Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we divided or United as a fan base? 06:22 - Apr 7 with 2144 viewsSTHolder

Have been disappointed the last 24 hours as to how much fans have turned on each other. Why do we think that some fans have this mentality whereas they turn on each other before they question what the real perpatraitors have done?
Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 08:48 - Apr 7 with 2126 viewsscratchingshed

If all fans came out and publically condemned the Oystons message boards would be a much nicer place to visit, sadly we still have one or two supporters who choose not to do it for whatever reason, so sad.
Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 09:35 - Apr 7 with 2119 viewsWizaard

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 08:48 - Apr 7 by scratchingshed

If all fans came out and publically condemned the Oystons message boards would be a much nicer place to visit, sadly we still have one or two supporters who choose not to do it for whatever reason, so sad.

Our demise has nothing at all to do with what has been said or not said on messageboards.

Even if people were giving him undying support (which they're not), it makes not a happ'neth of difference.

The blame for this disastrous season starts and ends with one man.

The outbreak of 'I told you so' does nothing to help the situation. I find it ironic that those claiming to be most upset are those who don't go home or away, while those who have continued to support their team and therefore have seen the demise at first hand are seen as the problem. How can you claim to be so upset, when you're also pleased to see us down as it vindicates your stance?

Madness.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 9:37]
Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 13:04 - Apr 7 with 2084 viewshindu_seasider

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 09:35 - Apr 7 by Wizaard

Our demise has nothing at all to do with what has been said or not said on messageboards.

Even if people were giving him undying support (which they're not), it makes not a happ'neth of difference.

The blame for this disastrous season starts and ends with one man.

The outbreak of 'I told you so' does nothing to help the situation. I find it ironic that those claiming to be most upset are those who don't go home or away, while those who have continued to support their team and therefore have seen the demise at first hand are seen as the problem. How can you claim to be so upset, when you're also pleased to see us down as it vindicates your stance?

Madness.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 9:37]

The ones who still support the Oystons AREN'T fans
Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 15:07 - Apr 7 with 2070 viewsWizaard

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 13:04 - Apr 7 by hindu_seasider

Who is ctively supporting the Oystons? I couldn't name one.
Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 16:08 - Apr 7 with 2067 viewsseasider13

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 13:04 - Apr 7 by hindu_seasider

Pathetic hindu, i don't see anyone supporting the Oystons on here,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 18:23 - Apr 7 with 2056 viewscamberwell1

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 16:08 - Apr 7 by seasider13

Pathetic hindu, i don't see anyone supporting the Oystons on here,

No-1 supports that family, they are all the same - useless at footie management and truthfully don't give a toss about the game - if they did, we wouldn't be in this quagmire.

The Club is on the edge of terminal closure. If we don't get rid of them within the next 2/3 months we are absolutelyt finished

They need to go and very, very quickly and the fans wake up, smell some coffee and drag this Club back to wherever it should be - so be united or we're doomed.
Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 11:39 - Apr 8 with 2009 viewsWizaard

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 18:23 - Apr 7 by camberwell1

No-1 supports that family, they are all the same - useless at footie management and truthfully don't give a toss about the game - if they did, we wouldn't be in this quagmire.

The Club is on the edge of terminal closure. If we don't get rid of them within the next 2/3 months we are absolutelyt finished

They need to go and very, very quickly and the fans wake up, smell some coffee and drag this Club back to wherever it should be - so be united or we're doomed.

The problem is that I don't see anyone with a coherent strategy that could force through the necessary change in the two/three months timescale you refer to.

The coming months will be very interesting. It's alright saying the fans should smell some coffee. How does that translate into a buyout of the Oystons?

Without outside help, I don't see any local fans being able to effect that kind of change.

Clark has said he wants his squad in place by the end of June ready for a full pre-season training. Does anyone realistically think he'll get that from the current regime? Wanting and getting are two completely different things, and a summer with Karl in charge will maybe open his eyes to how the fans feel.

Alternatively, maybe Oyston will have an epiphany and back him with what he wants. The problem is that even if it happens, the trust between owners and fans is completely broken down and can't be repaired. As such, there has to be change, otherwise we will continue to flounder.

Given my earlier statement about them not selling up, I'm afraid for the future.

What then happens is that in frustration, fans will lash out and part of that collateral damage will be a breakdown of the necessary unity that fans need to effect change. A vicious circle that won't result in what's wanted by all.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 11:41]
Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 15:24 - Apr 8 with 1968 viewsPlumbs

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 11:39 - Apr 8 by Wizaard

The problem is that I don't see anyone with a coherent strategy that could force through the necessary change in the two/three months timescale you refer to.

The coming months will be very interesting. It's alright saying the fans should smell some coffee. How does that translate into a buyout of the Oystons?

Without outside help, I don't see any local fans being able to effect that kind of change.

Clark has said he wants his squad in place by the end of June ready for a full pre-season training. Does anyone realistically think he'll get that from the current regime? Wanting and getting are two completely different things, and a summer with Karl in charge will maybe open his eyes to how the fans feel.

Alternatively, maybe Oyston will have an epiphany and back him with what he wants. The problem is that even if it happens, the trust between owners and fans is completely broken down and can't be repaired. As such, there has to be change, otherwise we will continue to flounder.

Given my earlier statement about them not selling up, I'm afraid for the future.

What then happens is that in frustration, fans will lash out and part of that collateral damage will be a breakdown of the necessary unity that fans need to effect change. A vicious circle that won't result in what's wanted by all.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 11:41]

One way would be for the fans to form a community share issue and bid for part of the club,and use the 'community lever' to bring the club into a central role within the town.

Sponsors donating to the buyout (rather than advertising with the club) would be a start,and maybe the fans producing their own matchday programme and merchandise.
The fans could also set up a 'pop up' shop in the town centre and do its own 'Golden Gamble' etc.

Loads of alternatives if the collective will is there.

Edit:I'm United (smiley)
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 15:24]

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Login to get fewer ads

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 20:10 - Apr 8 with 1934 viewsribble

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 18:23 - Apr 7 by camberwell1

I'm not sure sniffing a Costa's Latte is going to help much. Nor is it needed. We all know where we are, why we're here and who's to blame.

But, rather like Captain Mainwaring and his obsession with flushing out 3rd Columnists ('Oh, they're out there all right, Wilson. All we have to do is find them'), some of the zealots amongst us will still try and drive a wedge between the fans in a futile effort to unmask non-existent 'Apologists'.

Other than that, I would say as a group we are probably as united as we have been for a very long time.
Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 13:09 - Apr 9 with 1878 viewsAVFTTConvert

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 20:10 - Apr 8 by ribble

I'm not sure sniffing a Costa's Latte is going to help much. Nor is it needed. We all know where we are, why we're here and who's to blame.

But, rather like Captain Mainwaring and his obsession with flushing out 3rd Columnists ('Oh, they're out there all right, Wilson. All we have to do is find them'), some of the zealots amongst us will still try and drive a wedge between the fans in a futile effort to unmask non-existent 'Apologists'.

Other than that, I would say as a group we are probably as united as we have been for a very long time.

I'd say we're now divided. Too many fans now have their own ulterior motives (and I'd suggest BST always wanted to be BSA and by organising dinners, coach travel and now wanting discussions with Oyston they are fast turning in to another BSA).

Sadly every football club is the same because it's not a level playing field (especially at Bloomfield Road) and when you have others running a club that the fans are financing you will never have agreement).

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 17:32 - Apr 10 with 1855 viewsKOSBowlCut

Are we divided or United as a fan base? on 13:09 - Apr 9 by AVFTTConvert

I'd say we're now divided. Too many fans now have their own ulterior motives (and I'd suggest BST always wanted to be BSA and by organising dinners, coach travel and now wanting discussions with Oyston they are fast turning in to another BSA).

Sadly every football club is the same because it's not a level playing field (especially at Bloomfield Road) and when you have others running a club that the fans are financing you will never have agreement).

Well you'd be lucky to find anyone defending Oyston these days and so surely we're united but just see different ways of showing our dissatisfaction?

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024