Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP 16:23 - Jan 25 with 4858 viewsdanny1953

Copy and pasted off Tangerine Knights facebook

We have been asked to post the following information about a planned demonstration being organized by one fan that will take place before and during the home game against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday 31st January.

Please note that this not a Tangerine Knights initiative, however as we always encourage fans to take action, we are posting this here for your information.

Any further details we receive about this we will of course update as soon as we get it.

-------------------------------------------

PROTEST AT THE BRIGHTON GAME, SATURDAY 31ST JANUARY

In response to the latest goings on at Blackpool FC, texts and suing fans, in addition to the poor running of our club. I have decided to arrange the following demonstration to show our continued contempt and anger at the Oyston family.

The basic plan is to meet outside the ground from around 2.30pm on 31st January

Obviously OFF land owned by the club and without blocking public right of way. I plan to remain outside the ground for the full length of the Brighton match, this will be an indirect "boycott" as instead of paying to get in we will be outside. It will be a visual boycott, as obviously, we will be seen.

I would like as many people to bring their own banners, scarves and other "Oyston Out" items.

I am hoping for a good turn out as the date and time has been tweeted and re-tweeted many times to around 5-6k followers, I hope for between 5-10% turn out that would be amazing.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for their support and interest in this demonstration. If we as fans can stick together through these bad times, when things finally improve we will have a loyal and connected fan-base, we will get to know each other and for some may even become friends. But more importantly, these visual and vocal demonstrations will place increasing pressure on the Oyston family.

Thank you all once again.
Lee

Teams who receive parachute payments have an unfair advantage - Karl Oyston 2008?

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 16:34 - Jan 25 with 3957 viewsscratchingshed

Unfortunately you won't get many takers from this board but at least you are guaranteed one.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 16:43 - Jan 25 with 3948 viewsLeeJCP

Thank you for posting here I just registered to say thanks and to thank in advance anyone who tries to attend.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 17:53 - Jan 25 with 3896 viewsWizaard

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 16:43 - Jan 25 by LeeJCP

Thank you for posting here I just registered to say thanks and to thank in advance anyone who tries to attend.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to arrange this. I hope that all those refusing to go to games get out from Tesco and support you.

I'll applaud your efforts before the game and after if you're still there, but I'll be in the ground during the match itself.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 17:56 - Jan 25 with 3895 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 17:53 - Jan 25 by Wizaard

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to arrange this. I hope that all those refusing to go to games get out from Tesco and support you.

I'll applaud your efforts before the game and after if you're still there, but I'll be in the ground during the match itself.

That's great that's all I ask of people just to help the numbers. I will be there both before AND after the match I am using this as a VISUAL boycott and therefore the entire game I will be out there at west stand.

Thanks for your support. I hope your attending inside is rewarded with a performance for a change
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 10:23 - Jan 26 with 3759 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 17:56 - Jan 25 by LeeJCP

That's great that's all I ask of people just to help the numbers. I will be there both before AND after the match I am using this as a VISUAL boycott and therefore the entire game I will be out there at west stand.

Thanks for your support. I hope your attending inside is rewarded with a performance for a change

Let's keep up the support for fans being abused by txt and sued by the regime that is the Oyston family!
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 18:19 - Jan 26 with 3713 viewsphil007tangerine

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 10:23 - Jan 26 by LeeJCP

Let's keep up the support for fans being abused by txt and sued by the regime that is the Oyston family!

Plenty of chatter on social media about this one -lets make it a good one
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:37 - Jan 26 with 3702 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 18:19 - Jan 26 by phil007tangerine

Plenty of chatter on social media about this one -lets make it a good one

Yeah I never expected so much interest if I am honest.. Tweets and RT's galre and people posting on about 6 fan sites Tangerine Knight FB support page. Also see BST Newsletter due out this week.

So far people are bringing tangerine masks Oyston life size cut out, mega phone, Banners.... This should be good. BBC will be there to report it and Will Watt tells me there should be a report in the Gazette. Also I am still talking with Granada :)

Thanks in advance to everyone!
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:43 - Jan 26 with 3692 viewsTejas

Lee - well done for organising this. I'm going to try to get there early and join you before the game, but like some others I will be going into the ground. I applaud your efforts though.
Login to get fewer ads

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:49 - Jan 26 with 3688 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:43 - Jan 26 by Tejas

Lee - well done for organising this. I'm going to try to get there early and join you before the game, but like some others I will be going into the ground. I applaud your efforts though.

thanks and as I say often, how people decide to back this is their own choice. I am not going to start getting on at people for going into the ground, not my business, it is just good to see so much support in what ever form. There is a god buzz about this. It has been all over Twitter for over 3 weeks, plus other sites including FB (Knights page) and lots of positives.

I decided to organise this after the texts and suing f fans on top of the shambles of a majority shareholder and his family,

Thank you all in advance the support has been immense :)
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:53 - Jan 26 with 3685 viewsOdinsRaven

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:49 - Jan 26 by LeeJCP

thanks and as I say often, how people decide to back this is their own choice. I am not going to start getting on at people for going into the ground, not my business, it is just good to see so much support in what ever form. There is a god buzz about this. It has been all over Twitter for over 3 weeks, plus other sites including FB (Knights page) and lots of positives.

I decided to organise this after the texts and suing f fans on top of the shambles of a majority shareholder and his family,

I have purchased three of the tangerine masks and am happy to sell two of them for £2-50 each. They are four pounds individually. If you would like one please send me a private message. I am expecting to pick them up on Thursday from argos
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:55 - Jan 26 with 3683 viewsTejas

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:49 - Jan 26 by LeeJCP

Your sensible flexibility and consideration for other people's views is exactly why you're getting such a good response Lee.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:59 - Jan 26 with 3680 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:55 - Jan 26 by Tejas

Your sensible flexibility and consideration for other people's views is exactly why you're getting such a good response Lee.

Well thanks. It is simply a case of understanding other peoples vies and respecting them. Just because this course of action was right for me, (now I know many others) does not make it right for everyone. That should be respected.

Thanks again to everyone
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:06 - Jan 26 with 3677 viewsjanegallagher

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 19:59 - Jan 26 by LeeJCP

Well thanks. It is simply a case of understanding other peoples vies and respecting them. Just because this course of action was right for me, (now I know many others) does not make it right for everyone. That should be respected.

Thanks again to everyone

Well said Lee, every respect to you - will show my support before the game.

btw your surname's not Clark is it?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:11 - Jan 26 with 3674 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:06 - Jan 26 by janegallagher

Well said Lee, every respect to you - will show my support before the game.

btw your surname's not Clark is it?

LMAO no but I have the same name as another well known Football manager from the north west :P
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:49 - Jan 26 with 3656 viewsribble

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:11 - Jan 26 by LeeJCP

LMAO no but I have the same name as another well known Football manager from the north west :P

Tejas is right. Treat people like adults and respect diversity of opinion and you'll double/treble the level of interest. As for me, I support your general aims and applaud the effort but, like others, will be going into the ground.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:52 - Jan 26 with 3659 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:49 - Jan 26 by ribble

Tejas is right. Treat people like adults and respect diversity of opinion and you'll double/treble the level of interest. As for me, I support your general aims and applaud the effort but, like others, will be going into the ground.

Well I only hope your loyalty is rewarded. (obviously I do want a win)

For those who are going in I am aware that there is something planned at south stand blocks X and Y. The full details are sketchy as it has just been tweeted by Tangerine crusade.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 18:41 - Jan 27 with 3518 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:52 - Jan 26 by LeeJCP

Well I only hope your loyalty is rewarded. (obviously I do want a win)

For those who are going in I am aware that there is something planned at south stand blocks X and Y. The full details are sketchy as it has just been tweeted by Tangerine crusade.

anyone attending who has not yet confirmed pls just say aye or something so I canTRY and work a rough idea of numbers.. Thanks
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 12:52 - Jan 28 with 3466 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 18:41 - Jan 27 by LeeJCP

anyone attending who has not yet confirmed pls just say aye or something so I canTRY and work a rough idea of numbers.. Thanks

just spoke to Will Watt at the Gazette on the phone, Saturday's demo is being reported in the Friday edition in the weekend preview!!

BBC Will most likely be there on the day and Gazette are sending a Photographer, so long as no urgent incident prevents this both BBC and Gazette will be there in some form.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 12:53]
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:18 - Jan 28 with 3436 viewsolneyseasider

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 12:52 - Jan 28 by LeeJCP

just spoke to Will Watt at the Gazette on the phone, Saturday's demo is being reported in the Friday edition in the weekend preview!!

BBC Will most likely be there on the day and Gazette are sending a Photographer, so long as no urgent incident prevents this both BBC and Gazette will be there in some form.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 12:53]

Excellent effort all concerned.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 21:21 - Jan 28 with 3423 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 20:18 - Jan 28 by olneyseasider

Excellent effort all concerned.

The effort put in has been great (from a lot of people who have helped) the suggestions I have had have been positive, this is going to be a good one. It's took some time and a little money (I would have only spent it on the Oystons so it feels better spent this way).

Good numbers expected and new Ideas being tried. Hope people here can be as positive as on other social media and fan sites. Had support and backing from Knights, BST and others.

As stated going in Gazette Friday, prior to demo, BBC SHOULD be there. Gazette sending photographer and almost certainly reporter . Everything has been positive and will make this one of the best demo/boycotts so far.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 22:23 - Jan 28 with 3405 viewsPeteGriffin

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 21:21 - Jan 28 by LeeJCP

The effort put in has been great (from a lot of people who have helped) the suggestions I have had have been positive, this is going to be a good one. It's took some time and a little money (I would have only spent it on the Oystons so it feels better spent this way).

Good numbers expected and new Ideas being tried. Hope people here can be as positive as on other social media and fan sites. Had support and backing from Knights, BST and others.

As stated going in Gazette Friday, prior to demo, BBC SHOULD be there. Gazette sending photographer and almost certainly reporter . Everything has been positive and will make this one of the best demo/boycotts so far.

Well done Lee, I hope fans come and support you pre, during and post match. I'll come and stand with you at 3pm. Doing nothing Achieves nothing. To you Lee I say a big well done mate for trying.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 22:26 - Jan 28 with 3401 viewsLeeJCP

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 22:23 - Jan 28 by PeteGriffin

Well done Lee, I hope fans come and support you pre, during and post match. I'll come and stand with you at 3pm. Doing nothing Achieves nothing. To you Lee I say a big well done mate for trying.

Fantastic, will see you there and thanks for the comments; it's all for the good of OUR club
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 23:07 - Jan 30 with 3285 viewsribble

Thought long and hard about this but have decided that I will boycott the game in protest after all. A stand has to be taken.

Lee - you'll have to forgive me but I won't be joining you as I'll have my two boys with me tomorrow and one of them is too little for this sort of thing. Good luck.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 04:20 - Jan 31 with 3258 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 23:07 - Jan 30 by ribble

Thought long and hard about this but have decided that I will boycott the game in protest after all. A stand has to be taken.

Lee - you'll have to forgive me but I won't be joining you as I'll have my two boys with me tomorrow and one of them is too little for this sort of thing. Good luck.

Ribble stand on the fringes ,you will be fine with the nippers ,the more fans the merrier .
Lee has asked fans to keep it clean.
PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 17:25 - Jan 31 with 3171 viewsbalanced_view

PROTEST vs Brighton 2:30 in front of the west PLEASE TURN UP on 04:20 - Jan 31 by West_Stand_Ultra

Ribble stand on the fringes ,you will be fine with the nippers ,the more fans the merrier .
Lee has asked fans to keep it clean.

Well done Lee, the lack of support on here was not reflected in the numbers there today.

Admirable of you to try your best on all the forums, regardless of their attitudes towards protestors or the oyston family.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024