable decent supporters is pretty damned ugly too.

He's a horrible and throughly nasty bloke Robbie, when all said and done...That's the top and bottom of it....
Telford & Waddington on 14:27 - Jan 6 with 2389 viewsLytham_FY8

Telford & Waddington on 14:01 - Jan 6 by basilrobbiereborn

x3

So it's basically still all the supporters fault and Joffrey is mearly reacting?

Blimey, with that attitutude it's no wonder we're in the mess that the more astute amongst predicted a long time ago.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Telford & Waddington on 14:51 - Jan 6 with 2363 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Telford & Waddington on 14:27 - Jan 6 by Lytham_FY8

So it's basically still all the supporters fault and Joffrey is mearly reacting?

Blimey, with that attitutude it's no wonder we're in the mess that the more astute amongst predicted a long time ago.

Read what I said properly. You might start with the first paragraph.

Telford & Waddington on 15:53 - Jan 6 with 2327 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Telford & Waddington on 14:51 - Jan 6 by basilrobbiereborn

Read what I said properly. You might start with the first paragraph.

I understand fully what he thinks he is doing....he is taking the pi$$ out of every single Blackpool supporter and trousering every single penny he can in the name of self greed.

I feel sorry for each and every fan spending their hard earned cash on following a ghost of a club, especially you Robbie, you deserve far far more than this.

We will rise again once they are gone.

BFC x 3. Excellent post btw

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Telford & Waddington on 17:34 - Jan 6 with 2265 viewsstraightatthewall

Telford & Waddington on 15:53 - Jan 6 by KhonKaenSeasider

I understand fully what he thinks he is doing....he is taking the pi$$ out of every single Blackpool supporter and trousering every single penny he can in the name of self greed.

I feel sorry for each and every fan spending their hard earned cash on following a ghost of a club, especially you Robbie, you deserve far far more than this.

We will rise again once they are gone.

BFC x 3. Excellent post btw

It's asset stripping at its most basic.

There's very little else to say about it. Other than to ask Robbie if he still hopes they succeed....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Telford & Waddington on 18:50 - Jan 6 with 2223 viewsTejas

I don't think Oyston has ever run the Club like a "Football Club". More like a paper shop!
Telford & Waddington on 19:38 - Jan 6 with 2187 viewsTang67

Telford & Waddington on 18:50 - Jan 6 by Tejas

I don't think Oyston has ever run the Club like a "Football Club". More like a paper shop!

Whatever they are up to there can no longer be any pretence they are putting football first .

I have always maintained it has been a combination of greed and incompetence regards the Oyston

This is beginning to look like something more sinister , this looks like sabotage

Robbie join the protests - does not mean being abusive it means standing up for your club

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Telford & Waddington on 20:22 - Jan 6 with 2167 viewsribble

If we actually do allow two of our brightest hopes to walk away on the basis that KO doesn't consider the pair worth more than £200 per week, then I really will to start to wonder what the point of it all is. Following Blackpool FC is getting more depressing by the day.
Telford & Waddington on 20:55 - Jan 6 with 2136 viewsspooner

Telford & Waddington on 20:22 - Jan 6 by ribble

If we actually do allow two of our brightest hopes to walk away on the basis that KO doesn't consider the pair worth more than £200 per week, then I really will to start to wonder what the point of it all is. Following Blackpool FC is getting more depressing by the day.

Once again, Ribble makes a valid point and gets us back on topic.
In all honesty, do we, or any potential bidder, know how good these young lads are?
Their commitment and enthusiasm are lighting up an otherwise gloomy state of affairs within our club, but amongst the ragbag assortment of cast-offs and loanees, what is the benchmark?
Will their application alone raise their stock above that of of their colleagues?
Do they have a head start because they are keen to maximise the opportunity to play for Blackpool?
Wouldn't a "big" club think twice about investing before they've seen the lads playing alongside, if not high-class players, then those of Championship quality?
I would hope Lee Clark is doing his utmost to persuade Karl to nurture the boys here, for their sake as well as ours.
Paul Ince is beginning to seem more credible than we perhaps thought
Telford & Waddington on 23:05 - Jan 6 with 2085 viewsHarryHorse

Telford & Waddington on 20:55 - Jan 6 by spooner

Once again, Ribble makes a valid point and gets us back on topic.
In all honesty, do we, or any potential bidder, know how good these young lads are?
Their commitment and enthusiasm are lighting up an otherwise gloomy state of affairs within our club, but amongst the ragbag assortment of cast-offs and loanees, what is the benchmark?
Will their application alone raise their stock above that of of their colleagues?
Do they have a head start because they are keen to maximise the opportunity to play for Blackpool?
Wouldn't a "big" club think twice about investing before they've seen the lads playing alongside, if not high-class players, then those of Championship quality?
I would hope Lee Clark is doing his utmost to persuade Karl to nurture the boys here, for their sake as well as ours.
Paul Ince is beginning to seem more credible than we perhaps thought

Closing (and going) down sale. Everything must go .
Telford & Waddington on 00:31 - Jan 7 with 2065 viewsphil007tangerine

Telford & Waddington on 23:05 - Jan 6 by HarryHorse

Closing (and going) down sale. Everything must go .

In a nutshell Harry it sure looks that way.
Telford & Waddington on 08:44 - Jan 7 with 2013 viewsCurryman

Telford & Waddington on 00:31 - Jan 7 by phil007tangerine

In a nutshell Harry it sure looks that way.

Seems to me like a basic them and us scenario.

Investment Bankers earning unbelievable fortunes whils their counterparts in the branches earn very little.

Counscil, NHS Chief Execs and other bean counters earning vast sums whilst the average man/woman doing the hard work are on minimum wage or worse.

KO on £500k plus add ons, no doubt, for blundering around the place making enemy after enemy and not solving the basic problems that fans can see, whilst Telford and Waddington, two very bright prospects, are made derisery offers.

You couldn'y make it up.

You coukldn'y make it up.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Telford & Waddington on 09:34 - Jan 7 with 1997 viewsscratchingshed

Telford & Waddington on 08:44 - Jan 7 by Curryman

Seems to me like a basic them and us scenario.

Investment Bankers earning unbelievable fortunes whils their counterparts in the branches earn very little.

Counscil, NHS Chief Execs and other bean counters earning vast sums whilst the average man/woman doing the hard work are on minimum wage or worse.

KO on £500k plus add ons, no doubt, for blundering around the place making enemy after enemy and not solving the basic problems that fans can see, whilst Telford and Waddington, two very bright prospects, are made derisery offers.

You couldn'y make it up.

You coukldn'y make it up.

I've been telling you that ribble from day one and all you did was give me grief for it.
Telford & Waddington on 19:30 - Jan 7 with 1911 viewsribble

Telford & Waddington on 09:34 - Jan 7 by scratchingshed

I've been telling you that ribble from day one and all you did was give me grief for it.

Aw, don't be like that, shed. All I've ever done is treat your posts with the respect they deserve. Especially your occasional but unique insights on British history. I rather enjoyed those.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024