Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. 23:28 - Jan 13 with 11972 viewsrochdaleest1907

It's disappointing when you lot make that response. If you really really think that then try somewhere else. I've lived here most my life but been elsewhere on many occasions, I know we get bad media attention etc but there are other places much worse. Stop it with that stupid response it makes you sound like a bunch of idiots playing with yr own poo.

daveofthedale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 23:33 - Jan 13 with 6429 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's usually a lighthearted response to visiting fans taunts.........bit of fun really.

That said,I left Rochdale in 1985 and only return to visit San Spotty!
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 23:38 - Jan 13 with 6413 viewsmikehunt

No. It deflates the opposition's chants and turns it back on themselves. A clever ruse actually. Akin to Welsh team supporters chanting "2-0 to the sheepshaggers". There is just no answer to it.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 00:03 - Jan 14 with 6351 viewsToffeemanc

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 23:38 - Jan 13 by mikehunt

No. It deflates the opposition's chants and turns it back on themselves. A clever ruse actually. Akin to Welsh team supporters chanting "2-0 to the sheepshaggers". There is just no answer to it.

Spot on with that, and there is no answer to it. I remember on the last day of last season Newport fans singing to us " we're sheepshagging bas....ds we know what we are" and we couldn't really offer anything in return.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 00:24 - Jan 14 with 6324 viewsKenBoon

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 00:03 - Jan 14 by Toffeemanc

Spot on with that, and there is no answer to it. I remember on the last day of last season Newport fans singing to us " we're sheepshagging bas....ds we know what we are" and we couldn't really offer anything in return.

I bet rkershaw could
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 01:08 - Jan 14 with 6292 viewsJimmyRustler

It's both factually correct and hilarious. It's also only a response. It'd be a bit different if people randomly broke into song without being provoked
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 09:23 - Jan 14 with 6120 viewsrochdale1

Makes me laugh every time, Please don't stop! it's a bantourous response only, my mate is a forest fan, and he said that was a talking point, they thought was brilliantly funny.
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:14 - Jan 14 with 6042 viewsParkinsGimp

I have lived elsewhere for at least half of my life and I can confirm, Rochdale is a sh"thole. Look at the 4g coverage for the borough in contrast to bury or even owdham? Look at the shops in the town centre compared to other local towns....., how many decent boozers are there in the town centre for visitors to enjoy a decent drink and good atmosphere......
Its what we are , and unfortunately the council have run it down and acted too late .
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:19 - Jan 14 with 6035 viewstazzydjr

The Council and Cameron are purely to blame for the charging higher rent than London for Shops that's why HMV moved to B**y

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Login to get fewer ads

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:26 - Jan 14 with 6025 viewsDale23years

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:19 - Jan 14 by tazzydjr

The Council and Cameron are purely to blame for the charging higher rent than London for Shops that's why HMV moved to B**y

its the liebour councillors which run rochdale that decide the rent and business rates for rochdale town centre.

Stop Blaming Cameron for everything just cause he rightly cut your benefits

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:31 - Jan 14 with 6005 viewsRooleyblue

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:19 - Jan 14 by tazzydjr

When was the last time Rochdale had a Conservative led council?? Never in my life time if ever. The decline of Rochdale is solely down to the numerous Labour and Lib Dem councils.
Its no surprise that Bury has a Conservative MP (not sure of the make up of the council)and it has been developed well even when Labour was in power.
Why is that then?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 10:42]
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:35 - Jan 14 with 5984 viewstazzydjr

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:31 - Jan 14 by Rooleyblue

When was the last time Rochdale had a Conservative led council?? Never in my life time if ever. The decline of Rochdale is solely down to the numerous Labour and Lib Dem councils.
Its no surprise that Bury has a Conservative MP (not sure of the make up of the council)and it has been developed well even when Labour was in power.
Why is that then?

Last time i checked PM Cameron were cutting businesses not developing them under this government many many many many businesses have folded for this very reason the cuts are not helping anybody the Tory's logic if in doubt just cut it

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:37 - Jan 14 with 5979 viewstazzydjr

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:26 - Jan 14 by Dale23years

its the liebour councillors which run rochdale that decide the rent and business rates for rochdale town centre.

Stop Blaming Cameron for everything just cause he rightly cut your benefits

Everyone blames Cameron not just me he's got more blood on his hands than Maggie ever did and you know nothing about my life to even suggest that

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:39 - Jan 14 with 5975 viewsDale23years

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:35 - Jan 14 by tazzydjr

Last time i checked PM Cameron were cutting businesses not developing them under this government many many many many businesses have folded for this very reason the cuts are not helping anybody the Tory's logic if in doubt just cut it

come bk when u have the right information

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:42 - Jan 14 with 5961 viewstazzydjr

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:39 - Jan 14 by Dale23years

come bk when u have the right information

Look it up if you think these people incharge of our country are angels your very wrong they don't have the first clue about business Cameron only in charge because of the Liberal Dumberat's last election now they'll end up with same amount of votes as BNP for this, it'll be a LabKIP Government next election

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:43 - Jan 14 with 5964 viewsDale23years

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:37 - Jan 14 by tazzydjr

Everyone blames Cameron not just me he's got more blood on his hands than Maggie ever did and you know nothing about my life to even suggest that

more blood on there hands than tony blair and liebour government

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:50 - Jan 14 with 5947 viewsbennersdale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:31 - Jan 14 by Rooleyblue

Why is that then?

There was a Tory led council around 7 years ago then a lib dem/Tory coalition for around two years.

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 11:18 - Jan 14 with 5893 viewsHK_Dale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 10:42 - Jan 14 by tazzydjr

Look it up if you think these people incharge of our country are angels your very wrong they don't have the first clue about business Cameron only in charge because of the Liberal Dumberat's last election now they'll end up with same amount of votes as BNP for this, it'll be a LabKIP Government next election

Conservatives: Looking good on reducing unemployment http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10604117

2.47m - May 2010 (Conservatives take power)

1.96m - Oct 2014
Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 11:51 - Jan 14 with 5820 viewstazzydjr

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 11:18 - Jan 14 by HK_Dale

Conservatives: Looking good on reducing unemployment http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10604117

2.47m - May 2010 (Conservatives take power)

1.96m - Oct 2014

HK that's yet another lie fed to the people of this country by the government

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/stitching-up-claimants-part-job-says-353705

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/apr/01/jobcentres-tricking-people-benef

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 11:55 - Jan 14 with 5815 viewsDale23years

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 11:51 - Jan 14 by tazzydjr

HK that's yet another lie fed to the people of this country by the government

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/stitching-up-claimants-part-job-says-353705

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2011/apr/01/jobcentres-tricking-people-benef

go on tazzy answer my question

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 13:16 - Jan 14 with 5674 views100notout

Back to the OP, I don't sing it - never have and never will.

Rochdale (well a good proportion of it) is a sh!thole but its OUR sh!thole and how any Bradford or Oldham fan can sing about Rochdale being a sh!thole is beyond belief.

(I know its supposed to be "banter" but really?)

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 13:38 - Jan 14 with 5608 viewsThran

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 13:16 - Jan 14 by 100notout

Back to the OP, I don't sing it - never have and never will.

Rochdale (well a good proportion of it) is a sh!thole but its OUR sh!thole and how any Bradford or Oldham fan can sing about Rochdale being a sh!thole is beyond belief.

(I know its supposed to be "banter" but really?)

It's not banter.

It's chanter. *badum-tish*

I'll leave now.

Poll: Bigger drop, Wigan or Tranmere?

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:11 - Jan 14 with 5548 viewsChaffRAFC

Personally, I love it. It's factually correct, I'm proud of my team, not the town, and it's a clever comeback so, I suspect it will stay.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:22 - Jan 14 with 5517 viewsDomDale

Said it before. Funny the first few times it was aired now it's depressing that it's the loudest noise in the ground all game, every game. A bit of positivity about the game in view wouldn't go amiss.

Town centre may have a lack of shops but I personally haven't bought anything from a high street shop for years... the internet is the way forward. I'd much prefer investment to be made into "proper" jobs, not just shelfstackers and attendants for our 1249021 car parks. There's a few decent boozers prematch and that suits me... I don't work in Rochdale so other than football I have no reason to visit the town centre. The town's got plenty of good parts vs it's shiteholes. I won't name where I think is good v not cause I'm sure a fair few posters will live in the not-so-nice parts of town (don't want to offend...).

Does make me laugh when fans from equally salubrious places chant at us though.. Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Oldham, Bradford etc... yeah they're all cosmopolitan conurbations of culture!

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:27 - Jan 14 with 5508 viewsGhanaDale

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:22 - Jan 14 by DomDale

Said it before. Funny the first few times it was aired now it's depressing that it's the loudest noise in the ground all game, every game. A bit of positivity about the game in view wouldn't go amiss.

Town centre may have a lack of shops but I personally haven't bought anything from a high street shop for years... the internet is the way forward. I'd much prefer investment to be made into "proper" jobs, not just shelfstackers and attendants for our 1249021 car parks. There's a few decent boozers prematch and that suits me... I don't work in Rochdale so other than football I have no reason to visit the town centre. The town's got plenty of good parts vs it's shiteholes. I won't name where I think is good v not cause I'm sure a fair few posters will live in the not-so-nice parts of town (don't want to offend...).

Does make me laugh when fans from equally salubrious places chant at us though.. Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Oldham, Bradford etc... yeah they're all cosmopolitan conurbations of culture!

What's wrong with shelfstackers, DomDale?

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Stop chanting 'Rochdale's a shithole' etc. on 14:45 - Jan 14 with 5461 views49thseason

By my reckoning since 1970 Rochdale Council has been run by:
23 years Labour
15 years of No Overall Control
3 years Liberal
3 years Conservative

There have been 30 years of Liberal MPs and 12 years of Labour MPs since 1972.

You only need to drive through the town to realise that re-electing the same set of numpties is doing nothing to make the situation better. Rochdale is indeed a sh1thole, a situation which seems to suit Labour and Liberals alike as it maintains their client voters in a state which seems to perpetuate their power base, especially at times when they can blame a Conservative Government for their ineptitude. Its time to throw out the lot of them and start anew.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024