Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eclipse 11:13 - Mar 20 with 1291 viewsWizaard

Quite cloudy here in Leeds, but there was enough of a break in the cloud from around 9.00 to see the sun turned into a crescent that slowly went anti-clockwise, with around 80% coverage at 9.30.

Got some good pictures as the light reflected between the windows of our office.

Just after 9.30 the cloud really thickened up so we've seen nothing since.

How was it for you?

Eclipse on 12:28 - Mar 20 with 1272 viewsOdinsRaven

Rubbish in FY 4

Saw a wee bit through the clouds with about 80% coverage. More a haze through the cloud cover. Went a very chromatic dusky and the birds started doing their pre sleep singing
Eclipse on 12:38 - Mar 20 with 1269 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Eclipse on 12:28 - Mar 20 by OdinsRaven

Rubbish in FY 4

Saw a wee bit through the clouds with about 80% coverage. More a haze through the cloud cover. Went a very chromatic dusky and the birds started doing their pre sleep singing

I was asleep in bed, so it kind of passed me by.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Eclipse on 12:44 - Mar 20 with 1268 viewsWizaard

Eclipse on 12:38 - Mar 20 by basilrobbiereborn

I was asleep in bed, so it kind of passed me by.

They reckon the UK economy has lost £650,000,000 as people went out to watch.

No different to the amount lost through those nipping out for a fag break, or those spending the first hour of every Monday talking through the weekend to their colleagues, most of whom really don't want to know that little Esme's birthday party was a real success.
Eclipse on 12:47 - Mar 20 with 1267 viewsterminallytangerine

Eclipse on 12:44 - Mar 20 by Wizaard

They reckon the UK economy has lost £650,000,000 as people went out to watch.

No different to the amount lost through those nipping out for a fag break, or those spending the first hour of every Monday talking through the weekend to their colleagues, most of whom really don't want to know that little Esme's birthday party was a real success.

Missed it!

Will definitely have make a point of seeing the next two.
Eclipse on 19:46 - Mar 20 with 1239 viewsribble

Being the diligent middle management public servant that I am, I was busy wrapping red tape around a very large and awkward slab of NHS bureaucracy at the time but I did briefly glance up to see.... not very much at all.....far too cloudy. And, as I said to Ethel when she brought round our tea and morning cakes, I was expecting something approaching darkness to descend rather than the 'just a bit gloomier than it was a few minutes ago' scenario we actually got in Liverpool. All in all, rather a disappointment. Had to closed a couple of wards and sack some nurses in the afternoon just to cheer myself up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024