Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology 21:22 - Feb 20 with 9876 viewsDarran

After listening first hand tonight of the work that's gone on in the last six months from the Trust Chairman I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology for the abuse he's been receiving in some quarters.

And some people want this fella gone.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2015 21:28]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 00:33 - Feb 21 with 2334 viewsDarran

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 23:31 - Feb 20 by Millie

Gone down in my estimation, big time, put up or shut up

He's just made an astonishing comment on another site about tonights forum which is complete bollox too.
Seriously a bitter spiteful c^nt.

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 00:35 - Feb 21 with 2322 viewsNeathJack

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 00:33 - Feb 21 by Darran

He's just made an astonishing comment on another site about tonights forum which is complete bollox too.
Seriously a bitter spiteful c^nt.

You missed out gutless.

It seems every time there is an opportunity to voice opinions in a public forum it is declined.
I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 00:42 - Feb 21 with 2308 viewsAndyNak

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 00:35 - Feb 21 by NeathJack

You missed out gutless.

It seems every time there is an opportunity to voice opinions in a public forum it is declined.

I gave up reading that absolute b****x a long time ago... Certain individuals have complained about the Trust Board... It's pretty simple, put yourself forward for election or shush.

Some of the comments about certain individuals the last few weeks have been absolutely sickening
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 1:07]

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:05 - Feb 21 with 2278 viewsNookiejack

With regards to the Non-Trust shareholders creating themselves a legacy and giving the Trust at least 4% to achieve 25% protection rights - I really think they would gain massive kudos - across the world if they did so.

I think there is a movement across the World - for fans to own their clubs. I think millions of fans would be incredibly impressed by the people who achieved this for Swansea.

For example compare then the ‘great names of Martin Morgan and Huw Jenkins’ to the ex-Rangers owners, the Oystens, Mike Ashley and Vincent Tan? Imagine how the Rangers fans, who are trying to achieve fan ownership, would think of the likes of Martin Morgan and Huw Jenkins. Pretty well I would have thought.

You might think that is blarney but our own names and having a good reputation are both very important to us.

Mind you and as 'Davillin' noted on another thread - we must not also forget people like Gareth Keen who he informed me gave £10k worth of his shares to the Trust originally (I assume that was 20% of the 20% original Trust stake (current holding 21%) and also those that have worked and currently work tirelessly and unselfishly for the Trust.
I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:09 - Feb 21 with 2269 viewsAndyNak

4% or £4M?

What's the price of kudos?

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:11 - Feb 21 with 2265 viewsNookiejack

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:09 - Feb 21 by AndyNak

4% or £4M?

What's the price of kudos?

£4m divide by ?

Then even less than £4m
I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:21 - Feb 21 with 2247 viewsAndyNak

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:11 - Feb 21 by Nookiejack

£4m divide by ?

Then even less than £4m

Divide by 7 I think? So £570k each.

That's basically the equivalent of asking them to give a £570K donations to The Trust.

Would you be that bothered about kudos from the Swansea Community while sunning yourself on a yacht in the Caribbean?

If like to think I would care enough to give up that % but sadly I've never been in that situation so far

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:27 - Feb 21 with 2236 viewsNookiejack

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:21 - Feb 21 by AndyNak

That's basically the equivalent of asking them to give a £570K donations to The Trust.

Would you be that bothered about kudos from the Swansea Community while sunning yourself on a yacht in the Caribbean?

If like to think I would care enough to give up that % but sadly I've never been in that situation so far

Yes but your other shares are worth minimum £75m / 7

£570k is a small price to pay for the gain in standing and repute you achieve.

You would have an amazing reputation worldwide - as football has an incredible following worldwide.
Login to get fewer ads

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:31 - Feb 21 with 2225 viewsAndyNak

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:27 - Feb 21 by Nookiejack

Yes but your other shares are worth minimum £75m / 7

£570k is a small price to pay for the gain in standing and repute you achieve.

You would have an amazing reputation worldwide - as football has an incredible following worldwide.

It's not me you have to convince though

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 07:31 - Feb 21 with 2136 viewsKilkennyjack

phil - great work and thank you mate 👍🍀

Beware of the Risen People

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 08:00 - Feb 21 with 2112 viewsjackb

yep, brilliant job by Phil and the Trust - have shown it is still a force in the club and can have an influence - makes you wonder what it could do with even more members, let's hope this starts a membership jump.

the other site is just weird about the trust - they just give the impression of hating it - very very odd!
I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 08:19 - Feb 21 with 2094 viewsblaine_scfc

Well done Phil and the rest of the Trust.
I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 08:34 - Feb 21 with 2078 viewsblaine_scfc

Well done Phil and the rest of the Trust.
I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 08:49 - Feb 21 with 2058 viewsUxbridge

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 00:42 - Feb 21 by AndyNak

I gave up reading that absolute b****x a long time ago... Certain individuals have complained about the Trust Board... It's pretty simple, put yourself forward for election or shush.

Some of the comments about certain individuals the last few weeks have been absolutely sickening
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 1:07]

I must admit I disagree with this viewpoint. It's perfectly valid to express a view and not seek election. It's the bit where he repeatedly dismissed anything that didn't suit his preconceptions that I didn't get.

Anyway, sounds like last night was a roaring success and disappointed to have missed it. As a Trust, I think it's a fair criticism that comms hasn't been up to the mark, but to a significant degree that's down to the circumstances of such a deal and also not seeking to needlessly cause issues where they don't need to exist. The fact there was such openness last night tells its own story.

Also, good to see the excellent work of Dai and Jacko recognised. Unlike some faceless, unverified internet personas, these are top class pros in their field and the Trust is lucky to be able to call on them. They've played a blinder, as has the likes of Phil last night.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 08:52 - Feb 21 with 2040 viewsUxbridge

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 01:21 - Feb 21 by AndyNak

If it was me, and I was asked to give up a very small percentage to not only protect the club in the long term but also cement my own legacy, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I know it's not a straight situation, and a stronger Trust reduces the company value, but the speed of the dismissal tells a story too.

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 08:57 - Feb 21 with 2044 viewsperchrockjack

jaba who...

You ll have to identify yourself first.

Eithergive e your name, rank and or number and your shoe size.

Apparently, relegation has been mentioned so next year might be the last time we ll playthe Liverpool clubs

So second coming didn't go? sorry but there has to e a denouement there that everyone can see. It shows how dangerous, venal CRAP on an internet site really can be dangerous.
#
I repeat that Dineen must feel rather embarrassed giving up his time for such anin event and a quite surreal piece of internet aggrandisement.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:00 - Feb 21 with 2033 viewsperchrockjack

and credito you Ux for retaining yourdignity when many of us especially me were losing it.

We re in good hands.which has been my point.

Now lets move on

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:07 - Feb 21 with 2015 viewsDarran

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 08:49 - Feb 21 by Uxbridge

I must admit I disagree with this viewpoint. It's perfectly valid to express a view and not seek election. It's the bit where he repeatedly dismissed anything that didn't suit his preconceptions that I didn't get.

Anyway, sounds like last night was a roaring success and disappointed to have missed it. As a Trust, I think it's a fair criticism that comms hasn't been up to the mark, but to a significant degree that's down to the circumstances of such a deal and also not seeking to needlessly cause issues where they don't need to exist. The fact there was such openness last night tells its own story.

Also, good to see the excellent work of Dai and Jacko recognised. Unlike some faceless, unverified internet personas, these are top class pros in their field and the Trust is lucky to be able to call on them. They've played a blinder, as has the likes of Phil last night.

I don't agree with that first paragraph at all the certain person has even had a dig after the event which is complete bollox.

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:11 - Feb 21 with 2003 viewsperchrockjack

Simply a case of one man ONE man having a personal agenda lined to the Monk appointment .

Even now, there are posters looking to carry on bile and spite over what MIGHT have been

MIGHT

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:14 - Feb 21 with 1991 viewsUxbridge

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:07 - Feb 21 by Darran

I don't agree with that first paragraph at all the certain person has even had a dig after the event which is complete bollox.

And I agree. But just because someone doesn't stand for election it doesn't mean their opinion isn't valid. When they dismiss things out of hand for whatever reason it's a different story though.

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:20 - Feb 21 with 1975 viewsDarran

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:14 - Feb 21 by Uxbridge

And I agree. But just because someone doesn't stand for election it doesn't mean their opinion isn't valid. When they dismiss things out of hand for whatever reason it's a different story though.

Making up lies I'm talking about Andrew and its a shame 'some' people will actually believe what he types.
As you've no doubt read what he's said since the event here it is below for everyone to see and it is complete and utter nonsense and did not happen.

"I've heard you got stick for asking certain questions and I'm pissed off and gutted you did. Also this shows very bad form that questions of a certain nature are discouraged and members get rounded on. I wish to God I'd gone now and stood next to you."

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:25 - Feb 21 with 1964 viewsSwansNZ

What happened to the otters post?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:32 - Feb 21 with 1947 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:25 - Feb 21 by SwansNZ

What happened to the otters post?

Don't worry, it'll live on in my signature.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:39 - Feb 21 with 1926 viewsUxbridge

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:20 - Feb 21 by Darran

Making up lies I'm talking about Andrew and its a shame 'some' people will actually believe what he types.
As you've no doubt read what he's said since the event here it is below for everyone to see and it is complete and utter nonsense and did not happen.

"I've heard you got stick for asking certain questions and I'm pissed off and gutted you did. Also this shows very bad form that questions of a certain nature are discouraged and members get rounded on. I wish to God I'd gone now and stood next to you."

I wasn't there so can't comment on specifics, but this is the first I've read about anyone complaining so you may well be right.

I think that last sentence is a complete cop out though. He was never going to attend.

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:40 - Feb 21 with 1926 viewsPacemaker

I think Phil Sumbler deserves a full public apology on 09:20 - Feb 21 by Darran

I just read that and asked the question over there who was rounded on, I left just before the end as you know but every question was politely listened to and answered fully.

The Swansea Way blog has a full transcript of the whole evening, which appears totally accurate.

http://www.theswanseaway.co.uk/2015/02/swans-supporters-trust-forum-re-share.htm
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 9:48]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024