Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff's accounts are out 13:57 - Feb 26 with 19799 viewsNeathJack

This should be fun
Cardiff's accounts are out on 17:35 - Mar 3 with 1977 viewsParlay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 17:28 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

Yawn. Maybe you should send your idol another email then so Ankles can correct himself, eh?

Line the pocket of the owner? Here I was thinking the owner was owed a hell of a lot of money by the club via loans, but no, the reality is Tan's pockets are being lined. He's profiteering from our limited assets.

The final analogy is utter garbage, as usual.

Why would I speak to Carl, I don't think I've spoken to him for ofer a year. He doesn't need to correct himself, he is correct. Asset stripping is a form of cost cutting, of course it is. It cuts overheads.

Of course his pockets are being lined. Who do you think this cash is going to then? The dogs home? It is going to Tan to facilitate his sale so he can make his profit (as a poster above pointed out perfectly to you, although you ignored it, it really was excellent and explained the situation perfectly).

The final analogy is perfect, as usual. You side is being ripped apart while the cash goes to the owner and you are acting as if it is a natural reaction to being in debt... Completely ignoring that you have been in debt for decades and not acted in such a way.

I guess you think the blue back was just a coincidence too do you? Tan listening to his mum and giving in to the fans? It was the pretext to be able to not turn debt to equity while asset stripping with no resistance.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:04 - Mar 3 with 1939 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 17:35 - Mar 3 by Parlay

Why would I speak to Carl, I don't think I've spoken to him for ofer a year. He doesn't need to correct himself, he is correct. Asset stripping is a form of cost cutting, of course it is. It cuts overheads.

Of course his pockets are being lined. Who do you think this cash is going to then? The dogs home? It is going to Tan to facilitate his sale so he can make his profit (as a poster above pointed out perfectly to you, although you ignored it, it really was excellent and explained the situation perfectly).

The final analogy is perfect, as usual. You side is being ripped apart while the cash goes to the owner and you are acting as if it is a natural reaction to being in debt... Completely ignoring that you have been in debt for decades and not acted in such a way.

I guess you think the blue back was just a coincidence too do you? Tan listening to his mum and giving in to the fans? It was the pretext to be able to not turn debt to equity while asset stripping with no resistance.

Yes, yes, yes, Tan is profiteering. I can see you'd have a problem with cash going to the person it's owed to. How very, very bohemian a concept.

The reality everyone except you grasp Dimi is that Tan will be incredibly lucky to make a profit on selling the club given the amount he's owed. To do so the club would have to be debt free and in the Prem, neither of which look likely short to medium term. Hence he's here long term unless he's willing to accept a loss.

Side being ripped apart. Sure, Dimi. The side that has been "ripped apart" were of course doing so well this season and indeed attracted amazing bids, right? Cash goes to the owner - care to shed a light on precisely how much money Tan has taken out of the club at this ponit in time?

Debt for decades, sure. Nice to see you conveniently ignore the fact that under Ridsdale we didn't pay big transfer fees but did pay big wages. You also ignore the fact that until we spent on the likes of Caulker, we had no sellable assets, Ramsey being the exception.

Blue back being a co-incidence? Of course not. Only a fool would convert debt to equity at this point in time, there's no rationale reason for it to happen now. I'd imagine it'll happen like Fulham with Al Fayed, a reference point for the conversion.

"Hey bank, I'm not going to sell some of my property to pay back money I owe, you'll just be asset stripping..."

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:12 - Mar 3 with 1929 viewsParIay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:04 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

Yes, yes, yes, Tan is profiteering. I can see you'd have a problem with cash going to the person it's owed to. How very, very bohemian a concept.

The reality everyone except you grasp Dimi is that Tan will be incredibly lucky to make a profit on selling the club given the amount he's owed. To do so the club would have to be debt free and in the Prem, neither of which look likely short to medium term. Hence he's here long term unless he's willing to accept a loss.

Side being ripped apart. Sure, Dimi. The side that has been "ripped apart" were of course doing so well this season and indeed attracted amazing bids, right? Cash goes to the owner - care to shed a light on precisely how much money Tan has taken out of the club at this ponit in time?

Debt for decades, sure. Nice to see you conveniently ignore the fact that under Ridsdale we didn't pay big transfer fees but did pay big wages. You also ignore the fact that until we spent on the likes of Caulker, we had no sellable assets, Ramsey being the exception.

Blue back being a co-incidence? Of course not. Only a fool would convert debt to equity at this point in time, there's no rationale reason for it to happen now. I'd imagine it'll happen like Fulham with Al Fayed, a reference point for the conversion.

"Hey bank, I'm not going to sell some of my property to pay back money I owe, you'll just be asset stripping..."

Of course he is profiteering, do you think he got involved for the love of Cardiff then? I have no issues at all with the money going to Tan... You should though considering the pretext of the spending was that he would convert it into equity.

No, that isn't the reality and you are in an uneducated minority if you don't think he will get his money back. Again I point you to an excellent post on the last page by nookie jack who explains it in great depth.

Yes the side has been ripped apart. The latest accounts are not out so cannot give you a figure, the next set of accounts will show repayments to Tan however in the millions. Those same millions he was supposed to turn to equity.

Why would I ignore that under Ridsdale you paid big wages? It is irrelevant to any point, mine or yours? You have spent way beyond your means for a decade and have been in debt each year. You are ignoring that fact.

They certainly would, dont pay your mortgage then the will sell your house... But you could always call it cost cutting and make it more palatable.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:41 - Mar 3 with 1884 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:12 - Mar 3 by ParIay

Of course he is profiteering, do you think he got involved for the love of Cardiff then? I have no issues at all with the money going to Tan... You should though considering the pretext of the spending was that he would convert it into equity.

No, that isn't the reality and you are in an uneducated minority if you don't think he will get his money back. Again I point you to an excellent post on the last page by nookie jack who explains it in great depth.

Yes the side has been ripped apart. The latest accounts are not out so cannot give you a figure, the next set of accounts will show repayments to Tan however in the millions. Those same millions he was supposed to turn to equity.

Why would I ignore that under Ridsdale you paid big wages? It is irrelevant to any point, mine or yours? You have spent way beyond your means for a decade and have been in debt each year. You are ignoring that fact.

They certainly would, dont pay your mortgage then the will sell your house... But you could always call it cost cutting and make it more palatable.

Long post lost due to browser crash.

Tell you what, Dimi. You can try to play whatever games you want, have the final word. Go ahead. Feel that you're right. Engaging with you merely feeds into your delusions.

Have a nice night.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:43 - Mar 3 with 1879 viewsParIay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:41 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

Long post lost due to browser crash.

Tell you what, Dimi. You can try to play whatever games you want, have the final word. Go ahead. Feel that you're right. Engaging with you merely feeds into your delusions.

Have a nice night.

Yes I'm playing a game aren't I and particularly delusional.

I mean to think Tan is selling players and slashing the wage bill to cream off the excess is just such a crazy notion isn't it. Superstars like Alex Revell are the way to the Prem and the big bucks arent they.

As i said, wake up.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:51 - Mar 3 with 1864 viewsjackonicko

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:43 - Mar 3 by ParIay

Yes I'm playing a game aren't I and particularly delusional.

I mean to think Tan is selling players and slashing the wage bill to cream off the excess is just such a crazy notion isn't it. Superstars like Alex Revell are the way to the Prem and the big bucks arent they.

As i said, wake up.

What should be woken up to, though?

Up front, I agree with you. My view on Tan is he is stripping the cost base to the bare minimum to get enough of his cash back from the parachute payments. He won't get it all back, but he will take what he can and then look for an exit. The exit will be painful, but less painful than it would otherwise have been.

Unless Slade pulls off an unexpected blinder next season - but that thankfully looks unlikely.

But even if he wasn't, I also agree with bluey that some kind of control has to be taken over a cost base and debt level that is wholly unsustainable. Appointing an I exciting manager used to operating with few resources, ship out any high earner and replace them with cheaper, but lower quality, alternates, has to be the answer. Cardiff have lived beyond their means for many years before Tan, and the final reckoning is always going to be painful.

Can't we just say you're both right!
Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:54 - Mar 3 with 1848 viewsParIay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:51 - Mar 3 by jackonicko

Up front, I agree with you. My view on Tan is he is stripping the cost base to the bare minimum to get enough of his cash back from the parachute payments. He won't get it all back, but he will take what he can and then look for an exit. The exit will be painful, but less painful than it would otherwise have been.

Unless Slade pulls off an unexpected blinder next season - but that thankfully looks unlikely.

But even if he wasn't, I also agree with bluey that some kind of control has to be taken over a cost base and debt level that is wholly unsustainable. Appointing an I exciting manager used to operating with few resources, ship out any high earner and replace them with cheaper, but lower quality, alternates, has to be the answer. Cardiff have lived beyond their means for many years before Tan, and the final reckoning is always going to be painful.

He should wake up that they aren't in a run of the mill cost cutting exercise. Bluey refuses to accept assets are being stripped. Which they clearly are.

His spends, like Hammam, had a caveat that it was not the clubs debt to bare - that is now not true.

Of course costs need to be brought under control, but for the right reasons and thats long term sustainability. Tan isnt doing it to be prudent, or sensible, he is doing it to get his money and flog off the shares into the next lunatic owner.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 18:57]

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:59 - Mar 3 with 1822 viewsGowerjack

Bluey

Do us all a massive favour.

Please stop encouraging this delusional idiot.

Thank you.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:04 - Mar 3 with 1812 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:51 - Mar 3 by jackonicko

Well, any businessman going into a deal will have some notional view of the amount of money they'd write off before pulling a plug on things. That's a sane view - "I've lost Xm on this, no more". The question is how Tan gets the money back.

The parachute payments last what 3 seasons, I'd suggest that covers nowhere near the loaned amount. Assets aren't going to cover the remainder so you're looking at one hell of a loss to expect Tan to take.

I suspect it's minimise the loan debt as far as possible. Look to see if any buyers may emerge on the horizon, convert to equity to facilitate the sale.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:05 - Mar 3 with 1812 viewsParIay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:59 - Mar 3 by Gowerjack

Bluey

Thank you.

Yes it is so delusional to suggest Tan is selling players left right and centre and replacing them with rubbish. Dont let the fact that it is indeed a fact get in the way now Stephen.

Oh and do us all a favour... Phone some old men again and post it on here for praise will you?

Thank you.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:06 - Mar 3 with 1835 viewsDarran

Bluey

Thank you.

Best post on here in months.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:09 - Mar 3 with 1830 viewsParIay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:06 - Mar 3 by Darran

Best post on here in months.

Better than wishing the most painful form of cancer on someone I guess, but still a load of guff spouted from the usual Parlay obsessives and the usual boring "yeah what he said" nonsense from you whenever you see it.

Deal with it.

Tan is still asset stripping to line his own pocket. That as they say is a fact whether you want to call it a delusional fact, a mentally ill fact, a cancer ridden fact... Its still a fact.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:11 - Mar 3 with 1824 viewsblueytheblue

Bluey

Thank you.

Gower

I was trying to take the brunt of his fantasies so he'd not be hassling the rest of you elsewhere.

You are indeed 100% correct.

You're welcome.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:13 - Mar 3 with 1822 viewsParIay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:11 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

Gower

I was trying to take the brunt of his fantasies so he'd not be hassling the rest of you elsewhere.

You're welcome.

"Im cutting and running, if I call it a fantasy then it just simply cannot be true.... I mean all these players leaving and the rubbish being replaced is just a coincidence right... I mean, Tan is doing it for the longterm goal to make Cardiff a great club right? He is doing it for us".

Like I said, wake up. If it helps you doing what Darran does by clinging on the guff of the Parlay obsessives then be my guest, it changes nothing.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2015 19:14]

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:28 - Mar 3 with 1737 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:37 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

Long post got lost. Sigh.

Campbell would have moved on, not be moved on because he wanted to go. The bid made was conveniently around the clause fee, usually a sure sign the agent has been involved.

I love the hoops you jump through. Seriously.

Marhall should go, sellable asset, club in debt. Club should then spend money to get a keeper on Marshall's level because playing a good keeper you are already paying wages to is asset stripping. Gotcha.

Your source, well there you go. Didn't you once claim you made money/hits for his site and then kick off when banned from there?

I've no source telling me how Guerra trained. Two different managers deemed him not good enough at this level. When I've seen him play as a sub he showed some flashes. Start in games at a lower level/tournament, not been pulling up any trees to dictate he should get a starting spot. La Liga, eh, who cares. Different country, different style of play, different competition. Comparing the two is apples and oranges; history has numerous examples of players failing to adapt.

Daehli achieve one goal and not many more assists. For his nice technical play there was no end result. I'd have preferred him to stay if the finances were ok but couldn't afford to keep him hoping potential was reached. Finding his best position was proving difficult; some wanted him in the no 10 role but Mason can play there and is a better finisher.

Daehli wanted out. Do you seriously think he'd come out in public and say he had a hip issue? Of course he'd deny it - only Daehli and the club know the reality of the situation.

I do love the way you're talking about Eikrem, Burgstaller et al without ever having seen them play. Some of us have. Likes of Revell and Malone? Ah, so you've given up using Peltier as an example then. Glad to see you accepted you were mistaken there as to his ability, maybe your source corrected you. Revell, by the way, is sub more than he starts. A depth player, if you will reflecting the fee paid.

It's nice to see your Sam supporting source has educated you to drop the "League 1 players" claim too.

Then again, it's our worst ever squad in this division according to you. So worse than when Dave Jones inherited 12 pros and Mackay inherited 10 pros then?

With the squad changes going on nobody expected us to be going up, at least not those with brain cells. Stabilisation was required which is what's going on.

Asset stripping, lol.

I used to sigh a lot writing long posts to Parlay. *Sighs

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:30 - Mar 3 with 1728 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 09:37 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

A, the media. I remember the media championing Mackay, based upon Mackay leaking to the press. They went quiet when the involvement in racism came out.

Bournemouth have a "plight"? Yes, not spending much and being high up is a real "plight". Has our style of play changed the last few games? Yes it has a the new signings settle in.

Do I think Carl has a track record of being wrong? That's indisputable. After all, he had to use a second account to post "information", don't forget. Anybody with a brain cell would treat his claims with a pinch of salt. A mixture of the bleeding obvious ( we'll sell high earners? whodathunkit ) and speculation which may or may not come true. Declan John not in Slade's immediate plans? Phew, we needed someone telling us that. The fact Connolly and now Peltier have played LB whilst Malone has been injured rather than using John didn't tell us that at all. ST sales slow? Shocker given we're not beating everyone 6-0.

So the wonderful update/miniupdate/whatever is, well, unspectacular in it's ground breaking information. Which has been the case for a while, indicating either their leak was fired or they don't know half the amount they claim.

I hope you're charging parlay for this essay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:32 - Mar 3 with 1721 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 22:18 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

So, cutting a bloated wage bill, reducing the squad from 38 to 20+ isn't a long term plan. Short term, sure. Seriously deny it doesn't constitute a long termplan if it's a template used and followed?

Can you provide an interview with Tan saying he wouldn't have invested? Or as some would say, loaned. Supposition otherwise.

The club needs to at least try to get to a better financial footing, Claiming that's asset stripping, smh.

Interesting that you seem to consider a striker would be a replacement to Marshall, for example. I'd guess you'd be very much in a minority of people to have that kind of interpretation of the word "replacement".

I took back nothing, Dimi - reading back realised I made a typo. Things like that happen; I apologised for the confusion caused yet you seem to wnt to treat it like evidence you're right. An interesting interpretation.

I know you claim to be in Australia quite a bit, resident there for the most part aren't you? So successful businessman, full time imparter of knowledge here and no doubt avid viewer of our matches at all levels.

Lower league payers, lol. We're in the Championship in case you hadn't noticed, ergo only Doyle is a "lower league player". Notice I've been nice and not really stressed your claim that we'd signed "League 1" players. Plural. When disproved you fall back to "lower league", because you consider the Championshp to be a league lower than the league we're in?

Jones side I believe would probably edge it against this one purely due to the firepower upfront with Bothroyd and Chopra - but Marshall is a better keeper now with age than he was then.

Mackay's side I don't see it. Miller was woeful - Helguson was far better, warhorse of a striker. Pity we didn't have a younger version. There's no parallel universe where Don Cowie would get into our side now, none at all.

Humouring you, let's sell the big 4 only then. Any ideas what to do with the other 34 professionals? Hmm, match day squad of 18 maximum, so every week during the season, around 47% of those professionals won't be involved other than training. Even if you assume all those players were on the same wage, around half the players wage bill each week would go to players not playing other than, at best, DVP level. And even then, you can only have a set limit for over age players in DVP games.

Whilst I'm sure you're successful enough to spunk tonnes of money away, I'd point out that's been our failing.

We are not the worst we have been in a decade as a result. 13th is not our worst league position; you tried to introduce an objective view by citing league position. Our worst in the Championship was 16th. Ergo, we are not the worst we've been. I'll not point out the fact the division is obviously different every year hence precise comparisons can never be like for like because that would be rude given you introduced the subject.

Now if you meant in your subjective opinion, that's a different kettle of fish. You're entitled to your opinion after all regardless of the validity of it.

I'm actually crying laughing here . It's hilarious because I've got Parlay on ignore so I can only see the posts he's provoked you into making. Will they never learn!

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:35 - Mar 3 with 1713 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:11 - Mar 3 by blueytheblue

Gower

You're welcome.

FINALY!!!!

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:38 - Mar 3 with 1699 viewsGroo

I thought Parley shifted his focus onto this other utopian better than ever messageboard somewhere else in the upper echelons of the interweb hemisphere.

Not closed has it?

Groo does what Groo does best

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:31 - Mar 3 with 1633 viewsmorningstar

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:32 - Mar 3 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm actually crying laughing here . It's hilarious because I've got Parlay on ignore so I can only see the posts he's provoked you into making. Will they never learn!

Why have you got him on ignore and still comment about him? Ignore means ignore him completely as you have no interest in him.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Cardiff's accounts are out on 02:13 - Mar 4 with 1560 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:31 - Mar 3 by morningstar

Why have you got him on ignore and still comment about him? Ignore means ignore him completely as you have no interest in him.

Oh dear, did I upset you by mentioning a poster I have on ignore in the context of him arguing with someone else. Sowwwwwwwwyyyyy

Cardiff's accounts are out on 12:22 - Mar 4 with 1467 viewsdobjack2

Cardiff have been living way beyond their means for years.

The appointment of Slade and changes in players looks like an attempt to drastically reduce costs and keep them from dropping out of the championship. Not an easy task.

The issues about what happens to the parachute money and the money saved are dependent on VT and his plans.

In the blue corner (formerly known as the red corner) he can't afford to go so it is simply cost cutting. In the other corner he is going to stuff as much as he can get back into a bag and go, asset stripping.

At the moment I think it depends on whether anyone thinks their glass is half full or half empty. Time and VT will tell.
Cardiff's accounts are out on 12:30 - Mar 4 with 1457 viewsItchySphincter

Whether it's asset stripping or not is a debate that does not hold my interest. What is mildly interesting is the fact that they're cost cutting, fact, regardless of motivation. Nothing to argue about in that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 13:03 - Mar 4 with 1430 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff's accounts are out on 12:30 - Mar 4 by ItchySphincter

Whether it's asset stripping or not is a debate that does not hold my interest. What is mildly interesting is the fact that they're cost cutting, fact, regardless of motivation. Nothing to argue about in that.

Yes, the big news is that they don't seem to be behaving like Cardiff any more. Apart from being ubersh1te on the pitch obviously - beating the mighty behemoths of Rotherham aside.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff's accounts are out on 14:08 - Mar 4 with 1382 viewsacejack3065

Cardiff's accounts are out on 13:03 - Mar 4 by monmouth

Yes, the big news is that they don't seem to be behaving like Cardiff any more. Apart from being ubersh1te on the pitch obviously - beating the mighty behemoths of Rotherham aside.

They can't lose forever mun.

Call it what you want their outgoings had to decrease otherwise they'd be in an even bigger mess.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024