Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club 23:29 - Apr 17 with 5502 viewsClydeSide

Frank Knight is a pensioner being forced to pay £20k for allegedly libelous comments he made regarding the Oystons on his Facebook page which has 34 friends. This is simple bullying, as people like Frank cannot afford to risk taking such a case to court because the chances of losing, no matter how small, would ruin their entire lives beyond repair.

Please donate whatever you feel is necessary, small or large, and if possible add a little comment so Frank can see the support he has got all over the football league.

If this ever happens to one of yours, we will all be behind you.

The support we have had from Swansea fans so far has been amazing and I would like to thank any of you who have already contributed. Good luck with your remaining games.
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 20:55 - Apr 21 with 1147 viewsdantheswansman

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 16:56 - Apr 21 by Dewi1jack

There are legal regulations for those who have the money to go into a protracted court battle and there is no protection for those who cannot afford to, either through health or wealth.
And if you don't understand the difference, you really are far more stupid than you sound in your ramblings.
Oh and muppet, I suggest you learn the difference between Law and Legal, before you try insults. Or thinking- something you are clearly not capable of.
Try a little research for yourself, if you're capable of breathing and doing something else

As i and many others have tried to get through to your stupid brain . He deserved everything he got .
Stop trying to make him out as being bullied or too poor to fight back .
His actions were libellous and he has paid the price . Which is exactly how it should be .
Not particularly very clever are you ? Bit of a simpleton me thinks .
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 20:57]
Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 22:15 - Apr 21 with 1117 viewsbluenile

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 20:55 - Apr 21 by dantheswansman

As i and many others have tried to get through to your stupid brain . He deserved everything he got .
Stop trying to make him out as being bullied or too poor to fight back .
His actions were libellous and he has paid the price . Which is exactly how it should be .
Not particularly very clever are you ? Bit of a simpleton me thinks .
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 20:57]

It's methinks.....................just saying.......................well you wouldn't want to be thought of as a simpleton?....................shame really, as I think your arguments are sound...................it's just that the insult is at odds with the rest. Oh and all I's are capital when on their own.........................just saying.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 22:17]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 22:44 - Apr 21 with 1106 viewsmorningstar

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 22:15 - Apr 21 by bluenile

It's methinks.....................just saying.......................well you wouldn't want to be thought of as a simpleton?....................shame really, as I think your arguments are sound...................it's just that the insult is at odds with the rest. Oh and all I's are capital when on their own.........................just saying.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 22:17]

Yep, seems like he's just one of those guys that can't get his point across without calling people simpletons and stupid. It's not the only thread, he's posted similar on another within 5 mins of this.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 00:04 - Apr 22 with 1066 viewsScoobyWho

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 13:55 - Apr 21 by blueytheblue

The examples you gave are not libellous.

If you read the apology made by the guy then you can read between the lines and have a fairly good guess as to what was said.

EDIT: Here's the apology in full. It's not difficult to work out what was alleged and why there's a very good chance it was pretty libellous.

Apology

Re: Blackpool Football Club Limited (“BFC”), Mr Owen Oyston and Mr Karl Oyston (together “the Oystons”)

On or about 18 April 2014, I published, by posting on my Facebook page, allegations concerning the Oystons and BFC.

I now regret making these allegations, I fully accept that they are false and I wish to sincerely apologise for them and also for the harm, distress and financial losses my comments have caused both BFC and the Oystons and I wish to unreservedly withdraw them.

I accept that my publication of the allegations on Facebook and in a manner which is readily accessible to users constitutes a very serious libel. It has injured the reputation of the Oystons and has caused them considerable embarrassment and distress.

It has damaged their reputation in business and it is considered to be grossly defamatory of the position of the Oystons within the Club, within the football hierarchy and within the football community in general, as well as within the local community for it to be even suggested that either or both of the Oystons were not only aware of such alleged activities but also that either or both of the Oystons actually condoned them.

In recognition of this, I have agreed with their suggestion that I should pay to BFC, by way of damages, costs, disbursements and interest and in full and final settlement of all matters in issue between myself and BFC and the Oystons, the sum of £20,000.00.

After a frank discussion with the Oystons, I acknowledge that they are both genuine fans of BFC and they and their families have only the best interests of BFC at heart. I recognise that BFC is now in a significantly healthier situation than when the Oyston family first became involved in it. I note that the combined net assets value at cost of Segesta and BFC were £32 million as at May 2014, compared with -£42,000 as at May 1987, when the Oystons took over BFC. I accept the Oyston family’s main objective is and always has been, for the financial stability and success for and of BFC.

I believe that whilst fans and management may sometimes have different views as to how best to replicate BFC’s recent success on the pitch, it is fundamental that everyone should work together rather than create divisions.

Dated this 15 day of April 2015

Frank Knight
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 13:58]

I know the examples I gave were not libellous, that's why I gave them as examples.
I thought this guy had stated that the older Oyston was convicted of a sex offence, which is true from my knowledge. And then even though it was true still had to pay damages. Hence the examples.

👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 08:22 - Apr 22 with 1041 viewsblueytheblue

Please support an O.A.P. being bullied by owners of his club on 00:04 - Apr 22 by ScoobyWho

I know the examples I gave were not libellous, that's why I gave them as examples.
I thought this guy had stated that the older Oyston was convicted of a sex offence, which is true from my knowledge. And then even though it was true still had to pay damages. Hence the examples.

👍

Well, nobody would be silly enough to repeat precisely what was said but I don't believe that was the case.

If you read the paragraph beginning "After a frank discussion with the Oystons," then that for me hints at what was said - in particular the way it gives some specific information. Frame other comments around that paragraph - ie damage done and for me it becomes a bit clearer.

In which case, if you're going to make specific allegations you'd better be sure of your facts and have evidence.

The irony is, if the comments made were as I outlined above then the poor little OAP isn't the nice innocent cuddly person people want to portray. It's all well and good whining about "Freedom of speech" but you can't have any semblance of that and ignore your responsibility to face the consequences of things you say and write.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024