Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we deserved to take something tonight 03:16 - Mar 5 with 972 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I would say that was the best away performance we've seen since Middlesbrough ; we took the game to Brum, had much the best of the first half and created a couple of good chances in the second half that on another day might have gone in. One poor piece of goalkeeping has ended up costing us against a side who rarely threatened our goal.

Lots of players did well. We had a very youthful back five out, and they coped well on the whole, Addison looking a decent prospect and Aldred and Hall again acquitted themselves well. O'Hara was again the pick of midfield, but Delfouneso was much more effective than he has been of late - all those chants about his Villa ancestry must have geed him up Finally, there was a lively half hour from Barkhuizen, who was unlucky not to score.

To place it in context, Birmingham were really not all that good and found it hard to exert or maintain any pressure. But that was much, much better than what we have been watching of late.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

we deserved to take something tonight on 03:26 - Mar 5 with 964 viewsOsbourne

Was Addison playing as an extra central defender or as a midfielder sitting behind O'Hara and Perkins?

The radio commentary did not really make it clear.

For anyone at St Andrews what formation were Pool playing?

Still surprised at the Starting XI and squad 18 Pool went with tonight.
we deserved to take something tonight on 03:31 - Mar 5 with 962 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

we deserved to take something tonight on 03:26 - Mar 5 by Osbourne

Was Addison playing as an extra central defender or as a midfielder sitting behind O'Hara and Perkins?

The radio commentary did not really make it clear.

For anyone at St Andrews what formation were Pool playing?

Still surprised at the Starting XI and squad 18 Pool went with tonight.

He looked like he was playing a holding role in from of the back four to me, but I could be wrong. He looks a good player though, very calm and assured.

we deserved to take something tonight on 11:23 - Mar 5 with 883 viewslemongreentea

From this season of ever deepening gloom doom and despondency nice to read of some positives.
Hope they can be taken into next match.
we deserved to take something tonight on 12:09 - Mar 5 with 868 viewsseasider13

Glad the lads at least made a fist of it, cheers for the report robbie.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

we deserved to take something tonight on 12:14 - Mar 5 with 867 viewsOdinsRaven

knowing our lot we'll probably get hammered next game :-)
we deserved to take something tonight on 13:45 - Mar 5 with 839 viewshindu_seasider

we deserved to take something tonight on 12:14 - Mar 5 by OdinsRaven

knowing our lot we'll probably get hammered next game :-)

None of those players deserve to wear they shit, they're s**t
we deserved to take something tonight on 14:52 - Mar 5 with 813 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

we deserved to take something tonight on 13:45 - Mar 5 by hindu_seasider

None of those players deserve to wear they shit, they're s**t

Great insight, yet again.

we deserved to take something tonight on 16:08 - Mar 5 with 800 viewsWizaard

we deserved to take something tonight on 03:31 - Mar 5 by basilrobbiereborn

He looked like he was playing a holding role in from of the back four to me, but I could be wrong. He looks a good player though, very calm and assured.

I agree with most of the O/P. Not sure we had a back 5, more of a 4 with Addison as a holding midfielder in front of them?

Given that role, he also went close with a couple of headers in the box so could be a good acquisition.

When you consider that I don't really recall Parish making a save of note all night, a point was the least we deserved, while Madine and Barkhuizen really should have both scored from close in. Their keeper spread himself well, but the ball hit him rather than he make a save.

All in all, something to build on, but that would be predicated on us keeping the bulk next season. Whether that pans out seems unlikely given recent history.

The support wasn't massive, maybe 200, but I thought they supported the team throughout, not something you've been able to say recently. Maybe it was because we were on the front foot for much of the game, actually picking up possession in midfield and going again, rather than our usual sporadic at best, attacking options.

It still galls that once again we let in a very poor goal. The ball was played in diagonally at no great pace, yet Parish hesitated before going so by the time he got there, their player was already airborne and able to loop it past him. Not what we deserved from the evening, but that's the way it's gone all season.
Login to get fewer ads

we deserved to take something tonight on 16:31 - Mar 5 with 792 viewsspooner

That Addison was one of our better players in his first full game for over 6 months, whilst being surplus to requirements at a club aspiring to some "progress" by investing in those already equipped, or with the potential, to compete at this level, speaks volumes for the manner in which we have neglected to concentrate on training, strategy, development, commitment, structure, tactics, honesty, openness, integrity, consideration, pride, community and credibility.
Incidentally, the pronoun "we" is a generalisation.
we deserved to take something tonight on 17:26 - Mar 5 with 769 viewsPlumbs

we deserved to take something tonight on 16:08 - Mar 5 by Wizaard

I agree with most of the O/P. Not sure we had a back 5, more of a 4 with Addison as a holding midfielder in front of them?

Given that role, he also went close with a couple of headers in the box so could be a good acquisition.

When you consider that I don't really recall Parish making a save of note all night, a point was the least we deserved, while Madine and Barkhuizen really should have both scored from close in. Their keeper spread himself well, but the ball hit him rather than he make a save.

All in all, something to build on, but that would be predicated on us keeping the bulk next season. Whether that pans out seems unlikely given recent history.

The support wasn't massive, maybe 200, but I thought they supported the team throughout, not something you've been able to say recently. Maybe it was because we were on the front foot for much of the game, actually picking up possession in midfield and going again, rather than our usual sporadic at best, attacking options.

It still galls that once again we let in a very poor goal. The ball was played in diagonally at no great pace, yet Parish hesitated before going so by the time he got there, their player was already airborne and able to loop it past him. Not what we deserved from the evening, but that's the way it's gone all season.

'The support wasnt Massive'....

It wouldnt be Wizz-they were watching a defeat to Blackburn

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

we deserved to take something tonight on 19:20 - Mar 5 with 742 viewsWizaard

we deserved to take something tonight on 17:26 - Mar 5 by Plumbs

'The support wasnt Massive'....

It wouldnt be Wizz-they were watching a defeat to Blackburn

Did you get back ok
we deserved to take something tonight on 22:35 - Mar 5 with 700 viewsPlumbs

we deserved to take something tonight on 19:20 - Mar 5 by Wizaard

Did you get back ok

Yeah- no probs.We used one of our alternative routes which works going to and back from Yarkshire.
M62 west to M66 then off towards Burnley etc.Take A56 fork and then second Haslingden turnoff A6232 which takes you into the back of Blackburn M65 then M61 to M6.

Its about ten minutes longer than going thru the Worsley spur which at the moment is a nightmare-last night at 5.00pm the traffic coming from 'your way' was backed right up.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

we deserved to take something tonight on 22:42 - Mar 5 with 696 viewscamberwell1

we deserved to take something tonight on 22:35 - Mar 5 by Plumbs

Yeah- no probs.We used one of our alternative routes which works going to and back from Yarkshire.
M62 west to M66 then off towards Burnley etc.Take A56 fork and then second Haslingden turnoff A6232 which takes you into the back of Blackburn M65 then M61 to M6.

Its about ten minutes longer than going thru the Worsley spur which at the moment is a nightmare-last night at 5.00pm the traffic coming from 'your way' was backed right up.

Cheers Robbie
At least the performance is encouraging.

Have they opened a Waitrose yet in Catford? They surely must if Cookies have been stalking g your food purchase habits

I'm playing for the Civil Service Vets and no doubt will get sucked into R 5 Live Sports Xtra tonight at silly O'ock 4 the Muppets

Have fun and eat well
Cambers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024