Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last night 08:36 - Apr 8 with 1864 viewsWizaard

Another game in which I thought we had the better of the draw, especially in the first half. For long spells, it was us running the game in midfield with some neat play, while Madine continued to show that he is a decent focal point, holding the ball up well and bringing his team-mates into play.

Finally we both won and scored a penalty, with a clear push on Madine and a good finish from O'Hara.

The pitch played its part in reducing the quality of the game, with Jacobs in particular hampered by the inability of the ball to run on the atrocious surface. Another who blamed it was Perkins as he broke with players to both left and right, and only two defenders with him; I thought he just got caught between two minds and ended up doing nothing, but he'll be blaming the pitch

Once again we started the second half cold, and were immediately punished as Pobrebniak (sp?) ran strongly down the wing before pulling the ball back. It looked like one of our players tried to smash it out for a corner, only for it to strike Hall in the face and rebound into the net. He looked out for the count and eventualyl had to leave the pitch. Shame, as he has been playing well, although I thought Maher did OK in his place.

Second half, we seemed to fade, and didn't have the same dominance in midfield, although Reading didn't really threaten and looked a poor side. How there are in the FA Cup semi-final is anyone's guess. As the game meandered to another draw, Clark will take consolation from the fact that we at least have started to look like a team, with a recognisable shape and no little threat. Far too late and simply highlights what a frustrating waste this season has been, and all so avoidable.

No doubt there will be plenty of coverage about the pre-match scenes. With it being Easter, it was no surprise to see the many gifts of eggs aimed at the West entrance and windows. No doubt the main meal in hospitality at the Fulham game will be omelettes. Along with a flare and fireworks, it livened up the scene and emphasised just how unhappy the fans are with the current regime.

Still not sure they'll go anywhere, but it's clear there is no turning back.

Such a waste of an opportunity to be a real vibrant community club.
Last night on 15:25 - Apr 8 with 1792 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Well you've saved me a job there Wiz, as I saw the game as you did in every detail, I think.

As for the protests, pass. Wasn't there, didn't see anything, can't comment.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Last night on 16:12 - Apr 8 with 1774 viewsCurryman

Last night on 15:25 - Apr 8 by basilrobbiereborn

Well you've saved me a job there Wiz, as I saw the game as you did in every detail, I think.

As for the protests, pass. Wasn't there, didn't see anything, can't comment.

It seems to be a regular occurrance from what I'm reading to have eggs thrown although looking at the scenes on Look North, It's a first for fireworks.

I just hope the protests don't get out of hand and someone ends up injured.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Last night on 17:49 - Apr 8 with 1736 viewsseasider13

Thank you for the report Wiz,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Last night on 18:32 - Apr 8 with 1716 viewsWizaard

Last night on 16:12 - Apr 8 by Curryman

It seems to be a regular occurrance from what I'm reading to have eggs thrown although looking at the scenes on Look North, It's a first for fireworks.

I just hope the protests don't get out of hand and someone ends up injured.

It was the volume of eggs that got me last night. Someone or a group were well prepared.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024