Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BSA ditch KO 11:12 - Jan 9 with 5645 viewsAVFTTConvert

BSA will, with immediate effect, be withdrawing from talks with the chairman of Blackpool Football Club.
We feel that we have been given no alternative for the following reasons:

The chairman’s recent words and actions have alienated supporters and brought our football club into disrepute.
While we appreciate that his family has been the subject of a great deal of abuse, which we do not condone, we feel his apology was not commensurate with the damage done to supporters, particularly those who have disabilities.
Despite the success of the Holloway years our club has since lost the respect of the footballing world; fans feel they are no longer respected and Blackpool is no longer the growing, family club it once was.
A lack of long term vision under his stewardship has meant our decline from a competitive Championship team to one that looks likely to be relegated.
The structures for future success have not been put in place in the way that we would expect for a cash-rich club like ours, whether it be building a scouting network, updating training facilities, striving to retain our successful youth players or maintaining the ground.
While our members have welcomed the opportunity to put their concerns to him directly at Fans Forums, constructive criticism seems not to have been acted upon or at times recognised for the positive support for the club it is.
In his public statements and actions the chairman does not seem to share our pride in this great club, our aspirations for its future or our reasonable desire to see a long term Premier League legacy and wise investment of the funds that the Premier League has generated.

Through our members forums and direct communication we have as an organisation consistently urged the chairman to look again at the way the club is run, to listen to the concerns of genuine supporters and win back hearts and minds. This he has consistently failed to do. BSA have consistently spoken in the Blackpool Gazette about the need for communication with the fans and investment in the club - a selection of some of more recent examples of these articles are appended below.
Should there be a change of ownership or executive leadership - or clear signs of a long term vision - we would, of course, reconsider this decision, but we have with some regret reached the conclusion that there has recently been an unwillingness to listen to this particular voice of the fans and to act upon it.
We remain an organisation committed to dialogue as the only way to effect permanent change. At this moment in time, however, we feel that continuing to hold talks with the chairman when there is so little sign of long term vision and attempts to heal wounds would be counterproductive.
We once again want a club where all supporters feel they are valued, where the internecine warfare which is tearing our club apart has ended and where chairman and supporters work together in an atmosphere of mutual respect and shared purpose. If this action is s step towards achieving that goal it will have been worthwhile.
BSA members are, as always, invited to contact the committee if they have comments, concerns or questions about this decision.
We would like to make clear that this decision is in no way influenced by the intimidation that BSA members have been subjected to. A separate communication will follow on this matter next week.
Yours sincerely,
BSA Committee

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

BSA ditch KO on 11:17 - Jan 9 with 4612 viewsCurryman

Well said BSA, it's only a shame that you could not have issued such a statement before Fiona was left in the unenviable position she found herself in.

Love BFC hate the Oystons.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

BSA ditch KO on 11:41 - Jan 9 with 4558 viewsterminallytangerine

BSA ditch KO on 11:17 - Jan 9 by Curryman

Well said BSA, it's only a shame that you could not have issued such a statement before Fiona was left in the unenviable position she found herself in.

Supporters should not be the subject of abuse and intimidation regardless of statements made or not made IMHO.
BSA ditch KO on 12:03 - Jan 9 with 4520 views20togo

BSA ditch KO on 11:41 - Jan 9 by terminallytangerine

Supporters should not be the subject of abuse and intimidation regardless of statements made or not made IMHO.

agree with you TT.

That's an absolute nonsense Curryman. FM's actions wre brought about because of the fans, not the Oystons.
BSA ditch KO on 12:13 - Jan 9 with 4508 viewsWizaard

BSA ditch KO on 12:03 - Jan 9 by 20togo

agree with you TT.

That's an absolute nonsense Curryman. FM's actions wre brought about because of the fans, not the Oystons.

20s

Think Curryman is saying that FIona wouldn't have been in the position of receiving abuse for the perceived 'non-action' if BSA had cut the ties earlier.

Doesn't excuse the abuse BTW.
BSA ditch KO on 12:39 - Jan 9 with 4473 viewsPNENIL

BSA ditch KO on 12:13 - Jan 9 by Wizaard

20s

Think Curryman is saying that FIona wouldn't have been in the position of receiving abuse for the perceived 'non-action' if BSA had cut the ties earlier.

Welcome the move because it puts more pressure on the Oyston's but this should have been done a long time ago.
BSA ditch KO on 12:45 - Jan 9 with 4465 views20togo

BSA ditch KO on 12:13 - Jan 9 by Wizaard

20s

Well, I'll let him explain.

Basically I read what you say is that it's BSA's fault. Oh no it is isn't. The abuse she received is the fans fault no -one elses. That statement could have been issued six months ago but I'm sure she'd verify that the abuse has been going on longer than that.

So I stand by my comments.
BSA ditch KO on 13:10 - Jan 9 with 4431 viewsWizaard

BSA ditch KO on 12:45 - Jan 9 by 20togo

Basically I read what you say is that it's BSA's fault. Oh no it is isn't. The abuse she received is the fans fault no -one elses. That statement could have been issued six months ago but I'm sure she'd verify that the abuse has been going on longer than that.

It's right that ties are cut now, but I still maintain that dialogue was necessary previously if only to show that not all fans are hate filled screamers, but simply want the best for their club.

There's nothing wrong with criticism made in a logical, persuasive manner. If anything, it's more likely to win over the person it's aimed at.

Having said that, it's got the point where it's clear that Oyston is hell bent on pursuing his own path and agenda, so there's simply no point in speaking.
BSA ditch KO on 15:43 - Jan 9 with 4353 viewsCurryman

BSA ditch KO on 12:45 - Jan 9 by 20togo

20's it's not like you to jump into something without firstly checking your facts, and I have thought about whether or not to reply to your mistaken belief that I was taking this one incident on it's own.

I replied to the original problems that Fiona was having a couple of months ago, on which board I cannot remember, and basically told her to stand strong against the bullies and fight on.

I have looked up two recent posts of mine, as below, for your information to show you that Wizzard is exactly right in his response to you on my behalf.

Post one - Dec 27th on this board:

'Ok I wasn't at the Wednesday game, but have read all the reports and the accompanying furore about the goings on between a section of the crowd, BSA officials and others.

I am not a member of BSA so have no axe to grind for them, likewise I am not a type that would harangue or vilify them because they are not doing what I want them to do. It is not, in my opinion, the correct manner in how to conduct yourself towards fellow fans.

This type of behaviour , basically hate, reminds me of things I've read about happening in Nazi Germany under Hitler and in Communist Russia under Stalin, i.e. if you don't think the way I do then the mob will come and smash your windows, burn your books put you in a camp whether that be a labour camp or a staleg. That may sound a little over the top, but it is the spark that could start the fire, and it is one of the reasons I have decided not to go the the Rotherham game tomorrow. I don't want to witness fan on fan, I want to see the back of the O's, the real enemy within.

Protest, chant, jump up and down do what you will but do not split the ranks and give KO succour when the pressure is starting to build nicely on both him and his odious, execrable, loathsome family.'

Post two - Jan 8th, on this board:

'I have had the pleasure of knowing Fiona for a number of years and have always found her to be a sincere young woman. That said, I feel she may not have realised the poisoned chalice she had taken on when acting as Chairman during Glenn's absence from the post.

I was not at Sheffield, but heard about it as well as being told about it by those who attended and at the time condemned those who decided to deride fellow Blackpool fans. She is most certainly a fan of many years.

I truly feel sorry that she has felt the need to step down from a position she volunteered to do during a period of unprecedented disintegration of trust and communication between the fans and the owners.

My opinion is the statement about' textgate', now seen, was probably not promoted as it should have been and should have had more of an airing in the public domain, this may have helped her ride the storm, and for this miscalculation it is a sad indictment that one young lady is made a scapegoat for all others who should have known better.

Good luck Fiona, put this down to experience, albeit a bad one, and bounce back.'

So I hope you can see I have been aware of the situation for some time now and as you can also read I am not a member of the organisation. That said, a committee must take collective responsibility for what is or is not published and my opinion is that it would have eased the burden on Fiona and for that matter other committee members had the original statement been made more public and then followed it up with the current one.

That is my opinion 20's, and I'm sticking to it.

Login to get fewer ads

BSA ditch KO on 15:57 - Jan 9 with 4332 views20togo

BSA ditch KO on 11:17 - Jan 9 by Curryman

Curryman

Yes, I was aware of both those posts and your condemnation of the fans which as I point out in my reply to Wiz who for me are solely to blame.

My interpretation of your first post is that you seem to put some blame - by using the word shame= on BSA for not issuing a statement before. ie I believed you were meaning nmonths ago.

I've now read your first post again and I now realise I've interpreted it wrongly and I fully understand your point.

My apologies..
BSA ditch KO on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 4325 viewsCurryman

BSA ditch KO on 15:57 - Jan 9 by 20togo

Curryman

Yes, I was aware of both those posts and your condemnation of the fans which as I point out in my reply to Wiz who for me are solely to blame.

My interpretation of your first post is that you seem to put some blame - by using the word shame= on BSA for not issuing a statement before. ie I believed you were meaning nmonths ago.

I've now read your first post again and I now realise I've interpreted it wrongly and I fully understand your point.

My apologies..

Apology accepted 20's.

We can all read into things on a message board that aren't there, and I'm just as big a culprit as anyone else.

BSA ditch KO on 16:14 - Jan 9 with 4314 viewsTejas

Maybe now we can stop throwing rocks at each other and unite against the common enemy.
BSA ditch KO on 17:23 - Jan 9 with 4283 viewsterminallytangerine

BSA ditch KO on 15:43 - Jan 9 by Curryman

20's it's not like you to jump into something without firstly checking your facts, and I have thought about whether or not to reply to your mistaken belief that I was taking this one incident on it's own.

I replied to the original problems that Fiona was having a couple of months ago, on which board I cannot remember, and basically told her to stand strong against the bullies and fight on.

I have looked up two recent posts of mine, as below, for your information to show you that Wizzard is exactly right in his response to you on my behalf.

Post one - Dec 27th on this board:

'Ok I wasn't at the Wednesday game, but have read all the reports and the accompanying furore about the goings on between a section of the crowd, BSA officials and others.

I am not a member of BSA so have no axe to grind for them, likewise I am not a type that would harangue or vilify them because they are not doing what I want them to do. It is not, in my opinion, the correct manner in how to conduct yourself towards fellow fans.

This type of behaviour , basically hate, reminds me of things I've read about happening in Nazi Germany under Hitler and in Communist Russia under Stalin, i.e. if you don't think the way I do then the mob will come and smash your windows, burn your books put you in a camp whether that be a labour camp or a staleg. That may sound a little over the top, but it is the spark that could start the fire, and it is one of the reasons I have decided not to go the the Rotherham game tomorrow. I don't want to witness fan on fan, I want to see the back of the O's, the real enemy within.

Protest, chant, jump up and down do what you will but do not split the ranks and give KO succour when the pressure is starting to build nicely on both him and his odious, execrable, loathsome family.'

Post two - Jan 8th, on this board:

'I have had the pleasure of knowing Fiona for a number of years and have always found her to be a sincere young woman. That said, I feel she may not have realised the poisoned chalice she had taken on when acting as Chairman during Glenn's absence from the post.

I was not at Sheffield, but heard about it as well as being told about it by those who attended and at the time condemned those who decided to deride fellow Blackpool fans. She is most certainly a fan of many years.

I truly feel sorry that she has felt the need to step down from a position she volunteered to do during a period of unprecedented disintegration of trust and communication between the fans and the owners.

My opinion is the statement about' textgate', now seen, was probably not promoted as it should have been and should have had more of an airing in the public domain, this may have helped her ride the storm, and for this miscalculation it is a sad indictment that one young lady is made a scapegoat for all others who should have known better.

Good luck Fiona, put this down to experience, albeit a bad one, and bounce back.'

So I hope you can see I have been aware of the situation for some time now and as you can also read I am not a member of the organisation. That said, a committee must take collective responsibility for what is or is not published and my opinion is that it would have eased the burden on Fiona and for that matter other committee members had the original statement been made more public and then followed it up with the current one.

That is my opinion 20's, and I'm sticking to it.

Well I'm pleased that my interpretation of the original statement by Blackpool's greatest living Yorkshireman ( edging over Wizard by seniority) was incorrect and I also apologise. The position did strike me as strange given your balanced condemnation of those who turn on fellow Blackpool supporters for whatever reason - something I think we should unite against whatever our differences.

I think the point about BSA's communication is clouded by the fact that the organisation traditionally communicates directly with its members rather than using social media.

So any defence of BSA comments on here - and 20s doesn't need support from me or anybody else to fight the good fight - are personal opinions rather than official statements (unless copied by members onto social media).

You would have to be really stupid to be a member of the BSA committee and post on here! -1
BSA ditch KO on 18:01 - Jan 9 with 4258 viewsCurryman

BSA ditch KO on 17:23 - Jan 9 by terminallytangerine

Well I'm pleased that my interpretation of the original statement by Blackpool's greatest living Yorkshireman ( edging over Wizard by seniority) was incorrect and I also apologise. The position did strike me as strange given your balanced condemnation of those who turn on fellow Blackpool supporters for whatever reason - something I think we should unite against whatever our differences.

I think the point about BSA's communication is clouded by the fact that the organisation traditionally communicates directly with its members rather than using social media.

So any defence of BSA comments on here - and 20s doesn't need support from me or anybody else to fight the good fight - are personal opinions rather than official statements (unless copied by members onto social media).

You would have to be really stupid to be a member of the BSA committee and post on here! -1

TT I can take all the insuilts anyone throws at me, but YORKSHIRMAN!!!!!!!
I'm a Lancastrian through and through undercover in the White Rose County.

May I add, so is Wiz.

BSA ditch KO on 10:24 - Jan 10 with 4174 viewsTang67

BSA ditch KO on 18:01 - Jan 9 by Curryman

TT I can take all the insuilts anyone throws at me, but YORKSHIRMAN!!!!!!!
I'm a Lancastrian through and through undercover in the White Rose County.

May I add, so is Wiz.

The Oystons last link with the support
Well done BSA-the right thing to do

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

BSA ditch KO on 11:15 - Jan 10 with 4156 viewsphil007tangerine

BSA ditch KO on 10:24 - Jan 10 by Tang67

The Oystons last link with the support
Well done BSA-the right thing to do

Fantastic news (albeit long overdue), which has unsurprisingly received a great reception. Now fans can move forward together, UNITED.

UTP
BSA ditch KO on 21:12 - Jan 10 with 4080 viewsvoyeur

BSA ditch KO on 13:10 - Jan 9 by Wizaard

It's right that ties are cut now, but I still maintain that dialogue was necessary previously if only to show that not all fans are hate filled screamers, but simply want the best for their club.

There's nothing wrong with criticism made in a logical, persuasive manner. If anything, it's more likely to win over the person it's aimed at.

Having said that, it's got the point where it's clear that Oyston is hell bent on pursuing his own path and agenda, so there's simply no point in speaking.

Whilst I agree with the basic sentiment here, to say "it's got the point where it's clear that Oyston is hell bent on pursuing his own path and agenda", seems to me to be suggesting that it has only just got to the point where it's clear that Oyston is hell bent on pursuing his own path and agenda.

Come on. It's been clear for years! Dealing with him has been a completely pointless exercise. And it has delayed things reaching a head, until now. And things have been brought to a head by BST, and by fans making their feelings and opinions known.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

BSA ditch KO on 21:45 - Jan 10 with 4069 views20togo

BSA ditch KO on 21:12 - Jan 10 by voyeur

Whilst I agree with the basic sentiment here, to say "it's got the point where it's clear that Oyston is hell bent on pursuing his own path and agenda", seems to me to be suggesting that it has only just got to the point where it's clear that Oyston is hell bent on pursuing his own path and agenda.

Come on. It's been clear for years! Dealing with him has been a completely pointless exercise. And it has delayed things reaching a head, until now. And things have been brought to a head by BST, and by fans making their feelings and opinions known.

Firstly welcome back [again] but I'm afraid it's here we go again.

You clearly only have one issue, that you are considering. You say it's been a pointless exercise for years. Sorry, but the st discount wasn't a pointless exercise, the free tickets for Wigan wasn't a pointless exercise, the JA statue wasn't a pointless exercise, the Hall of Fame wasn't a pointless exercise, the various tribute nights and fundraising events for former players and managers wasn't a pointless exercise.

All done by dialogue.
BSA ditch KO on 21:50 - Jan 10 with 4067 viewsphil007tangerine

BSA ditch KO on 21:12 - Jan 10 by voyeur

It certainly has been very clear for years Voy, been posting as much for years.

Retalliated already apparently by cancelling the meet with the manager, more to come no doubt. A change of postal address required.

The fans are more united than ever now though, just have to draw a line under the past and move forward together.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 21:53]
BSA ditch KO on 21:52 - Jan 10 with 4063 viewsterminallytangerine

BSA ditch KO on 21:50 - Jan 10 by phil007tangerine

It certainly has been very clear for years Voy, been posting as much for years.

Retalliated already apparently by cancelling the meet with the manager, more to come no doubt. A change of postal address required.

The fans are more united than ever now though, just have to draw a line under the past and move forward together.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2015 21:53]

And at the moment I think he needs a good talking to.
BSA ditch KO on 21:59 - Jan 10 with 4056 viewsvoyeur

BSA ditch KO on 21:45 - Jan 10 by 20togo

Firstly welcome back [again] but I'm afraid it's here we go again.

You clearly only have one issue, that you are considering. You say it's been a pointless exercise for years. Sorry, but the st discount wasn't a pointless exercise, the free tickets for Wigan wasn't a pointless exercise, the JA statue wasn't a pointless exercise, the Hall of Fame wasn't a pointless exercise, the various tribute nights and fundraising events for former players and managers wasn't a pointless exercise.

All done by dialogue.

There is only one issue, and there has been for a long time. The Hall of Fame was years ago. The moment we had evidence of large amounts money taken out of the club, and Belokon was marginalised, all the fiddling about has been avoiding the (one) issue. Everything else is Titanic's deckchairs. It's all kept KO more comfortable than he otherwise would have been. At last, BSA has done the right thing.

BSA ditch KO on 17:25 - Jan 11 with 3920 viewsWizaard

BSA ditch KO on 21:59 - Jan 10 by voyeur

There is only one issue, and there has been for a long time. The Hall of Fame was years ago. The moment we had evidence of large amounts money taken out of the club, and Belokon was marginalised, all the fiddling about has been avoiding the (one) issue. Everything else is Titanic's deckchairs. It's all kept KO more comfortable than he otherwise would have been. At last, BSA has done the right thing.

Voy

I was thinking more of the opportunity to tell him he's going wrong.

As recently as the September Fans' Forum, I told him that engaging with the fans on social media etc in the manner that he did was counter-productive and would do more harm than good.

I was right

It was also right to constructively challenge him rather than hurl abuse at him. The latter does nothing but reinforce his belief that he is right and everyone is out of step.

Having said all that, you can't keep telling someone the same things only to be ignored. For that reason, and Oystons' suing of Tim is the final straw. That's why BSA's timing is right to do it now.
BSA ditch KO on 19:34 - Jan 11 with 3882 viewsphil007tangerine

BSA ditch KO on 17:25 - Jan 11 by Wizaard

Voy

I was thinking more of the opportunity to tell him he's going wrong.

As recently as the September Fans' Forum, I told him that engaging with the fans on social media etc in the manner that he did was counter-productive and would do more harm than good.

I was right

It was also right to constructively challenge him rather than hurl abuse at him. The latter does nothing but reinforce his belief that he is right and everyone is out of step.

Having said all that, you can't keep telling someone the same things only to be ignored. For that reason, and Oystons' suing of Tim is the final straw. That's why BSA's timing is right to do it now.

The Meet the Manager is still listed for tomorrow, just checked on the BSA website.

Shouldn't that have been updated to say it was cancelled?
BSA ditch KO on 21:06 - Jan 11 with 3851 viewsterminallytangerine

BSA ditch KO on 19:34 - Jan 11 by phil007tangerine

The Meet the Manager is still listed for tomorrow, just checked on the BSA website.

Shouldn't that have been updated to say it was cancelled?

Yes.
BSA ditch KO on 10:29 - Jan 12 with 3757 viewsvoyeur

20s - apologies for the tone of my message, it's just frustration at the length of time it's taken BSA to break off relations with someone who has been treating the club and its fans with utter contempt for a long time. I've often in the past stuck up for Glen and BSA on forums on the grounds that he is at least an activist who cares about BFC and does something about it, putting himself in the firing line. And, you are right, some gains have been made. It's just my opinion that we would all have been better off by standing up to KO as one voice, and for me the moment was when we knew from real evidence, although it was obvious anyway, that large sums of money were being moved away.

Wiz - I appreciate what you are saying, and thanks for the polite response. Like I just said, I think the time came a while ago to stop the begging bowl thing. Surely BST came about because BSA wasn't taking up an effective position?

However, we have reached that point now, the past is gone, so it's about how things work now, with people working together. Many of us have simply removed ourselves, life is too short. Why support something so morally corrupt and so uncommitted to its supporters?

I don't believe that myself/other people not going will influence KO/OO at all, by the way, I am sure they are comfortable with returning to low crowds in Leagues 1 and 2, it' worked for them for a long time. I guess that only sustained pressure and bad publicity will cause them to think about moving on. They are so stubborn that they may just hang on for ever, milking the stadium and maybe player sales, so perhaps it's only by making it too much hassle for too little financial reward that we could cause them to make a decision to sell.

I think we are all in debt to Tim Fielding for putting his neck on the block. I haven't got the balls to do what he's done, given that I have a family and that I don't value BFC highly enough to create that level of risk for myself. He has brought things to a head and, if it proceeds, I am sure that lawyers would rule that a fans group has the right to express its misgivings about the way a football club is being run, based on the available evidence. We can also hope that Mr Belokon lends his support, and there are signs that he may. His treatment by the oystons is solid evidence of the things that Tim has said, and I'm sure he will be eager to explain things from the point of view of a director of the club who has fallen foul of the Oyston greed.

BSA ditch KO on 16:05 - Jan 12 with 3707 views20togo

BSA ditch KO on 10:29 - Jan 12 by voyeur

20s - apologies for the tone of my message, it's just frustration at the length of time it's taken BSA to break off relations with someone who has been treating the club and its fans with utter contempt for a long time. I've often in the past stuck up for Glen and BSA on forums on the grounds that he is at least an activist who cares about BFC and does something about it, putting himself in the firing line. And, you are right, some gains have been made. It's just my opinion that we would all have been better off by standing up to KO as one voice, and for me the moment was when we knew from real evidence, although it was obvious anyway, that large sums of money were being moved away.

Wiz - I appreciate what you are saying, and thanks for the polite response. Like I just said, I think the time came a while ago to stop the begging bowl thing. Surely BST came about because BSA wasn't taking up an effective position?

However, we have reached that point now, the past is gone, so it's about how things work now, with people working together. Many of us have simply removed ourselves, life is too short. Why support something so morally corrupt and so uncommitted to its supporters?

I don't believe that myself/other people not going will influence KO/OO at all, by the way, I am sure they are comfortable with returning to low crowds in Leagues 1 and 2, it' worked for them for a long time. I guess that only sustained pressure and bad publicity will cause them to think about moving on. They are so stubborn that they may just hang on for ever, milking the stadium and maybe player sales, so perhaps it's only by making it too much hassle for too little financial reward that we could cause them to make a decision to sell.

I think we are all in debt to Tim Fielding for putting his neck on the block. I haven't got the balls to do what he's done, given that I have a family and that I don't value BFC highly enough to create that level of risk for myself. He has brought things to a head and, if it proceeds, I am sure that lawyers would rule that a fans group has the right to express its misgivings about the way a football club is being run, based on the available evidence. We can also hope that Mr Belokon lends his support, and there are signs that he may. His treatment by the oystons is solid evidence of the things that Tim has said, and I'm sure he will be eager to explain things from the point of view of a director of the club who has fallen foul of the Oyston greed.

Voy

No need to apologise whatsoever. We've had enough spats over the years -we know the score, we say what we think and are are straightforward about it. Then we move on - until the next time.

I'll gladly acknowledge that for me BSA had become complacent before the advent of SISA. But it's one thing to talk about being effective and another to actually being effective. At the moment are we actually any further down the line to achieving what we want? Yes, all this bad publicity is great but at the moment is it getting us towards the endgame. You could certainly make a case that since the advent of SISA/BST that KO/OO has turned the screw even tighter so we as fans are now paying a high price for our unrest. But we certainly needed SISA at the time. I've always been of the view that we needed to 'get at' the Oystons on two fronts. One by talking [BSA] and two, by protests and a media campaign. Certainly, the second seems to be very effective.

I've stated enough times now that it was for BSA to make it's decision about it's own future. And it's KO's actions that in effect maybe made the decision for them.

As for Tim, well he knows my views. I hope he comes out of all this as unscathed as possible. In a situation where everything about BFC is pretty toxic Tim is one of very few who comes out with any dignity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024